Jenkings On Inside The Nfl Last Night

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
As part of their coverage of the Eagles, 49ers game they were highlighting Jenkins play. What a beast, if he were still here, no doubt we would be having completely different conversations about our D on this forum. Ted and Mike must see something really special in Mike Neal to have let Jenkins get away. Can't wait till he is healthy.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I still miss Cullen...Damn it

But your right, it has been shown that when they let someone get away, they have someone to take their place

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Jenkins was a really good player, no doubt. But Jarius Wynn has more tackles, though 1 (count it) 1 less sack. Wynn just doesn't get any love. We tend to over estimate the impact a player had after they are gone. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Jenkins was only healthy one of the past three years. Others mentioned how we won a number of games last year without Jenkins. He is good, but the team has the tools to replace him.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah as much as i miss the big man wearing number 77 for us, i think Wynn has produced at least enough to be serviceable. Cullen is being asked to do much different things there then here i believe as well in their wide 9 defense giving him more chances to pin his ears back and do nothing but rush the QB. I reallllly hope Mike Neal can come back stay healthy and prove us all wrong because he is an animal, hes strong and can really move blockers around at the point of attack IF he can stay healthy.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
It was take a big financial hit, and keep him. Or find a suitable replacement for less bucks. Since TT and MM brought home the Lombardi last year I still trust them.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Neal better heal up and STAY out there for a long time.
His durability is very important in this team becoming a dynasty because both Pickett and Green have a lot of miles on them.

I like Jarius, also CJ Wilson (don't forget about him). But Neal has a special skill-set, and he needs to be out there.

Reaction score
As part of their coverage of the Eagles, 49ers game they were highlighting Jenkins play. What a beast, if he were still here, no doubt we would be having completely different conversations about our D on this forum. Ted and Mike must see something really special in Mike Neal to have let Jenkins get away. Can't wait till he is healthy.

When I watched Neal play him and Cullen looked like very similar players. I thought Cullen was more of the ellusive type while Neal was better in the run game. They looked like very similar players

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
When I watched Neal play him and Cullen looked like very similar players. I thought Cullen was more of the ellusive type while Neal was better in the run game. They looked like very similar players

One of the scouting reports I read on Jenkins mentioned he wasn't as strong against the run as the 3-4 demands. Anybody hear how soon Neal might be back?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
One of the scouting reports I read on Jenkins mentioned he wasn't as strong against the run as the 3-4 demands. Anybody hear how soon Neal might be back?

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/neal-hopes-to-return-soon-130827948.html

On Thursday, Neal made his first appearance in the locker room since the Sept. 13 surgery and said he hopes to return by the bye week on Oct. 30.

"That's my target," Neal said. "But the doctor told me that one week it could feel good, another week it could feel bad. You just don't know. My target is four-five weeks and just go from there."

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins was a really good player, no doubt. But Jarius Wynn has more tackles, though 1 (count it) 1 less sack. Wynn just doesn't get any love. We tend to over estimate the impact a player had after they are gone. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Jenkins was only healthy one of the past three years. Others mentioned how we won a number of games last year without Jenkins. He is good, but the team has the tools to replace him.
Stats be damned, I've watched them both and it's not even close.

That being said, Jenkins is being asked to just rush the passer almost all the time. Seldomly he has gap responsability. It's kind of why they've been run over by everyone.

And it doesn't mean it wasn't the right decision to let Jenkins go, they factored age, durability, depth, cap room and contract extensions when they made that decision, and their track record is quite good.

But it's clear as day that Jenkins, so far, is being sorely missed.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I felt last year that Cullen was just as important as any other single person on our D. Of course we won some without him, we also won some without other key players. One player missing a game or 3 and still winning doesn't mean we are fine or just as good without them. I miss Cullen in more ways than 1, he was one of my favorites for some time now.

I'm also a big Pickett fan. Of course because he is from THE Ohio State University. But that's a whole other headache this year..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It was take a big financial hit, and keep him. Or find a suitable replacement for less bucks. Since TT and MM brought home the Lombardi last year I still trust them.

Actually wasnt a big hit...In fact, I think the Eagles can let him go after one season

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Actually wasnt a big hit...In fact, I think the Eagles can let him go after one season

He was predicted to go for much more than he did. But because of the darn shortened free agency period, the Packers didn't have a lot of time to see what his value was going to be. So they had to sit on their hands and wait. If they had known he was going to Philadelphia that cheap, I imagine they might have signed him, unless of course there were other mitigating factors like age, health etc. I know Jenkins offered the Packers a "discount" but it must have been a larger contract than the Eagles ended up giving him. I think the lockout hurt him in this way too. Teams had not time to really take a long look and decide. The Eagles threw caution to the wind and decided to sign everyone they could get their hands on. We see how that worked out.

Members online

Latest posts