1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Johnny Jolly is Done, ESPN goes Outside the Lines

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, Jun 27, 2010.

1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
  2. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    He probably thought it was maple syrup, sprite, and jolly ranchers... thats what he usually had for breakfast.

3. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +280
    what a moron, I fully expect his release

4. David Pynnonen

David Pynnonen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    highly disappointed..atleast we have raji!

[ame="http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5332554&categoryid=3286128"]OTL: Purple Drank - ESPN Video - ESPN[/ame]

5. Oklahoma_Packer

Oklahoma_Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
    He needs to get his sh*t together, and kick that stuff to the side before he ruins his life.

6. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2

Was the racist comment necessary? Jolly is a **** up just like a lot of NFL player black/white etc..... But did you have to refer to him as an jungle idiot?????????

i think the real idiot is the ones who make racial slurs on football forums...

7. PApackersfan

PApackersfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    its actually more of a stereotype. How many white races live in the jungle, not many, most are some sort of indigenous race. How many indigenous races live in a "snowy climate" say siberia, not many. I hate how people play the race card...hey open your eyes we have a black president this isnt the colonial days, its the 21st century chill the **** out.

8. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Well-said.
    Look, there are a lot of curse words that we could apply to Jolly that would be in line.

Jolly is who he is, and taking him away from his jungle, his hood, his crib, his H-town, whatever you want to call it, has not and will not change his stripes. He will not ever be given another contract by Ted Thompson.

I think the real idiots are ones who play the race card even when there's nothing there. I thought it would go out of style a bit once America voted for the minority, foreigh-born Obama, but there apparently are still some exceptions.

9. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    And Mike Neal, and CJ Wilson, Cullen Jenkins, and maybe, just maybe, Justin Har......

• Like Like x 1
  10. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +280
    ADMIT ZIMBABWE Johnny Jolly deserves to be released ASAP.

Come on, that's what you focus on? Fragile minds

• Like Like x 2
  11. A1MEANGREEN

A1MEANGREEN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    bye, now you can go and have a jolly good time

12. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    life? he needs to cut it out before it kills him.

idk where people get the thought that doing ish like that won't kill them. too bad i think he can be an excellent player.

13. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,056
    Seems pretty obvious that Jolly needs help. I would like to see the Packers do all they can for the guy to help turn his life around, regardless of how this trial turns out. This should be a full time job for Jolly for, say, the next season or 2 while he is on the PUP list. If he is successful, then bring him back to play. The Packers did save a certain QB's life by sticking with him through his drug problems. Even though he thanked them by pissing on them, the Packers did the right thing.

14. DoubleC4

DoubleC4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    very true. but this is ted thompson were talking about not ron wolf. i dont think thompson wants to mess around with this guy

15. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +280
    I guess he has a small chance of not getting released, but I don't expect him to impress TT with his attitude and dedication

16. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    The help & rehab story is nice and storybook and all, but the guy is who he is.
    You can't change a guy like that. I think we've all learned.

The Favre thing was way different. That happened. This is who Jolly is. He's a thug, an idiot. I still don't forgive him for his idiot after the whistle personal foul he committed against the Vikings when we had finally stopped them on 3rd down, giving those bastards a 1st & goal and then a touchdown. We had momentum, he ruined it.

17. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,056
    Yes, he appears to have no sense of right and wrong, but I still think he needs to be given a chance to learn. Put him on PUP, get him into treatment and counseling. If he shows no interest in changing, then cut him loose. Everybody deserves such a chance. And people do change on occasion, if the light bulb goes on in their disordered brain.

Favre abused drugs and alcohol, and apparently changed things around with great help from his employer. Unfortunately, his obsession with them was replaced by his obsession with himself.

18. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2

Seriously your going to argue that referring to a person of color in the US as an JUNGLE IDIOT is not racist, even if the word jungle can be represented because more people of color reside in actual jungles it doesnt change the context of the statement. The word idiot was just substituted instead of the popular "jungle monkey" "jungle ape" etc... all of which are racial slurs...

Its a football forum the least you can do is keep out your racial bias in check..

JOHN JOLLY IS DEFINITELY IN THE WRONG AND SHOULD BE RELEASED... HE WAS IN A POSITION TO COMEBACK AND BE APART OF A SPECIAL TEAM.. ONE HUNGRY TO BE BETTER ON DEFENSE and one with A LOT OF PLAYERS out TO PROVE SOMETHING hawk, tramon, atari, Bj..... Defense this year for the packers is the TOP PRIORITY we need to be consistent and everyone is accountable. We dont know if WOODSON is going to be superman and you better believe the NFL WILL be ready for CM3 round 2... The other side of the line needs to bring it and its going to start with getting sacks and pressure from elsewhere... Jolly could help but he put himself before the team. His drug habit has cost us a lot...

But the racial slur wasn't necessary to express your anger, disappointment etc...

19. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    okay I dont think any harm was meant I never seen or heard Frank spewing racists things.....I believe the point was made and he will TRY to be more careful in future..

So can we drop it?

If you still have a issue with each other do it in private..

20. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Which is why I didn't use a slur, such as the words you mentioned which I underlined. I find those words offensive in those manners, which is why I didn't and wouldn't say or write them, as you did. Only you wrote or thought those words.

Now, nobody said, or thought anything racist here, except you. It's a non-issue, except from you.

21. Pugger

Pugger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Do you truly think Wolf would have put up with Jolly's nonsense?

22. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35

I have a feeling he will stick around and get suspended. Hopefully this situation lights a fire underneath of him. Truth is, we need him. I don't trust Mike Neal at all, I really hope that TT knew what he was doing.

23. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I trust Mike Neal 100%, that is to get pressure on QBs once in awhile, which Jolly did not.

Neal is a beast.... and I was so mad when his name was announced as our 2nd pick with so many so-called studs still on board and our need for OLBs and CBs..... hope TT proves brilliant on this one.

24. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Where did you get that?

A lot of reports say that he looks like he was build to play football, and that he's looked good in OTAs, but that's it...