Jon Kitna loves Jesus; hates losing

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, what a turd. I saw this story on sportscenter and pissed myself.

WAAAAAH!!!!!

Seriously, Jon, call the waaaaaaambulance. You guys lost. NYG is a better team. Get over it.

"Did he really say that?" Strahan said. "I honestly thought in the first half that was one of the worst teams we played that was 6-3, to be honest with you. I don't understand why Jon would say that.

"But the bottom line is, we're 7-3, they are 6-4. Am I right? Maybe we'll see them down the road (in the playoffs), and if that is the case, we'll beat that (butt) again."

I hope Kitna pulls this crap after we "beat that ***" (as Strahan would put it) on Thursday, so I can get another good gut laugh.

And while we're at it, this is the voting thread.

:pop: :pop: :pop:

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said this in another thread, but Kitna is probably preparing for this game like he's never prepared before. Losing the "fraud game", that was a huge loss, and Kitna has to know he was stupid to say those things, so he has something to prove. He has to see this game as the last redeeming hope for his season. They have to beat the Packers to be taken seriously again.

OP
OP
P

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said this in another thread, but Kitna is probably preparing for this game like he's never prepared before. Losing the "fraud game", that was a huge loss, and Kitna has to know he was stupid to say those things, so he has something to prove. He has to see this game as the last redeeming hope for his season. They have to beat the Packers to be taken seriously again.

Soooo..... you're picking the Lions? Because Kitna can't keep his mouth shut? I don't think that has anything to do with his throwing picks and taking sacks. Cause that's how Kitna do what he do.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I'm not picking the Lions. I voted yes, but <6.5. What part of my post made it sound like I was picking the Lions? I was just saying Kitna probably taking this game more serious than any other game this season.

OP
OP
P

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just saw one vote apiece, and assumed since you never really said one way or another that you voted we'd lose a close one.

But, I should've known what happens when you

assume

You make an *** out of u and me

But in this case that was me making an ***.... :oops:

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of rational thoughts come into my head of us being tired, hurt, and having a short week plus limited practice and having to travel... but come on... there is a magic surrounding the Packers now. We are going to beat them by 20 points. F'real!

Reaction score
I have a stupid class during this game, so I will miss probably miss the entire game. I hate exam time at college. :mad:

I have a feeling that Martz will try and establish his running game at the expense of his passing attack early on, much like how he did against the Giants in the first Q. Martz will be a thick headed individual, who unlike McCarthy, will not play to his offenses strength because he wants to prove that the Lions can run.

That'll mean the Lions offense will be less than explosive on their first few series, and the Green Bay O should be able to score some points early.

Having the Lions play catch-up the rest of the way would be great for Green Bay, with Kitna trying to force passes, and the Death Squad will not have to respect the run.

I'll guess that this game isn't even close, Packers win huge.

I like the extra option just for vikey. :lol:

OP
OP
P

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of rational thoughts come into my head of us being tired, hurt, and having a short week plus limited practice and having to travel... but come on... there is a magic surrounding the Packers now. We are going to beat them by 20 points. F'real!

20 points sounds pretty realistic to me, actually...

None of those above factors concern me. They would normally be legitimate detractions, yes. But Detroit is in exactly the same situation as us, except they played their butts of for 60 minutes pn Sunday, we played hard for about 25.

Travel isn't a big deal-that flight's gotta be what, 45 minutes?

OP
OP
P

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I have a stupid class during this game, so I will miss probably miss the entire game. I hate exam time at college. :mad:

I almost asked what the hell kind of school would have class on Thanksgiving, but then I remembered Canadians=Communist Turkey Haters.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the option P_I_B :)

However, this Thanksgiving I am cheering for the Packers.

The one time that I pulled for the Packers, it was the the Packers/Bears game...Hmmm...Yes, that one worked out well!!!!!

:rotflmao:

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being from Michigan it's hard not to cheer for the hometown boys(unless they are playing against the Packers). I voted "Yes, but by < 6.5 points ".
I think this will be closer than we want it to be. The Lions are very dangerous on takeaways then scoring after the turnover. We need to establish the run then pass.

A lot of people I work with are Lions fans and I feel for them. Years of frustration under bad ownership and managment that doesn't seem to be close to coming to an end any time soon. This has been their first glimmer of hope in years. I think Kitna is a leader on that team that the Lions have needed for a long time and I can't dis him because of a bad remark he made. He plays with a lot of heart and will do anything to win. Sound like another quarterback we know and love?

I do hope the Pack wins this one(I have money riding on it). I also think it may be a tougher game than we expect.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just for the record, here's what Kitna said: “Yeah, it’s more difficult because that is not a better football team than us. We gave them the football game today.”

Really not that big a deal, in my opinion. It was not a particularly smart thing to say, but players often say stuff like that after losses.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we'll lose, but I'm worried about the amount of time we have off. Four days isn't much rest for guys like Tauscher who are already hobbling. That's the only thing I'm worried about.

Members online

Latest posts