Jermichael Finly hurt

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
I will start by saying, I hope his injury isn't serious. After all he is a human being. That being said, I will not be sad if he is out for the year. Just when you thought he was starting to improve he is right back to being "Mr. Drop". When will Green Bay realize that? Rodgers just keeps throwing to him. Another thing, when it is third and short. Jermichael, make sure your route takes you PAST the first down marker.

Wills29

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will start by saying, I hope his injury isn't serious. After all he is a human being. That being said, I will not be sad if he is out for the year. Just when you thought he was starting to improve he is right back to being "Mr. Drop". When will Green Bay realize that? Rodgers just keeps throwing to him. Another thing, when it is third and short. Jermichael, make sure your route takes you PAST the first down marker.

Agree that I hope the injury isn't serious, but if it is maybe it's time for the Pack to move on from him. Let's face it, he has a better mouth than hands and his route running is suspect. Every year we hope he reaches his potential, but we are just disappointed again. I wouldn't mind trading him so we can at least get something in return.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't see him at this point being with the Pack after next year. The drops went from a short term oddity, to a long term uncurable problem. Heck, I don't see any team even if he does recover giving him a decent contract with all of his injury and drop problems.

But then again, a guy with the potential of Finley will get a pretty decent cut somewhere.

I just wish he would revert back to his pre-injury 2010 play. He was a crazy matchup monster back then... :oops:

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley 4 drops this year, Jordy Nelson 4 drops this year. BTW, Jimmy Graham has 4 through 4 games.

Hope injury isn't serious and Finley returns.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got slammed hard for suggesting DJ Williams before the start of the season.

Now I really think they should get him in the game plan. In his limited reps this season, he hasn't been too bad. At least he usually catches the ball. He was a monster at Arkansas. There is no way Finley is worth a 6-7 million a year contract with Rodgers Matthews and Raji coming up. ESPECIALLY if it means we need to cut Woodson/reconstruct his contract. I wouldn't be too upset to see Finley go. Can't trust the guy. Way too inconsistent to be elite and for the money it's just not worth it.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got slammed hard for suggesting DJ Williams before the start of the season.

Now I really think they should get him in the game plan. In his limited reps this season, he hasn't been too bad. At least he usually catches the ball. He was a monster at Arkansas. There is no way Finley is worth a 6-7 million a year contract with Rodgers Matthews and Raji coming up. ESPECIALLY if it means we need to cut Woodson/reconstruct his contract. I wouldn't be too upset to see Finley go. Can't trust the guy. Way too inconsistent to be elite and for the money it's just not worth it.

Yea he's not getting that much money. Wouldn't be shocked if TT looks for another tight end in the earlier rounds. I'd like to see him stay but not at that price.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley 4 drops this year, Jordy Nelson 4 drops this year. BTW, Jimmy Graham has 4 through 4 games.

Hope injury isn't serious and Finley returns.

I don't trust this stat. Finley has to have more than just 4 drops, because he has had 2-3 in a game for a couple of games. Some statistician isn't counting some drops as drops.

Also, we need to look at the drops that are being dropped by Finley vs. the other guys. Which kinds of passes are being dropped for Nelson? Jimmy Graham? All of these need to be factored in.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't trust this stat. Finley has to have more than just 4 drops, because he has had 2-3 in a game for a couple of games. Some statistician isn't counting some drops as drops.

Also, we need to look at the drops that are being dropped by Finley vs. the other guys. Which kinds of passes are being dropped for Nelson? Jimmy Graham? All of these need to be factored in.

Here you go official stats.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
No need to look up stats, I have watched all the games and clearly remember more than 4. He had 2 in the 49ers, game and 2 in the bears game........so your telling me that in the other 3 games he had none? Yeah, right!!! He has had a lot more than 4........stat line or not......wtf are they considering drops? lol

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
Unless you look at how many times that WR/TE was targeted, the drop number dont tell the whole story.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No need to look up stats, I have watched all the games and clearly remember more than 4. He had 2 in the 49ers, game and 2 in the bears game........so your telling me that in the other 3 games he had none? Yeah, right!!! He has had a lot more than 4........stat line or not......wtf are they considering drops? lol

Maybe your eyes are clouded by your hate for Finley. I have offered the official stats. You carry around the unofficial ones in your pocket.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Official stats or not, he is not reliable.

I totally agree with that point but let's not manufacture a scenario worse than it is. Nelson has dropped the ball as much as him this year and never gets any grief. And I still don't get how a Packer fan can rejoice when one of our players gets hurt.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1330982-how-big-is-jermichael-finleys-dropped-passes-problem

Here is one break down of the SF game. He clearly missed 4 in that game. They only counted them as 2 drops, but clearly he had 4. Getting 2 hands on the ball, it bouncing off his chest.....clearly a drop to me, but one stat says "no" because he was being held....???...he got 2 hands on it?? wtf???

So that was "offically" 2.....so by your stats he only dropped 2 other passes in 4 games, I think not.

Unofficially he is the drop master. Don't know or dont care was constitutes a drop "statistically", but I know that if you are a pro and you get your hands on the ball, you should catch it. Over thrown passes, under thrown passes that you get one hand on or finger tips on is excuseable, but most his drops are straight gut shots that he lets go through his hands.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bleacher report isn't the official stats and they agreed there were only 2. No they aren't my stats. Again they are those from the NFL. Four drops this year.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recall some sort of stat one of the commentators said during the game that over a period of time (could have been the past 2 years, not sure) Finley has more drops than anyone in the NFL. It's too bad he got hurt, but Crabtree looked like he had better hands after he left.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recall some sort of stat one of the commentators said during the game that over a period of time (could have been the past 2 years, not sure) Finley has more drops than anyone in the NFL. It's too bad he got hurt, but Crabtree looked like he had better hands after he left.

The announcer on Fox this Sunday said that he has had more drops than anyone in the NFL since a certain time period. I remember hearing that. I am sure Collinsworth will bring it up Sunday Night.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts