Javon ***** Walker

V

Vikeman

Per Profootballtalk.com this morning.

Said Walker recently: "Anybody can say, 'OK, he had a great year [in 2004], so let's see if he can do it again.' That's like trying to tell a person to go to war in Iraq, but let me see if you can go to war again and come back, and then we'll give you the Medal of Honor. You don't send a soldier out to a battlefield twice for him to [prove he is] consistent."

Yeah ok you little crybaby...comparing a well paid football player to a volunteering soldier getting paid pennies to risk their life. What a joke of a comparison. The only thing Javon you care about is money. Green Bay cut his punk ***.

Minnesota Vikings...cutting their cancers away one player at a time.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know several soldiers who are on their third tour of duty in Iraq. The thing is, those soldiers signed a contract and if they're called to go more than once they do. The lesson Javon should have learned is that they have a contract just like him and so when he has a chance to move or negotiate is when his present contract runs out. The problem here is that these professional athletes don't understand is that they're making a lot of money to play a "GAME"! Our soldiers... Edited for "political statement"...

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schmitty said:

:wtf:

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem here is nowadays these athletes think that what they do is actually important. Their mindset is, if I'm not playing the stock market will crash and there will be gridlock through out the nation the people of America cannot live without me playing. The fact is everyone on earth will be fine if Javon doesn't show up. Frankly I'm so sick of listening to his ***** *** whine I don't care if he ever comes back. I'm sick to death of these players thinking they are so friggin important. They are nothing. Yes I love football but players like Javon are leaving a bad taste in my mouth and there is getting to be more and more of them. They don't see the big picture. Life does not revolve around football. Javon come smell my crawl space then we'll talk.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer4ever said:
The problem here is nowadays these athletes think that what they do is actually important. Their mindset is, if I'm not playing the stock market will crash and there will be gridlock through out the nation the people of America cannot live without me playing.

Don't forget we will all come down with post nasal drip and a really bad case of halitosis if they all stop playing ball. :roll:

V

Vikeman

Schmitty said:

Ooooooooookie Doooooooooooooookie!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having served over 20 and been there during Desert Storm, Noble Eagle, Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom. No person in the Armed Forces takes the Medal of Honor lightly. The highest ranking general must render a salute to a Medal of Honor Awardee. Few live to receive the Medal. Their acts are not motivated the medal.

To compare catching a ball (which is not as difficult as getting it there on target on time) for 1300 yards when you are untouched after five yards until you catch it to what men have done for their country, Unit, and fellow warriors (teammates) shows comtemptable ignorance of civics, the military, the NFL, his community, and his customers.

Subway has franchises on many bases and really could not continue with Walker as spokesperson. Like the image of OJ running through an airport for Hertz, Subway cannot be associated with Walker.

Few civilians understand the level of trust required when your very life depends on the actions of your fellow service members. Nor do they understand the great responsibility when others trust their lives upon you.

They do not understand the love, respect, and bond between men when they both survive due to the mutual trust and risk each went through for each other in perilous times.

That is why military personnel find selfishness as exhibited by Walker and Hunt when others depend on them for their mutual success so distasteful.

It is why the dedication of Brett Favre to play when injured is admired.

When a guy stops thinking of the team and his responsibilities you either get him thinking of it quickly or your team removes him. Selfishness is a cancer.

Guys either want to play or they don't. Grady was injured for part of the season last year and the Pack moved on. When a receiver was hurt the team moved on.

I suggest no one wring their hands over these holdouts. The team will do their best without them. It costs:

Miami without the selfish Ricky Williams.
49'ers without the selfish Terrell Owens.
Packers without Mike McKenzie.

You have to absorb the cost temporarily. By next year the teams above will have forgotten their troubled players.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack 66 my statement wasn't made as a political statement it's intent was to show the difference between a soldiers duty and the duty of a football player to his team to play a "GAME". The emphasis is on game. This is a game. War is real. There simply is no comparison. I do understand your political beliefs and I respect them, but this forum isn't the place for that.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i feel that my view IS patriotic...as do many others in this country...and once we go down the slippery slope of making judgements about what is patriotic, and what is not....you are treading a very dangerous road..my friend..that's not the America i've come to know and love..
Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to edit/delete these posts from this thread so it can get back on topic. No one is ever going to agree on this crap so I am with you on not making "reference to ANY politcal subjects...". What is acceptable and not will be dictated by myself and my admins from here on out. Blanket, supportive patriotic statments will be accepted, everything else will be edited or deleted. By blanket statements I am referring to something an average 4th grader would interject i.e. "God bless the USA", "Support our Troops" etc. Nothing more.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts