Janis??

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I believe Janis is primed to be our second best wide receiver next year if not our third best wide reciever

If this happens, it doesn't say much for #3 (Cobb) #4 (Adams/Montgomery/Abby/Jones). Unless, you are expecting Janis to really step up his game between now and next year. But if you are telling me that if all of our current wide receivers were healthy today and we had a game next weekend and Janis was our #2 or even #3.....I want what you are smoking.

Cheez31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ladarius Green probably costs 6 million a year. James Jones # 4 WR. Montgomery KR.
Michael Thomas is from Los Angeles, West Coast. Thomas instead of Jones is unlikely.

Packers_16-0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this happens, it doesn't say much for #3 (Cobb) #4 (Adams/Montgomery/Abby/Jones). Unless, you are expecting Janis to really step up his game between now and next year. But if you are telling me that if all of our current wide receivers were healthy today and we had a game next weekend and Janis was our #2 or even #3.....I want what you are smoking.
Look all you need to know is this if Janis improves his route running next year and learns the playbook he will definitely be one of our top two wideouts

Cheez31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Janis is a kick returner/gunner. He is 5 on the depth chart. Jones # 4. Adams # 3. Abrederis slot off the bench. Cut Montgomery. Draft Thomas for insurance. Three 6-3 WR's. Every receiver is injuried besides Janis (1 big game because of no film on him)

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Look all you need to know is this if Janis improves his route running next year and learns the playbook he will definitely be one of our top two wideouts

3 key words to your statement: "if Janis improves". Words you didn't use when you first said "Janis is primed to be our second best wide receiver next year if not our third best wide reciever." There is a big difference between those two statements. Don't get me wrong, I would love this to happen for Janis in his 3rd year with the Packers. But you could say this about a lot of players that have been on the Packers team through history, "if they improve, they will be great." Bottom line, physical talents aren't the only requirement to be a great player, nor is one game.

Last edited:

Cheez31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams, Montgomery,Abbrederis might be another IR player. Green & Thomas set the team up for the next 6 years.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Cut Montgomery.
Brilliant. We've seen enough of him: He played in 6 NFL games and I don't believe any player has improved beyond that point in their careers. And he's only 6', so he must suck.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Janis is primed to be our second best wide receiver next year if not our third best wide reciever

Are we both watching the same receivers?

Jordy by default #1.... Then you have Montgomery, Adams, Cobb, Abby, and possibly JJ.

I don't think I can make a case that he is overall better than well.... Any of those. If you don't look with one game goggles on.

I can't say the guy didn't have a good game. Very impressive. But damn #2 receiver? I swear sometimes I must be watching a different game or sport or something.

I think from the pre-season looks like Hundley put up, 7:1 TD-to-INT ratio and 129.6 passer rating. Think he's poised to take Rodgers job next year too. We should just cut Rodgers and save the money.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Janis is a kick returner/gunner. He is 5 on the depth chart. Jones # 4. Adams # 3. Abrederis slot off the bench. Cut Montgomery. Draft Thomas for insurance. Three 6-3 WR's. Every receiver is injuried besides Janis (1 big game because of no film on him)
lol

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are we both watching the same receivers?

Jordy by default #1.... Then you have Montgomery, Adams, Cobb, Abby, and possibly JJ.

I don't think I can make a case that he is overall better than well.... Any of those. If you don't look with one game goggles on.

I can't say the guy didn't have a good game. Very impressive. But damn #2 receiver? I swear sometimes I must be watching a different game or sport or something.

I think from the pre-season looks like Hundley put up, 7:1 TD-to-INT ratio and 129.6 passer rating. Think he's poised to take Rodgers job next year too. We should just cut Rodgers and save the money.
Yeah, that's obviously an overreaction. But the idea that he was a mindless zombie with no route running skills or hands was also an overreaction that we were led to believe was true based on his lack of PT.

I can see things that led to him not getting on the field, but I have also seen many things from Adams that should have gotten him benched. Maybe this performance will boost his confidence and make him the hardest working guy on the team next season. Hopefully so, because the sky is the limit with his talent.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
the sky is the limit with his talent.

Describe this talent that you speak of with Janis, which provides him with only the sky being the limit. Don't describe the talent that a WR has to possess, but those talents that Janis possess to make this statement.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Define this talent that you speak of with Janis, which provides him with only the sky being the limit. Don't define the talent that a WR has to possess, but those talents that Janis possess to make this statement.

It was probably another slight over-reaction... If I am understanding his point clearly.

Sky is the limit is what I think of when someone talks about ODB. If you tell me Janis could be a role player, and deep threat I could see that.

IMO he doesn't have the skills that make the greats great. I don't even believe he has the talent to be a #1 receiver. Most guys don't. It's not a knock on him as a person. Just my thoughts on him.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score

:poop:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Define this talent that you speak of with Janis, which provides him with only the sky being the limit. Don't define the talent that a WR has to possess, but those talents that Janis possess to make this statement.
The guy ran a 4.30 flat in one if his takes at the combine. At 6'3" and 220 lbs. 37 inch vertical, and had like 25 reps on the bench at the combine. 99th percentile in regards to his catch radius. His physical attributes are off the charts.

Did Jordy look like a #1 in his second year? Not even close.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy ran a 4.30 flat in one if his takes at the combine. At 6'3" and 220 lbs. 37 inch vertical, and had like 25 reps on the bench at the combine. 99th percentile in regards to his catch radius. His physical attributes are off the charts.

99th percentile for catch radius? Where is this listed?

Also he ran 4.42 in the combine... I don't see the 4.30 flat.

and did 20 reps in the bench press.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
99th percentile for catch radius? Where is this listed?

Also he ran 4.42 in the combine... I don't see the 4.30 flat.

and did 20 reps in the bench press.
I was taking a stab at the bench. That's still very strong for a WR. Look it up on Youtube, they have a video of him running 4.30. Only the slowest 40 time is listed for players.

He was listed 98th percentile for size/speed with the 4.42 time, and 99th in catch radius.

http://www.playerprofiler.com/article/jeff-janis-davante-adams/

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

check, check and check on some of the physical attributes required to be a good NFL WR. But those are attributes held by a certain percentage of the general population of the world and by many who have never made the jump to the NFL or lasted long in the NFL. So to me, just having those attributes doesn't automatically elevate Janis to the podium some would now like to place him on. He had those attributes at the beginning of the season, when he was buried deep on the depth chart.

How is his classroom work? His knowledge of the playbook? His route running? His ability to shed himself of a defender? His hands for catching the ball consistently? His practice dedication?

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
check, check and check on some of the physical attributes required to be a good NFL WR. But those are attributes held by a certain percentage of the general population of the world and by many who have never made the jump to the NFL or lasted long in the NFL. So to me, just having those attributes doesn't automatically elevate Janis to the podium some would now like to place him on. He had those attributes at the beginning of the season, when he was buried deep on the depth chart.

How is his classroom work? His knowledge of the playbook? His route running? His ability to shed himself of a defender? His hands for catching the ball consistently? His practice dedication?

Also is he trying to hit on Olivia Munn? All valid questions :roflmao:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Apparently you could have used some more classroom work. I made it clear he needs more work and he's far from that level. We have seen that he is a hard worker, as shown on his special team efforts. Maybe this performance will be a spark for him.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I get why people want to be excited about Janis. The guy has been dissed pretty much all year and then he is forced (last WR available) into playing when Cobb goes down. He has 101 yards on 2 great catches, but equally great throws. During those 2 catches he didn't do anything special to get open, he just happened to be 1 of 3 WR's on the field that Rodgers launched the ball to.

Not trying to take anything away from Janis, I'm a Packer fan after all. But to all of a sudden say MM was a fool not to play him and Janis is the next Jordy is a big reach, IMO.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Apparently you could have used some more classroom work. I made it clear he needs more work and he's far from that level. We have seen that he is a hard worker, as shown on his special team efforts. Maybe this performance will be a spark for him.

Take my response however you want it, but I was responding to the thread and some of the opinions surrounding Janis. Sorry you took it personally. Next time I won't quote you.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get why people want to be excited about Janis. The guy has been dissed pretty much all year and then he is forced into playing when Cobb goes down. He has 101 yards on 2 great catches, but equally great throws. During those 2 catches he didn't do anything special to get open, he just happened to be 1 of 3 WR's on the field that Rodgers launched the ball to.

Not trying to take anything away from Janis, I'm a Packer fan after all. But to all of a sudden say MM was a fool not to play him and Janis is the next Jordy is a big reach, IMO.
Nobody wanted him out there for his route running skills, but because his size and speed give him opportunities others wouldn't have, and could have made the defense hesitant to play man which was killing us.

I was joking around with the classroom comment. It came across harsher than I wanted, my apologies.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Janis may have speed and the ability to go up and get a ball, but that is kind of a one trick pony thing that is easy enough to defense over the course of a game/season. Until he gets more route sure and can shed defenders (not saying Jones/Adams/Cobb were good at that this year) I just don't see him as a starter yet. Maybe in time and honing of his skills, but its pretty obvious where some pretty capable coaches felt Janis's talents put him on the depth chart.

Last edited:

Sky King

Reaction score
Janis may have speed and the ability to go up and get a ball, but that is kind of a one trick pony thing that is easy enough to defense over the course of a game/season. Until he gets more route sure and can shed defenders (not saying Jones/Adams/Cobb were good at that) I just don't see him as a starter yet. Maybe in time and honing of his skills, but its pretty obvious where some pretty capable coaches felt Janis's talents put him on the depth chart.
You raise a very controversial point. Maybe the coaches aren't as capable as we thought. It's obvious that something had to be the reason for the drop-off in offensive production this season. Maybe it was coaching. One thing for certain is that it wasn't Janis who was responsible for that downturn. He hardly got to play.

Members online

Latest posts