Jenkins criticizes defensive schemes

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
November 02, 2009, 3:45PM

Former Central Michigan University lineman Cullen Jenkins was frustrated after his Green Bay Packers were shredded by Brett Favre and the Minnesota offense, 38-26.

jsonline.com: Jenkins was particularly frustrated at the lack of pass rush the Packers put on Favre, who for the second straight game was able to sit comfortably in the pocket and cut up the defense, this time completing 17 of 28 passes for 244 yards and four touchdowns. In the two games, including the 30-23 loss in Minneapolis, Favre has thrown seven touchdown passes without an interception.
"Are we doing everything we can to win games or are we doing everything we can to run a certain thing that we want to run?" the normally soft-spoken Jenkins said. "I want to win and I want to do whatever it takes to win. At some point, you have to take the handcuffs off and let the boys play."

---------------------------
Interesting...maybe he has a point...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't get it. We generated enough pass rush against every team we played, except the Vikings. Maybe Favre is just too good to go down. Maybe he has too many good friends on the Packers squad. I'm not saying, I'm just saying...

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This really shocked me when I heard this on the radio this morning. He is having himself a decent year so far but hopefully things dont start to unravel for the pack since they are now starting to question the coaching.

I think they really wanted to hit Brett. If you watch the one time that they got to him it looked like Kampman actually tried to slam him down.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
People tend to "underestimate" Favre's ability to "read" the lines.

And don't forget there were alot of Packers players, who said after the game, that it was almost as if old Greybeard knew before what they were coming with, even when they were disguising the plays ...

So far Favre is what ? 10-0 vs Dom Capers ... - Looks to me like old Greybeard has Capers numbers locked down pretty well ...

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Mcburger is close to losing his team. I dont think the unrest is limited to Jenkins or Woodson.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really wonder if this is going to snowball towards the end of the season with players quitting on the coach.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You think there's a team plot to fire him?
I dont know about that. I do think it can go very bad for him if things don't turn around though. if players stop believing in him they might not put forth the effort. But it's just speculation on my part.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
First Woodson, Then Jennings, Then Hawk, Now Jenkins? tisk tisk tisk, somebody better watch their back or they getting a swirly from the Packeeeers

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins is an awesome player. Love watching him play. But he should ****! First year in a new scheme. I would tend to believe that the players are not fully versed in it all yet.

I didn't get it. We generated enough pass rush against every team we played, except the Vikings. Maybe Favre is just too good to go down. Maybe he has too many good friends on the Packers squad. I'm not saying, I'm just saying...

Since you didnt noticed, the Vikings have a stellar O-line. Thats why we didnt get to Favre and thats why he looks so good.

hummyjohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well of course he was frustrated. He just endured a second beat down at the hands of the Vikings in the span of four weeks. At least we know where the packer fans get their whiny, *****y, demeanor. *****s.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
awwwwe love you too hummy, welcome to the forum! Thanks for looking around and getting aquainted with everyone before talking trash. You'd be surprised on how many people just start posting trash talk without taking the time to post sound responses to other posts. It's a relief to see there are some good hearted nfl fans out there besides us packers fans!

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah I am sure that is it. It couldn't be the fact as the Vikings have a great offense line and your d-line is subpar

Members online

Latest posts