• 7th Round?

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Nothing.

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lazard is replaceable as well. He is a really good #4 wr. Kind of a ruevell martin type. He's not gonna play for anyone but the Packers with Rodgers. Once the Packers are done with him he's done in the nfl.

And that's fine. It's just compare Rodgers wr group when he first became a starter thru Jordy and Cobb leaving to what he has now....when doing so you realize wow! That's a pretty big difference. No wonder Rodgers hasn't been as good
respectfully totally disagree...Lazard is coming into his own...but this injury dampened the whole fire

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
So what would they be minus adams? Worst in the league easy, yeah? I guess how about this take the number 1 wr for each team out of the equation. Then where would you rank them?

If you took the top WR's away across the league, they would be among the worst in the league, yes. I think you'd be sorting them out along with the Dolphins, Eagles, Redskins, Bears, Ravens, 49ers, Patriots, and Jets.

But the fact is that Davante Adams plays for the Packers. No one has argued that they couldn't afford to upgrade behind him.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Lazard is replaceable as well. He is a really good #4 wr. Kind of a ruevell martin type. He's not gonna play for anyone but the Packers with Rodgers. Once the Packers are done with him he's done in the nfl.

And that's fine. It's just compare Rodgers wr group when he first became a starter thru Jordy and Cobb leaving to what he has now....when doing so you realize wow! That's a pretty big difference. No wonder Rodgers hasn't been as good

Why are people so quick to decide that they know what kind of player these young guys are destined to be?

Lazard's career has barely gotten off the ground. He had like 9 games last year where he played more than half the snaps. He was a fixture of the offense to start things off this year and was playing really well before he got hurt.

But we're going to decide right now that he's a #4 and that he can't produce for anyone but Rodgers? Based on what?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So based off what I saw today, while I support Gute going for Ross, I think something should clearly happen either way. While I certainly don't believe Rodgers forced any balls to Adams, he clearly didn't target the other guys very often. Top tier teams are going to key on that down the stretch and in the playoffs.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carlos Dunlap also wants out of Cincinnati and has put his house up for sale. I don't know why anyone who plays for that team would buy a house in the area.

D

Deleted member 6794

But the fact is that Davante Adams plays for the Packers. No one has argued that they couldn't afford to upgrade behind him.

True, but some posters have inexplicably argued that the Packers might be better off without him because Rodgers would spread the ball around more often based on having a 6-0 record in games Adams has missed.

While I certainly don't believe Rodgers forced any balls to Adams, he clearly didn't target the other guys very often. Top tier teams are going to key on that down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Well, that's what happens when the receiving corps lacks talent after the #1 on the depth chart.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
True, but some posters have inexplicably argued that the Packers might be better off without him because Rodgers would spread the ball around more often based on having a 6-0 record in games Adams has missed.

Which is patently absurd.

The success that the offense has had without some key pieces is a credit to LaFleur's ability to game plan around weaknesses and Rodgers' ability to work within those game plans. But it is indeed inexplicable to argue that someone being without those key pieces is a benefit.

What I found funny yesterday is that on this same forum you have people who argue that the Packers receiving corps is trash because the gap between Adams and the next option is so large, and others who argue that taking Adams away would be good for the offense. Go figure.

H

HardRightEdge

Lazard is way above a Ruevell Martin type player.
Yeah, Lazard has been a pretty decent receiver this season and last even if we wouldn't expect any Pro Bowls in his future. People get hung up on draft status and workouts in underwear when guys are 20 or 22 years old even if there is subsequent evidence on the field to show something different.

At the conclusion of last season I dubbed him Mr. First Down, moving the chains on 69% of his catches and 46% of targets. He was continuing that with 11 FDs on 13 catches before getting injured, 85% of catches, 65% of targets.

According to pro-football-reference.com, the passer rating when he was targeted was 115.6 last season and 157.1 this season on limited sample sizes.

He's had 4 drops on 69 targets over two years, again on a limited sample. A 5.8% drop rate is not good, but it's not bad either.

He's just not the kind of guy who's going to be a high volume, 150 target receiver. But as a 90 or 100 target guy over a full season with a great QB he'd be pretty productive. Compared to a John Ross, I'd take him every day and twice on Sundays.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Yeah, Lazard has been a pretty decent receiver this season and last even if we wouldn't expect any Pro Bowls in his future. People get hung up on draft status and workouts in underwear when guys are 20 or 22 years old even if there is sufficient evidence on the field to show something different.

At the conclusion of last season I dubbed him Mr. First Down, moving the chains on 69% of his catches and 46% of targets. He was continuing that with 11 FDs on 13 catches before getting injured, 85% of catches, 65% of targets.

According to pro-football-reference.com, the passer rating when targeted was 115.6 last season and 157.1 this season on limited sample sizes.

He's had 4 drops on 69 targets over two years, again on a limited sample. A 5.8% drop rate is not good, but it's not bad either.

He's just not the kind of guy who's going to be a high volume, 150 target receiver. But as a 90 or 100 target guy over a full season with a great QB he'd be pretty productive. Compared to a John Ross, I'd take him every day and twice on Sundays.

And in Lazard's case, his workouts were pretty darn good.

H

HardRightEdge

And in Lazard's case, his workouts were pretty darn good.
Well, they were not unacceptable for NFL play like Tee Higgins ;), a guy Gutekunst would never draft. Lazard's Combine was kinda middling, not an NFL disqualifier, maybe a little better than middling among big long striders. Pretty darn good for a UDFA practice squad project.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Well, they were not unacceptable for NFL play like Tee Higgins ;), a guy Gutekunst would never draft. Lazard's Combine was kinda middling, not an NFL disqualifier, maybe a little better than middling among big long striders. Pretty darn good for a UDFA practice squad project.

They were strong results if you adjust them for size. His aggregated sparq score placed him in the 75th percentile.

Members online

Latest posts