Jay Glazer reports that Favre has asked to be traded

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am saying the TT's job is for the packers. But he should of just told Brett that they are rebuilding and let him go a while back ago. But now we have this crap on our hands. Wouldnt you packer fans want Rodgers to grow with this team we are rebuilding ?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rundemc said:
so is thompsons job to do whats best for favre or the packers

The Packers.

the packers the packers the packers the ***** freakin packers.... that shouldnt even be a question.

it ****** me off that thats a question. Favre is a quarterback just like Matt Hassleback is a quarterback. hes a human just like Steve McNair is.

Are you gonna let Matt Hassleback and Steve McNair run your franchise. ok no of course not. so are you gonna let brett favre run your franchise... of course not.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CalifPacker said:
rundemc said:

The Packers.

the packers the packers the packers the ***** freakin packers.... that shouldnt even be a question.

it ****** me off that thats a question. Favre is a quarterback just like Matt Hassleback is a quarterback. hes a human just like Steve McNair is.

Are you gonna let Matt Hassleback and Steve McNair run your franchise. ok no of course not. so are you gonna let brett favre run your franchise... of course not.

Do you guys dream up this **** in your head?

Brett's not running the franchise or trying to. Brett is simply saying IF YOU ARE GOING TO CONTINUE TO DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAN I WANT TO PLAY ELSEWHERE!!

It's quite simple. Brett doesn't want to be part of Ted's silly little 45 year rebuilding process where he starts rookies and bums every year and continues to ignore the GAPING holes on this team.

If you have a job you don't like you can leave. Are you trying to "RUN YOUR COMPANY?"

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
CalifPacker said:
rundemc said:

The Packers.

the packers the packers the packers the ***** freakin packers....

It's quite simple. Brett doesn't want to be part of Ted's silly little 45 year rebuilding process where he starts rookies and bums every year and continues to ignore the GAPING holes on this team.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CalifPacker said:
rundemc said:

The Packers.

well i know that shouldnt even be a question but some people give the impression that favre is the more important, like steve young during the draft and lets face there are a lot of people who werent really packer fans til favre got into his prime

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Show of hands!!

A) How many believe the actual spoken words of Brett Favre??

B) How many believe the claims of Jay Glazer's anonymous source "close to the situation" ??

Okay, why is telling a big lie for effective than a little one or even the truth??

Why when you hear a lie often enough do you begin to believe it.

This is a perfect example of "The drive-by media".....

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
CalifPacker said:
rundemc said:

The Packers.

Brett's not running the franchise or trying to. Brett is simply saying IF YOU ARE GOING TO CONTINUE TO DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAN I WANT TO PLAY ELSEWHERE!!

If you have a job you don't like you can leave. Are you trying to "RUN YOUR COMPANY?"

he had every opportunity to leave before this season started... if we are so bad that not adding Randy Moss makes us a weaponless team... why would he come back in the first place. you dont say your coming back based on the acquistion of one player and then when you dont get the player you wanted, quit on the team... (if in fact he really did ask for a trade) . its all speculation, so we dont know. but if thompson screwed up the deal, and it turns out to be a major mistake then he will have to deal with it.

i really just think this got blown out of proportion. and it sucks.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:jumpsmile: Amazing how many jump to good old boy Brett's defense and think he's above team. Let's just forget it takes a minimum of 22 players on the field to win games. Old Brett does it all by himself. He's certainly good but, not that good. And if Brett can't see a way to win without Moss; then I say let him go where he will and many thanks for the fun. His statements only demean his stature and I'm sure he doesn't want to leave as a disgruntled T.O., Moss look alike. But just maybe he really doesn't care about GB. And that's ok! We've seen that before and survived.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't he pull this same crap last year, now that I think about it? Not the trade request, but complaining about no offensive weapons? Way to ***** about it after Moss is gone. Very constructive. Shows great leadership qualities.

I'm a huge Favre fan but he's acting like a child.

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way I see it Brett quietly asked for a named offensive player last year, there wasn't much on offer so he didn't say much and played but this year he raised his voice a bit on an option that really would have been a steal, (randy moss for a 4th rounder i mean cmon even a washed up superstar with an attitude is worth more than a 4th rounder) and Ted ignores him once again.

If I were Brett I would feel like the guy who had been persuading me to stay has just spat in my face and I would demand a trade too.

Maybe the only real reason why he wants to keep Brett around is to use Brett to get the most fans he can to come to the games instead of wanting to win.

What I'm really trying to say is maybe Teds not really about winning but making the most money he can? Just a suggestion anyway.

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't he pull this same crap last year, now that I think about it? Not the trade request, but complaining about no offensive weapons? Way to ***** about it after Moss is gone. Very constructive. Shows great leadership qualities.

Bretts been around for 17 seasons how many times has he complained before Ted got here?

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everybody is caught up in the media hype. Two years ago, if I had said Favre asked to be traded because Thompson didn't pull off a trade for Randy Moss, you'd think I was smoking crack. Favre threw 29 interceptions with a team that was put together primarily by Sherman. He has no reason to complain about Thompson's work.
Secondly, Favre has almost never had a big name WR. He definitely didn't have one during his 3 time MVP run. Why he's complaining now is probably related to his declining skills more than anything else.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if you think that brett favre is the only reason why green bay sells seats. you greatly underestimate the green bay packers.

brett wasnt playing in 1960 when the sell outs started... and he wont be playing in 2025 when the packers are still selling out every seat. Brett may bring in a bunch of merchandise sales, but so does the fervor every packer fan carries. you dont think ill buy a hawk jersey because brett isnt the quarterback???

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Brett goes to a team with a real shot at winning a championship.
Good luck #4, thanks for the memories, wish you all the best

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is ironic is that from what I read Tom Brady put in overtime talking directly to Moss at length. At some point the tide turned in NE's favor here and I just wonder if Brett had been talking to him as much as Brady was that this might have turned out differently.

My only point is when things do not go the way I WOULD LIKE THEM TO GO I first look at WHAT I MYSELF should have done differently to change the outcome.

All I am saying is Brady's push and personal involvement has come to light and while I know Brett spoke to Moss at some point I think he got out worked here.

If you are going to enter the arena of complaining about things outside your job description you better have done everything you yourself could have done or don't say anything at all.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From PFT

PACKERS BLAME BUS FOR FAVRE FIASCO

A league source with knowledge of the Green Bay Packers front office tells us that the powers-that-be are not happy with agent Bus Cook, who by all appearances is attempting to force an irreparable rift between his client, Brett Favre, and the team.

The Packers blame Cook for sharing with Favre details of the failed efforts to work out a trade for receiver Randy Moss, and for leaking the news that Cook requested on Favre's behalf a trade out of town.

As to the first point, how would Favre know about the ins and outs of the Moss trade efforts if someone involved in the process wasn't telling Brett about it? Cook has long been connected to the representation of Randy Moss on a semi-formal basis, since Cook is a West Virginia native and Randy's West Virginia-based agents, Tim DiPiero and the decertified (and incarcerated) Dante DiTrapano, had no experience in the business before being hired by Moss.

Per the source, the Packers sniffed out during trade talks that Moss preferred the Patriots over the Packers, and that the Packers' interest (driven by Favre) was being used as leverage against the Patriots. As we've previously mentioned (at least twice), DiPiero made it clear on the official Randy Moss web site that the Pats were the first choice.

And why wouldn't they be? Moss is trying to rehabilitate his image in an effort to get in position for a huge payday in 2008. No one was going to give him the $21 million he was due to earn in Oakland over the next two years, including the Raiders. With the free-agent market paying out $20 million or more in guaranteed money to so-so veterans and washed-up stars, Moss knows that one big season in which he plays deep into January (and perhaps February) will vault him to the top of the free-agent market at the receiver position next March, putting him in line for one more big contract before he calls it quits.

But, somehow, Favre was fed the idea that Moss was serious about playing for the Packers. The potential culprits? Moss himself, or Cook. Or both.

Our take? Brett got snowed by his agent on this one, and the agent has been running for cover by blaming the team. The Packers have opted (by all appearances) to take the high road, and as a result the attack on them by Favre (as instigated by Cook) has not been, and will not be, rebutted publicly.

Remember those reports that Moss ended up in New England because the Packers would only give up a fifth-round pick for him, and not because Moss refused to re-do his deal in Green Bay? Though we initially suspected that the team was putting out this information in order to defuse the notion that the Pack got mooned by Moss, we now believe, based on all of the available facts and circumstances, that this was an effort by Cook to put out the word that the Packers could have had Moss if they wanted him -- primarily to reinforce to Favre through a seemingly objective source that the Packers weren't doing what they could to improve the team for their veteran quarterback's swan song.

In fact, an industry source tells us that the Raiders would have taken a fifth-round pick from the Packers in lieu of a fourth-rounder from the Patriots, because Oakland did not want to send him to another AFC team. So the deal was stalled by Moss, who chose a $3 million salary with no guaranteed money in New England over a $3 million salary with no guaranteed money in Green Bay.

Moving forward, the question is whether Favre's nose is back in joint, and if so whether Cook will continue to try to get him riled up. One league insider believes that Cook is merely trying to get Brett out of Green Bay because Cook thinks it's time for Brett to bolt.

But Cook's financial interests would suggest otherwise. With Favre due to make $11 million in salary from the Packers this year, we can't imagine another team paying that kind of money for one season of football.

Maybe we're wrong. Maybe there's a team out there that would be happy to make the investment in order to be in the thick of Favre's final assault on the record books. Some Dolphins fans already are becoming infatuated with the notion of Favre breaking Dan Marino's records in the same uniform in which Marino set those marks. And such a move would go a long way toward placating folks in South Florida who are still miffed that the team chose Ted Ginn over Brady Quinn in round one.

There are other intriguing possibilities (Atlanta, Dallas), and the speculation will continue until Favre declares that he intends to stay put with the Packers. With every passing hour of silence from Favre, the notion that he wants to finish up his career elsewhere gets stronger and stronger.

And the likelihood of Brett wearing green and gold come September gets smaller and smaller.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting take. makes sense. My only question is since Bus is such a close friend of Favre, why would he do this?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His money is already made on Favre, there is still a potential bundle to make with Randy Moss should he resurrect his career this year.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Either way, with or without Favre, the Pack will be fine. If we can replace him with an accurate QB who protects the ball, then the Pack will be even better.

If there is any truth to this, hopefully it will be a catalyst to get Thompson and McCarthy to focus on building a known running game.

Members online

Latest posts