1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

John Ryan

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Cdnfavrefan, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well probably the last thing most of you care about is the punter but I kinda got a keen interest in Ryan as he played here in Winnipeg last year setting the CFL record for punt average. He's got a huge leg and if he learns to get his hangtime I think he can make it in this league. Would be good to see the skinny white kid from Saskatchewan make it in the big time. I still wonder if the Pack will bring in a veteran to challenge him. After the family night game he did an interview here and admitted it was crazy to play a scrimmage for 60 000 people. He also couldn't believe he was in the same room as Brett Favre. Here's to a good punter and humble guy making it with the greatest franchise

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Isnt it Jon Ryan?

Im not trying to be a jerk(you'd know) I was literally staring at the title going "now who the hell is John Ryan?"

I like Ryan. Goes to show you dont need to trade up to get a decent punter(decent at best right now) in the 3rd round of a draft.

I hope it works out for him, I dont see why it shouldnt. His release time should improve(id hope) at least a little.

3. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Yes... It is JON not John.

But then, growing up in Canada I learned to spell "Check" "CHEQUE" as in "Write a cheque for $200.00"

Honest mistake....

I hope he cuts it in the NFL too.

R.P.

4. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My bad. One thing everyone will soon learn is I'm the worst speller here

5. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    If TT doesn't bring someone else in to compete with him he's nuts.

6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    The Packers tried out a punter a few days ago. Well, they gave him a looksie.

7. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I didn't catch that. Who was it?

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

9. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks

10. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    One advantage Ryan has is you know he'll be able to handle the weather in winter. It would be nice to have a backup plan though in case it doesn't work out

11. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Np... wasn't any big name, but I'm sure it sent a msg to Ryan that jus becausse he's the only P on the roster doesn't mean the job is his. Although I'm sure he knew that already.

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think he punted OK. After a few years of Sander, anyone looks good! :wink: