Janis??

Notso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These are the discussions I have a hard time understanding. The Packers have had an almost endless stream of very capable WRs for several years, many of whom were/are "no name" guys that TT seemed to have plucked from thin air.

This year alone, the Pack has suffered time-loss injuries to WR1 (Nelson), WR3 (Adams), WR5 (The Montster [hat tip to Eli Haugen for the nickname]) and have been banged up at WR2 (Cobb) and WR4 (Jones). Their starting RB (Lacy) has also been largely ineffective due to injury, conditioning, or both. And yet, the Packers are 6-0. What other team on Earth could have weathered this storm in such successful fashion? None that I can think of.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordys knee injury has me wondering what if... He looked fast the couple plays before the knee let go. Him and Rodgers are lethal together... Cobb and the new guy Adams....... Then we get the Montster. This guy wearing 88 looks like a Te. And when he got hurt, he was playing rb. Looking extremely well out of the backfield. All that from a rookie wr??? Cobb is a play maker. Adams forced his way into the conversation. But the Montster is a special kind of beast... I'm speculating he will be the best of the group in a couple short years... Dang right I believe it too.

Notso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordys knee injury has me wondering what if... He looked fast the couple plays before the knee let go. Him and Rodgers are lethal together... Cobb and the new guy Adams....... Then we get the Montster. This guy wearing 88 looks like a Te. And when he got hurt, he was playing rb. Looking extremely well out of the backfield. All that from a rookie wr??? Cobb is a play maker. Adams forced his way into the conversation. But the Montster is a special kind of beast... I'm speculating he will be the best of the group in a couple short years... Dang right I believe it too.

I'm with you, on all counts.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
7 catches, 145 yards, 2 TD's and the only reason he got to play is because we had no other WR's left. And people think McCarthy is a good coach? Yes, I know, I know, I know, p!ease explain to me how he does not know the playbook and can't run routes but before you do read the stat line again. The guy should have been on the field more this year. Period.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
7 catches, 145 yards, 2 TD's and the only reason he got to play is because we had no other WR's left. And people think McCarthy is a good coach? Yes, I know, I know, I know, p!ease explain to me how he does not know the playbook and can't run routes but before you do read the stat line again. The guy should have been on the field more this year. Period.

I don't know for sure, But I think him not being on the field had more to do with Rodgers than MM. I look forward to Janis next year though, he for sure has to have earned Rodgers trust after this performance.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He reinforced our beliefs. That he belongs out there. He was as clutch as one could be tonight.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He reinforced our beliefs. That he belongs out there. He was as clutch as one could be tonight.
You know what is funny? I agree with everyone that he needs to learn the playbook better and run route's better but there is no reason why a guy that showed the raw physical skills we saw tonight should be warming the bench all year when Adams stunk it up all year. Basically Janis out performed Adams entire year in one game

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what is funny? I agree with everyone that he needs to learn the playbook better and run route's better but there is no reason why a guy that showed the raw physical skills we saw tonight should be warming the bench all year when Adams stunk it up all year. Basically Janis out performed Adams entire year in one game
It's not even close. He scored as much as Adams did all year plus playoffs. And in huge moments. But McCarthy is apparently a genius and knows more than we do, so he puts a slow guy out there with worse hands.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy is a good coach. Its a earning the stripes thing. Janis shot himself in the foot a few times to slow his progress.
All that said. Yea I agree. He is still behind jordy , Cobb, mont$ter, Adams... But solid #5.
Abby has proven me wrong I admit. He is a solid young wr. Worthy of #5wr conversation.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Him and 12 need to spend some time together in the offseason. Does Janis just head off into the field to hunt whatever its legal to hunt at the time after practice? If they were on the same page he would be really good. The natural talent is there. We saw that tonight. The timing is not. We saw that too.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are reasons Janis- and Abby- couldn't get on the field most of the year at a position that was screaming for help. You saw a good example of it in Janis blown route in the end zone.
Great game, but one game does not a career make.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are reasons Janis- and Abby- couldn't get on the field most of the year at a position that was screaming for help. You saw a good example of it in Janis blown route in the end zone.
It wasn't a blown route as much as them having no chemistry. He may go the ways of that Seattle WR who came out of nowhere in the last SB, but I hope they give him a lot more playing time next year. He came up in a lot of big situations, including high-pointing that ball and bringing it down over one of the best CBs in league.

Sky King

Reaction score
That's true. But when given a genuine chance to play he's done well and then some. I applaud Janis for rising to the occasion yesterday when the need to perform and the pressure to deliver was at its highest for any game played this season. He did not wilt the way some players have done consistently for much of the season and with far less on the line when they experienced repeated "clutch failure." Janis proved he has upside.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cardinals made the receiving corps extremely crowded for next year. James Jones isn't coming back so that leaves Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Montgomery, Abberdaris, and Janis. I've been down on Mike McCarthy's genius the last year, but hopefully he spends the offseason finding ways to use all 6 guys to the best of their ability.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The Cardinals made the receiving corps extremely crowded for next year. James Jones isn't coming back so that leaves Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Montgomery, Abberdaris, and Janis. I've been down on Mike McCarthy's genius the last year, but hopefully he spends the offseason finding ways to use all 6 guys to the best of their ability.
Good enough to pull out the Fab-5 plays from 2011? Even without a TE?

Sky King

Reaction score
I wonder if Janis could line up at TE? Watching Richard Rodgers run is painful.

I'd like to see Montgomery and Cobb be used in some jet sweeps and bubble screens next year.
Watching R. Rodgers plodding downfield at glacier speed is awful. This team needs an infusion of speedier TEs. About the only thing Rodgers could split is his pants.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes, and one botched play in the end zone does not mean he should ride the bench. Janis is obviously a gamer.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if Janis could line up at TE? Watching Richard Rodgers run is painful.

I'd like to see Montgomery and Cobb be used in some jet sweeps and bubble screens next year.
There have to be some creative schemes and formations somebody out there could draw up with these players. I don't want to see Jones and Adams running into their CBs and stopping next year. Look at how much more well-designed and unpredictable NE's plays are.

bytheriver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes it comes down to personalities....maybe Janis said or did something that MM or AR didn't like, or maybe AR is worried Janis can possibly outshine Jordy .... Idk but it's ignorance....if a player (idc what position, in any sport) is not getting reps, they can't possibly improve

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, and one botched play in the end zone does not mean he should ride the bench. Janis is obviously a gamer.

And one good game- in 2 years- doesn't mean he should have been playing all along, or that there weren't good reasons for him riding the pine.
Let's see if he can build on this next season.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There have to be some creative schemes and formations somebody out there could draw up with these players. I don't want to see Jones and Adams running into their CBs and stopping next year. Look at how much more well-designed and unpredictable NE's plays are.

What the Patriots do with their limited personnel is nothing short of masterful. They know how to get the most out of their players.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the Patriots do with their limited personnel is nothing short of masterful. They know how to get the most out of their players.
Definitely and infinitely better coaching than the Packers, expecially at head coach. If we had BB, Rodgers would have more than one SB.

Staff online

Members online