JC Tretter named starting center

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair the tackles are given the toughest assignment in pass protection and Bakhtiari and Bulaga have mostly performed on a high level in that area.
Yea. Bulagas biggest problem has been injuries. And he has done better recently . bahk has had ups and downs. Might be that our desperation causes us to slightly overpay... But for rodgers sake, do we have a choice?

In my gut, i feel like bahk is going to break out. Become a better run blocker. And all around more consistant

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Yea. Bulagas biggest problem has been injuries. And he has done better recently . bahk has had ups and downs. Might be that our desperation causes us to slightly overpay... But for rodgers sake, do we have a choice?

In my gut, i feel like bahk is going to break out. Become a better run blocker. And all around more consistant
I agree that last year was probably an anomoly for Bakhtiari and will likely continue to be a good pass protector and get marginally better as a run blocker. I don't expect he's going to ever be all pro or elite level though and I don't think that's a missing piece we can ever expect unless Joe Thomas decides he needs to come home even at a home town discount salary. Those kind of tackles usually get drafted very high and we just don't ever hang in that neighborhood.

Matt39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Biggest concern is this means 4 of our starting O-line are in their contract year, which likely means we will see the best line in years, but also means it will be unlikely to keep most of them as other teams may overpay for the units overall production.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Biggest concern is this means 4 of our starting O-line are in their contract year, which likely means we will see the best line in years, but also means it will be unlikely to keep most of them as other teams may overpay for the units overall production.
That's fine with me if we have guys ready to step up into a starting role. Hope the Bears and Vikings are in the crowd of overpayers.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I agree that last year was probably an anomoly for Bakhtiari and will likely continue to be a good pass protector and get marginally better as a run blocker.

Bakhtiari performed like a quality starter in pass protection last season. He struggles blocking for the run though.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barclay doesnt hold the ends well. But he might be a good stump in the middle... He would be a good guard most likely . the extra junk in the trunk that makes him a slow tackle, should be an asset against d tackles in a smaller space
I don't know he didnt fare too well against Cleveland. He did better vs Oakland, but not much.

Members online

Latest posts