Janis is Gone

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, you won't have Jeff Janis to kick around anymore.
The Man , the Myth, the Legend is taking his talents to Cleveland.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the plus side I'd guess this shows Janis was Wolf's guy so now I'm happy we choose Gute

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cleveland is definitely on the rise. It is kind of hard not to be however, considering there was only 1 direction to go from where they were at.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cleveland is definitely on the rise. It is kind of hard not to be however, considering there was only 1 direction to go from where they were at.
cle is on the brink. they shouldn't *****foot with their draft...just kick ***. it will be interesting where they end up in the preseason power rankings after the draft.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cle is on the brink. they shouldn't *****foot with their draft...just kick ***. it will be interesting where they end up in the preseason power rankings after the draft.

Certainly an interesting team no doubt. Lost Joe Thomas but then signed Hubbard and Stephenson for tackles and will move Coleman to LT. Rest of the line was already set with Zeitler, Bitonio, and Tretter. Obviously upgraded the WR position with Landry and seem to still be looking to upgrade from Coleman across from Gordon. Njoku coming into his second season where TE's generally start to get a real feel for the game. And already signing Hyde while possibly drafting Barkley to pair. Plus Duke Johnson is still there as well for a Rec Back. If Tyrod can be anything next season for a stop gap that offense will be electric.

Defensively if they went Chubb over Barkley that could be real interesting too. Suddenly you have Garrett and Chubb. Schobert manning the middle. Your safeties are set in Peppers and Randall. Some decent signing in Gaines and Carrie for corners. They will likely go corner in round 2 of the draft.

Fun team, you have to believe Dorsey, Wolf, and Highsmith are having the time of their lives right now building this mold with in a sandbox environment.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cleveland is setting themselves up nicely. Not that Janis is a huge upgrade, he probably just figured he'd have a new QB and coach to try and get reps with. He wasn't going to get that in GB, he was a special teamer and that's all he was going to be. But the Brown's are sitting pretty right now with guys on the roster and the potential they have in the draft.

Reaction score
Somewhere Pokerbrat is having a celebratory drink. :D
Shucks! I had fun with him.
Never have I been able to pull out better looking situational stats as Janis. He’s basically a folklore hero right there between John Henry and Paul Bunyan :cool:

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Cleveland can't be a legit contender soon with the insane amount of draft capital they've had and a gazillion dollars in cap space, the team should be disbanded.

Ps bye Felici-... errrrr, Janis.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Once his numbers are released, the Giants will know where to start with OBJ.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Somewhere Pokerbrat is having a celebratory drink. :D

LOL....I was on the road today and tuned out to the Sports world. When I did turn my radio on and heard the news that the Browns just signed a future Pro Bowler, I was thinking they got OBJ!! I about lost control of my truck when the commentator chuckled and said "I mean they signed Jeff Janis".

Well my work on the forums is done now. This is where I ride off into the sunset. Without JJ around, I am going to be speechless.

It's been fun all!

Wait....How about that Herb Waters guy!

:coffee:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should come away with a franchise QB, the best RB in the NFL and 2 good starters for this draft. And their roster on defense already has a few very talented pieces. Worst to first is very possible.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL....I was on the road today and tuned out to the Sports world. When I did turn my radio on and heard the news that the Browns just signed a future Pro Bowler, I was thinking they got OBJ!! I about lost control of my truck when the commentator chuckled and said "I mean they signed Jeff Janis".

Well my work on the forums is done now. This is where I ride off into the sunset. Without JJ around, I am going to be speechless.

It's been fun all!

His name is Soup. And I've already claimed his bandwagon since dude was a SR in HS.

/I'm not kidding either. I love Herb.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should come away with a franchise QB, the best RB in the NFL and 2 good starters for this draft. And their roster on defense already has a few very talented pieces. Worst to first is very possible.

They owe so much to Sashi. So much.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we have a good replacement on kick coverage. Our coverage has been good since he arrived. A lot of people point to the fact that he didn't have nearly as many ST tackles last year. I'll point to the fact that it's largely because returners have been running to the other side of the field to avoid him. Oh well.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

It's been fun all!

Come Back!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I hope we have a good replacement on kick coverage. Our coverage has been good since he arrived. A lot of people point to the fact that he didn't have nearly as many ST tackles last year. I'll point to the fact that it's largely because returners have been running to the other side of the field to avoid him. Oh well.

If you are talking about his work as a gunner on punt returns, a majority of the reason he didn't have as many tackles this past season was because of punter, Justin Vogel, not what you said; "returners have been running to the other side of the field to avoid him." Vogel had much better hang time, opponents returned a lower percentage of punts as well as only averaged 5.66 yds/return vs. 9.44 when Schum was punting. With better hang time, more Packer players were down there to make tackles. Janis had a total of 4 tackles, he also whiffed on a few tackles, as well as on 2 chances to recover muffed punts. Marwin Evans ended up leading the team with 8 tackles on special teams.

Hey for a 7th round pick, Janis gave the Packers some good work on special teams. But I think they decided it wasn't special enough to bring him back for a second contract.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Come Back!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This guy is the reason that medical professionals generally acknowledge that it's not a good idea to drink tons of coffee to wash down sugar laden doughnuts and a handful of No-Doze tablets. Nothing good will come of it I tell ya.... :cautious: Funny video. There may be truth to it though. You have football guys running the operation now and a 2-year rebuild process is well under way -- EXCEPT for the QB issue. Then, once they start winning they can deal with the cap issues that will most certainly follow.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts