Javon's Demands (per Rotowire)

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walker's agent reportedly asked the Packers in February to make him one of the league's highest-paid receivers, the Associated Press reports. Walker, who has two years remaining on the $7.485 million rookie contract he signed in 2002, reportedly wanted more than the eight-year, $75 million deal that Minnesota gave Randy Moss in 2001. The wideout, who is coming off a 89-catch, 1382-yard season said Saturday he was unsure whether he would be at the Packers' next minicamp, which begins June 1, but he is hopeful a deal will be reached before training camp begins in late July. For that to happen though, he'll likely have to lower his asking price as the Packers seems to be in no hurry to satisfy his lofty demands.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
Walker's agent reportedly asked the Packers in February to make him one of the league's highest-paid receivers, the Associated Press reports. Walker, who has two years remaining on the $7.485 million rookie contract he signed in 2002, reportedly wanted more than the eight-year, $75 million deal that Minnesota gave Randy Moss in 2001. The wideout, who is coming off a 89-catch, 1382-yard season said Saturday he was unsure whether he would be at the Packers' next minicamp, which begins June 1, but he is hopeful a deal will be reached before training camp begins in late July. For that to happen though, he'll likely have to lower his asking price as the Packers seems to be in no hurry to satisfy his lofty demands.

He's nuts. Leave him sit. No more needs to be said.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my biggest concern is why haven't the Packers come out and said this isn't going to happen??? it makes me think they're considering something.

of course it's not the same situation that Philly has, but i love the fact that they came out and told him who's in charge.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
spaulding said:
The pack is doing the right thing by being low key publicity wise

is it being low key, or is it contemplating his demands?

that was what i was getting at. there is a big difference between arrogant and perhaps rigid on the matter, and releasing no opinion or having no stance on the issue at all...

i just wish they would say something so we can put this to bed (somewhat)...

spaulding

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think because Walker and Rosenhaus are doing all the talking and looking worse doing it, the Packers are in the better position. By not giving Rosenhaus anything to respond to publicly, they're winning.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
spaulding said:
I think because Walker and Rosenhaus are doing all the talking and looking worse doing it, the Packers are in the better position. By not giving Rosenhaus anything to respond to publicly, they're winning.

ok i see your point and you might be right.

but, suppose the franchise came out and said "Sorry, not gonna happen Javon. Not this year at least." i don't don't see what team Walker could do to rectify the problem, even if they used the media to their wit's end...they aren't in a position to demand anything, right?

i just wish we would take a stand on the issue.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
spaulding said:
I agree totally here - they give NO AMMO, or fuel... to feed the fire from Javon's side of the argument. Drew can gab all he likes... My question is... that with that high a price tag, for only about 1/3 of what Moss put forth in effort beforehand.. What's Drew's cut of that action? 10%...? 20%...?

Anyone wanna guess?

AG - What happens if Javon holds out - then pulls a NO-SHOW in the Pre-season, then the Regular Season.... He'd be busting his Contract - I think the Packers take him to the Bank and clean house... He may even be responsible for giving back some of the Contract money which was guaranteed..... Possibly?

Who's got a copy of that Contract?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
What's Drew's cut of that action? 10%...? 20%...?

Anyone wanna guess?

Drew only gets 2%...most get 3%.

AG - What happens if Javon holds out - then pulls a NO-SHOW in the Pre-season, then the Regular Season.... He'd be busting his Contract - I think the Packers take him to the Bank and clean house... He may even be responsible for giving back some of the Contract money which was guaranteed..... Possibly?

he'll get fined for the minicamps of course, but i don't think his salary is actually affected until he misses a regular season game. i would think he would get fined for missing the pre-season games, but to be honest, i have no clue.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson is a quiet low key type guy, he will not say much to the media. From all indications here in Green Bay. The Packers are not going to renegotiate Walker's contract now. Walker must report to camp, play this year, and then the negotiations begin. Then he will receive his big payday. If Packers would open negotiations now with two years left on his Walker's contract, The first two Packers to line up at Chief Financial Officer Andrew Brandt's door are Ahman Green and Grady Jackson, who are also unhappy with their contracts. They would be demanding a big payday for themselves also. By the time everyone would get backloaded contracts, the Packers would be in salary cap hell and look like The 49ers did for last few years. Just because, the Packers are not negotiating in the media and Rosenhaus and Walker are, that does not mean the Packers will give in to Walker's demands. The Packers hold the cards, Walker's, once the season starts will then lose his paychecks for each game, right now his is just getting find for each manitory training session of $1,000 each. Which means nothing to WR in the N.F.L. However, Walker's owes two years on his contract to the Packers. Nothing changes that. Sooner he ends is hold out the better for him and and the Packers. Packers know negotiating in the media is unproductive!!

Roadrunner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bingo, you nailed it perfectly PWT36. Green & Jackson are every bit as deserving as Walker is. And if that occurs,

"By the time everyone would get backloaded contracts, the Packers would be in salary cap hell and look like The 49ers did for last few years."

Walker needs to consider what it would mean to his career and reputation if he makes a ton of money, but in the process hollows out the team around him. It's not about deserving it or needing it at all; its only about satisfying an ego that has just grossly overgrown itself.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys - I don't understand why they can't grab onto the Wagon Train that says ----

"We'll suffer now, for the SuperBowl Trophy in the near future"

Exactly what are the Patriots doing right now?
They're preserving their HISTORY in this game!
Something the Packers need to regain... which they used to have!

Worry about the money later - you can't take it with you!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Guys - I don't understand why they can't grab onto the Wagon Train that says ----

"We'll suffer now, for the SuperBowl Trophy in the near future"

Exactly what are the Patriots doing right now?
They're preserving their HISTORY in this game!
Something the Packers need to regain... which they used to have!

Worry about the money later - you can't take it with you!

did you know that Brady's new contract is on par with that of Manning's and Vick's??? i was thrilled when i found this out because finally New England has a ton of money tied up in one player. deals like those will affect every Patriot signing from here on out.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
Did you know that Brady's new contract is on par with that of Manning's and Vick's??? I was thrilled when I found this out because finally New England has a ton of money tied up in one player. deals like those will affect every Patriot signing from here on out.
Could be - but a lot of naysayers are touting that Brady could have gotten waaay more, yet wussied out!

Does anyone really think the Patriots can win yet more SuperBowls?
I mean, really.... Is the rest of the NFL THAT slow.. they can't figure out how it's done?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean, really.... Is the rest of the NFL THAT slow.. they can't figure out how it's done?

Eagles are going to take it all this year... :puke: LOL
God I hate them...

OP
OP
S

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:

God I hate them...

thems the kinda words that cause a mutiny :evil:

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
I don't like the fact that Javon is threatining to hold out, but regardless I think he is an important part of our team. Had he said nothing I would be in favor of signing him to an extension after this year. So Walker's demands come a year earlier than hoped, that doesn't change the fact that it's a good investment. The extra cap room we have won't be used to sign a player that can win us a Super Bowl this year, so why not spend it on someone who can help us win it in 3-5 years.

spaulding

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because as said before Ahman, Grady, Flanagan, Kampmann and anybody else with less than 2 years left on their contracts would wonder where their extensions witha fat signing bonus were. Plus Walker wants a huge signing bonus we couldn't fit under the cap anyway.

Roadrunner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:

God I hate them...

Yeah, I think so too. On the one hand I like Reid and McNabb, they're good human beings. On the other hand I'd much rather see a different shade of green on that field. Sigh.

Members online

Latest posts