Jets approached by teams for Wilkerson trade. GB?

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well this would turn my Obsessive compulsive disorder into overdrive waiting for next season. LOL

Ok who or what would you offer in trade for Wilkerson, if Ted had the runs and you were the substitute GM? :)

I have to think a minute before i put my foot in my big mouth.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to say Perry, who hasnt really taken off in our system, Like I hoped when he was drafted. Jets run a 3-4 too, but much heavier than ours. Maybe with new coaches they are considering a 4-3 again? I am only guessing.

Who is coming up on contract next year, that we probabally wont be able to afford?

Clev44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
only 25 years old, still young and value wise would be better then anyone we could draft at 30 this year. We need help on the defensive line. Its the exact reason why Seattle traded their draft pick away for Graham, their is no value this year at 30. Way out of character for TT and I don't think it happens but its not like Wilkerson is getting up their in age, almost like drafting a guy that is a redshirt senior who is a proven, disruptive player in the NFL. Could do a lot worse. Yes he will get a nice contract but he makes plays and is at a position of need. Im all about it, then take an ILB with our second round pick.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well this would turn my Obsessive compulsive disorder into overdrive waiting for next season. LOL

Ok who or what would you offer in trade for Wilkerson, if Ted had the runs and you were the substitute GM? :)

I have to think a minute before i put my foot in my big mouth.

The next 3 years 1st Rd picks

H

HardRightEdge

It's a multi-whammy.

- You have to give up a high pick or picks.

- Then you have to sign they guy to a multi-year contract that's probably going to be in the $9 mil per year area, perhaps pushing up toward Geno Atkins $10.5 mil per year deal.

- It would have to be a sign-and-trade deal otherwise you might get a one-and-done player for $7 mil and draft pick(s). Three-way negotiations get complicated.

- Wilkerson might not want to play in Green Bay. Under a sign-and-trade scenario, he has leverage in where he goes.

Not happening.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a multi-whammy.

- Then you have to sign they guy to a multi-year contract that's probably going to be in the $9 mil per year area, perhaps pushing up toward Geno Atkins $10.5 mil per year deal.

- It would have to be a sign-and-trade deal otherwise you might get a one-and-done player for $7 mil and draft pick(s). Three-way negotiations get complicated.

- Wilkerson might not want to play in Green Bay. Under a sign-and-trade scenario, he has leverage in where he goes.

Not happening.
Dang I hate it when reality shows up.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a multi-whammy.

Not happening.

Wilkerson and the Packers would probably have an unwritten deal in place before a deal was made. That being said, still wouldn't happen.

H

HardRightEdge

Wilkerson and the Packers would probably have an unwritten deal in place before a deal was made. That being said, still wouldn't happen.
That amounts to a sign-and-trade three-way negotiation. Hard to do.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a multi-whammy.

Not happening.

Completely agree. Ted likes his own, home-grown players he picked, and he likes guys on a rookie contract that can also contribute on special teams if need be. Wilkerson is none of that.

Ted has a few holes to fill, so all the eggs aren't going into one basket anyway.

H

HardRightEdge

Completely agree. Ted likes his own, home-grown players he picked, and he likes guys on a rookie contract that can also contribute on special teams if need be. Wilkerson is none of that.

Ted has a few holes to fill, so all the eggs aren't going into one basket anyway.
Peppers fits the same description. The difference is picks and money.

H

HardRightEdge

Would he be enough to get TT to move down 7 spots out of 30 to the Jets 37?
That move is about worth a mid-4th. round pick. I doubt it.

The Jets said they're going to wait until after the draft to resume negotiations with Wilkinson. The report is that teams called the Jets, not the other way around.

This is entire story is likely nothing more than a couple of teams taking a shot in the dark.

D

Deleted member 6794

I want to say Perry, who hasnt really taken off in our system, Like I hoped when he was drafted. Jets run a 3-4 too, but much heavier than ours. Maybe with new coaches they are considering a 4-3 again? I am only guessing.

Who is coming up on contract next year, that we probabally wont be able to afford?

Perry wouldn´t be even close to what the Jets would ask for in return for Wilkerson. I would be fine with giving up this year´s first round pick for Wilkerson as long as he would agree to a long term extension.

Members online

Latest posts