1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jolly beginning to become more of a problem

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by NYPacker, May 21, 2010.

1. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
  2. A1MEANGREEN

A1MEANGREEN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    oh man will this guy ever learn. looks like trouble hes on thin ice as it is

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Does this deal impedes him from playing? If so, then it's a problem. If not, it isn't. I mean, "Throw him in jail! He's having a party!!!! He's an adult!!!!"

I really doubt any judge will prevent a person from working...

4. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    As I said earlier in this week, John Jolly won't ever get another contract from Ted Thompson.

Ted does a great job, the best in the NFL, of finding pretty good character people. He's the opposite of what Marvin Lewis and the Bengals do there bringing in criminal after criminal.

Once Jolly tried to deal drugs, whatever this schit is, that sealed his fate. I suspected this, and then Ted drafted not one, but two guys to replace him, including shocking all of us in the 2nd round with the 4th-round projected Mike Neal.

Adios Jolly. Guy makes nice plays batting balls down, but does little else. I still don't forgive him for his ghetto-ish personal fould penalty last year in game 2 against the Vikings which ended up costing us a TD, and perhaps that game.

5. Pugger

Pugger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Yes, I'm beginning to suspect the Packers staff were getting weary of Jolly and his conduct off the field so they drafted 2 D linemen.

6. A1MEANGREEN

A1MEANGREEN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    oh yeah its called jail

7. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    You're aware that we're not talking about prison in here, right?

The problem is the curfiew. But, in most cases, when the person has a nighttime job, it's adjusted...

I think this will be the case. And this is what I meant by "I doubt any judge will prevent someone from working". The deal isn't to punish him, but rather to stop him from using codeine. That's the spirit of the deal.

Jolly will only go to jail if he breaks one of the terms of his new bond.

8. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    Oh my god!!!! A picture of him with a drink in his hand. I guess they would have to arrest just about everyone in Wisconsin. lol.........what a F'n joke. But what isn't a joke is the hair folicle test he is about to take. He's screwed.........and I hope nobody is thinking they will be seeing him in a Packer uniform..........cause it's not going to happen!

9. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    Even though it was just 'a picture of him with a drink in hand', he shouldn't be giving ANYBODY excuses to make him more like a bad guy.

He should be keeping his head down, and be in his P.J's and in bed by 9pm, as to NOT give the opposition more ammunition to fire at him!!

He's being very stupid about this situation, throwing parties etc. **** like that can be done when he's all clear, NOT while the guy is waiting to go to court!

Some very immature moves have been made by Johnny Jolly, and TT won't see these moves as just a picture with a beer in his hand.

Drafting 2 DL in the draft is looking to be a pretty smart move...

10. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I know, people are blowing this way out of proportion... But it was in his bond not to have alcoholic beverages...

And, with his new bond, he could be prevented from playing, due to the curfew imposed. I doubt it, but it could happen.

Yeah, those in his hands might very well be cranberry juice... But he's an idiot for being in that spot...

11. A1MEANGREEN

A1MEANGREEN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    i will tell you this texas dont play they are very tough. if he breaks his bond restrictions they will lock him up till his trial. but i hope for the best

12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Hmm... Might be time to sign that tender...

13. A1MEANGREEN

A1MEANGREEN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    i think you just might be right lol

14. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Thing is, he did break his bond, and was given a new one.

But yeah, because it's Texas, I don't guarantee that the judge will relax his conditions to allow him to travel with the team...

15. A1MEANGREEN

A1MEANGREEN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    3 strikes. i hate to say this but judges in texas arent know for cuting much slack. this i know but all the luck to him

16. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    They very well could be pics from last year. Like I said though........it doesn't really matter because once he takes that hair folicle test.......everything he has done in the past six months will show up.

17. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Jolly is on his way out of the league and/or off the Packers

He posted flyers about a party he was hosting showing him flashing signs with drinks in his hands. As per his bond agreement he can't have alcohol. Though this isn't conclusive evidence, I could cite court cases of underage drinking tickets being upheld based on photographic evidence of them holding red cups at a party.

Jolly must submit a hair follicle to be tested for drugs and alcohol by a lab within the next seven days.
    Hair follicle tests go back a long time and they are as close to infallible as you can get. He's screwed. Expect a positive for marijuana at the minimum.
    He is now subject to a 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. curfew
    Based on his personality and lifestyle, he's going to violate this, it's just a question of whether a cop checks his ID at some point.
    Jolly was ordered not to attend any place that has drugs or alcohol
    See above.
    He must go to an evaluation center to determine whether he has issues with drugs for alcohol, and then abide by any recommendations for treatment
    This one is just a formality; no problem here unless he gets a real d*** of a counselor that wants to check in on him often and at random times.

He is facing 2-20 years if convicted of the original charge. It's going to be very hard for him to win a not guilty plee and get less than 2 years in jail. Regardless, he has to deal with Goodell and a suspension, between 4 games and a season I would assume.

18. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Exactly. I am pretty sure he is about done.

19. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Jolly needs to be given the opportunity to pursue other opportunities.

20. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
  21. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    He's an idiot for not dressing up for court on felony charges. I dress up for traffic court! Jeans really?

Can the packers change their tender on him? If so they should to something like a 3rd rounder. Is anyone going to touch him? No, but it will send a strong message to him

22. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,005
    They can pull it at any time. Make him an instant free agent. The only team that can sign him right now are the Packers anyway.

23. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    You can take Johnny Jolly out of the jungle, but you can't.......

He's clearly not a "Packer Type" of player.
    We saw that the hard way when we lost to Minny last year in Green Bay, when this bozo committed the flagrant cheap shot after we stopped the Queens on a 3rd down. It gave them a 1st & goal and then a TD. We lost. That play was the biggest, and dumbest, of the game.

I like intimidation, but not stupidity. I unfanned Jolly after that play.

24. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    I want Jolly to stay but come on

25. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Here's the court outfit. Johnny needs better suspenders. Originally I couldn't understand how anyone could get 200 grams of codeine in a single soda bottle, but the more I see of this idiot I'm convinced he's guilty.

[​IMG]