• 7th Round?

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Nothing.

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah he is overrated is at best a teams #2 would not give up only a 3rd for him at best and thats if they called us. He will be looking to be paid and we have a #1 reciever already . He has not played great since AB left and now that Claypool is there he looks good again.

He had 1,300+ yards two years ago. anyone that doesn't think he'd be worth a second and third round pick is insane

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had 1,300+ yards two years ago. anyone that doesn't think he'd be worth a second and third round pick is insane
I’m really not sure what Ross is worth... I suspect that is too much unless you meant a second OR a third.... but I gave your post a funny simply because of your constant conviction. You may be right that he is worth that much... but there is a very good chance that he is not. I hardly think that anyone that disagrees with you is insane.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m really not sure what Ross is worth... I suspect that is too much unless you meant a second OR a third.... but I gave your post a funny simply because of your constant conviction. You may be right that he is worth that much... but there is a very good chance that he is not. I hardly think that anyone that disagrees with you is insane.

He was speaking about JuJu not Ross.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Brown has some mental health issues and I dont say that to be funny. I really think he has some issues that I dont think he is mature enough to get help for or failed by putting wrong people in his inner circle. I have been hoping we trade a 5th or 6th and josh jackson to Dallas for Gallup. A better DT would be the best piece we could had really. I like our offense think we let every get to us and could not recover in that bucs game. I think Matt will see how he failed the interior run game would have worked and took pressure off of the oline.

I think Timmy Jernigan was released by the Broncos a few days ago. He would be a nice cheap addition against the run. I don't think Cowboys are gonna let go of Gallup, but that would be a good deal.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the Washington Football Team signing Robert Foster from our Practice Squad, I wonder if that makes Gute anxious to add a WR to the roster somehow.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm watching Fulgham in the Giants Eagles game. How did the Packers- and others-miss on this guy?

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm watching Fulgham in the Giants Eagles game. How did the Packers- and others-miss on this guy?

We have a non-WR coaching the WRs, which is so far the worst coaching decision LeFleur has made so far in my opinion. If MVS, and ESB don't make strides, I put part of that on Jason Vrabel; which why I think we missed on Fulgham, who would have been clutch with the loss of Lazard. If Ross still underwhelms, I think that could be a factor.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Was he with the Eagles at some point previously? I thought I had heard that.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
We also often fail to remember that young players improve.

We were on the long end of the stick with Lazard. Looks like the Eagles may be with Fulgham.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Players do improve, but to go from the Packers Practice Squad to looking like a possible Pro Bowl WR in a matter of 30-45 days? That talent was already there. But to be fair, Fulgham was the 184th Overall Pick 2 years ago, so alot of people missed that talent.

Southside

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes a change of scenary does a player good. If the price is right, get him in and see what he can do.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The fact that we are approaching the trade deadline, for the second consecutive year and the media, as well as Packer fans, can't stop talking about "what WR's could the Packers trade for to improve the offense" is telling to me. Reminds me of several years ago when the same conversation was about CB's or ILB's, although an argument could be made that ILB is still something that the Packers have not improved upon. I would also throw in the thought that had it not been for Rodgers injury in 2017 and the 2018 season going into a relatively quick nose dive, this might have been the 4th year in a row that a lot of people are discussing the WR position. Before someone jumps on me about 2017, after the season ended was when the Packers should have been more aggressive about the position IMO. I also don't consider letting Jordy walk, signing Graham and the 2018 draft as being all that aggressive of an approach to the position.

I think the most frustrating thing for me is that we are approaching week 7, with a 4-1 team and not only are the prospects of improving that WR position slim and dwindling, even if Gute pulls the trigger, how long does it take to see a new WR come into GB and help the offense in 2020?

Currently the Packers WR payroll is this:

Devante Adams: $12 M

All other WR's on Roster: $2.5 M

Last edited:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To clarify, I mean he'll be a cheap pickup. The 6th Round pick just ensures he comes to Green Bay. By no means will the Packers try to outbid anyone.

While Ross' contract is fully guaranteed, by being at almost the halfway point of the season I can't imagine Ross costing more than $1.5M the rest of the way. For a boom or bust, I believe it could be worth a shot before Gute decides to invest a higher pick in a WR, which I currently don't see being higher than 3rd Round.

I guess I were prefer Gutey look at a DL or OL if any trades are made in the near future.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If you don't think JuJu is worth a 2nd and 3rd, then you're insane. That should be one of the tests for the DSM (the diagnostic manual of mental disorders).

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If you don't think JuJu is worth a 2nd and 3rd, then you're insane. That should be one of the tests for the DSM (the diagnostic manual of mental disorders).

I'm not saying the idea is a non-starter, but Juju is on pace for 61/517/8, with a terrible 8.4 YPR.

It's hardly insane to not want to spent a 2nd and a 3rd to rent him for half a season and then pay him.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying the idea is a non-starter, but Juju is on pace for 61/517/8, with a terrible 8.4 YPR.

It's hardly insane to not want to spent a 2nd and a 3rd to rent him for half a season and then pay him.

His pace is the reason I think the Packers could get him for that little. If he was on pace for 1,200+ yards, the Packers would be sending multiple firsts.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
His pace is the reason I think the Packers could get him for that little. If he was on pace for 1,200+ yards, the Packers would be sending multiple firsts.

I really like Smith-Schuster. The talent is real. But he's on track to complete a 2nd year in a row with under 600 yards receiving. So I think you're overrating his value a little bit. I don't see a 2nd and 3rd to rent him as a bargain.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're just WR's guys. Big time QB's get multiple firsts, not WR's. Big time Tackles, or pass rushers, not WR's. Every team has at least 1, usually 2 or 3. They're everywhere and when was the last time a WR was the make or break guy for a team? 2's and 3's? man, if you're that desperate for a WR, the rest of your team will suffer. Randy Moss never brought anything to the pats they didn't get that or more without him. ABrown never brought his new teams anything. OBJ turned them into whiners not winners. Amari Cooper, Percy Harvin, Keyshawn freaking Johnson. Why would anyone give up big picks for a WR in this day and age I have no idea.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
They're just WR's guys. Big time QB's get multiple firsts, not WR's. Big time Tackles, or pass rushers, not WR's. Every team has at least 1, usually 2 or 3. They're everywhere and when was the last time a WR was the make or break guy for a team? 2's and 3's? man, if you're that desperate for a WR, the rest of your team will suffer. Randy Moss never brought anything to the pats they didn't get that or more without him. ABrown never brought his new teams anything. OBJ turned them into whiners not winners. Amari Cooper, Percy Harvin, Keyshawn freaking Johnson. Why would anyone give up big picks for a WR in this day and age I have no idea.

I tend to believe that WR is one of the more overrated positions in the league in terms of importance.

That's not to say it's unimportant, but I would put it behind QB, Pass Rusher, OL, and CB. And if you look back over Super Bowl winners and look at their rosters, there isn't a strong correlation between rings and high end WR corps.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Smith-Schuster. The talent is real. But he's on track to complete a 2nd year in a row with under 600 yards receiving. So I think you're overrating his value a little bit. I don't see a 2nd and 3rd to rent him as a bargain.

It's not a bargain. Ppl trying to find bargains aren't going to help the team win. Yes, it's a gamble, but the payoff is massive and the cost to re-sign him is going to be much lower than his talent would normally dictate because he played with terrible quarterbacks last year and the Steelers have found cheaper receivers to replace him with this year.