James Jones

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He hasnt found the endzone yet in 2 weeks but he does have the longest catch so far in 2 weeks of 46 yards. Alot of people questioned us taking him in round 3 and said it was a reach, I questioned the move as well because basically I just had no idea who he was. I really like this kid and he seems to catch everything that has been thrown to him, throughout preason and the first 2 weeks I dont think he has dropped 1 pass. I really like him and think he could become something! Once SUPERMAN aka Greg Jennings gets back he will move to the 3rd WR and with the way he has been playing againist the 2nd CB he will be able to really take over and make some big plays. People say he was slow just like Jennings but #89 burned Corey Webster today and Favre laid a perfect pass to gain the longest play for the Pack this season of 46 yards. Also when Greg Jennings gets back that means Ruvell Martin will be our 4th WR and I really like him as will and his 6' 4" frame. Not only that but in Oct we should be getting Koren Robinson back if he is reinstated and that will only add more to this group. Our group of WR's and TE'S were really questioned and saying that Favre wasnt giving any weapons but I feel like this group is very good and could be something very specail for a long time giving there age.

WR's
Donald Driver 14 rec, 139 yards, 1 TD
James Jones 8 rec, 104 yards
Ruvell Martin 2 rec, 14 yards

TE''s
Donald Lee 8 rec, 62 yards, 1 TD
Bubba Franks 6 rec, 37 yards, 1 TD

RB's and FB's
Brandon Jackson 8 rec, 59 yards
DeShawn Wynn 3 rec, 36 yards
Korey Hall 2 rec, 20 yards
Ryan Grant 1 rec, 21 yards

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems to be one of the best receivers taken in this draft (besides Calvin Johnson).

I thought Jones might play well enough to take Jennings spot permanently. He hasn't been awesome, but he has been good so far. I'm really impressed with the TE play in the first two games.

Let's hope he continues to produce when Jennings returns.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am glad he has stepped up in place of Jennings. Last year, the passing game was very one-dimensional with Driver. Once Gregorious gets back, they will have a good receiving corps.

Also, don't forget about Bubba. He is a familiar target for Brett and has given life to the TE position.

EDIT: I guess Lee has more catches and yards than Bubba. I didn't realize he was as productive as that.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am glad he has stepped up in place of Jennings. Last year, the passing game was very one-dimensional with Driver. Once Gregorious gets back, they will have a good receiving corps.

Also, don't forget about Bubba. He is a familiar target for Brett and has given life to the TE position.

EDIT: I guess Lee has more catches and yards than Bubba. I didn't realize he was as productive as that.

TE's definitely stepped up.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank GOD the TE's are stepping up. It was getting ridiculous and I was getting seriously sick of that position.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if I've ever seen a Packer receiver with such soft hands. And today he proved that you don't need to be a speedster to get open deep. He's got football speed, like Antonio used to have.

Those receiving stats are impressive. I didn't know Driver and Jones had so many catches and so many yards. And 14 catches for the TE's. Wow!

Edit: Oh, I realize now that those stats are for two games, not one. Nevermind!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Might have the best hands on the team. He really goes up and grabs it with his hands.

Pretty good for a rookie so far.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I don't know if I've ever seen a Packer receiver with such soft hands. And today he proved that you don't need to be a speedster to get open deep. He's got football speed, like Antonio use to have.

Those receiving stats are impressive. I didn't know Driver and Jones had so many catches and so many yards. And 14 catches for the TE's. Wow!

Looks and somewhat plays like Sharpe, uses his body position and remarkable focus to snare some of those passes. Hands like glue... imagine if he had a touch more speed.... but the Packers have some very good recievers for the next couple of years. Driver or post-Driver..

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, it would appear that TT's first 2 picks this year aren't showing much but he hit on #3 for sure. With Jennings and hopefully Robinson coming back, the OL needs to give Favre some time and space. If they do, no D secondary will go untorched. Would also like to see Tremon break one soon.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think when Greg Jennings returns we will see a lot more 3 and 4 receivers set, that should open up the running game a little more than those 2 receiver sets.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I don't know if I've ever seen a Packer receiver with such soft hands. And today he proved that you don't need to be a speedster to get open deep. He's got football speed, like Antonio use to have.

Looks and somewhat plays like Sharpe, uses his body position and remarkable focus to snare some of those passes. Hands like glue... imagine if he had a touch more speed.... but the Packers have some very good recievers for the next couple of years. Driver or post-Driver..

I was going to say that. He kind of does remind me of Sharpe. Man, I used to love watching Sharpe. Had Sharpe not been injured, he would have easily made the Hall of Fame (and we'd probably have at least one more SB).

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Someone mentioned Jones taking Jennings spot. I think Jennings has more big play potential than Jones and thats not knocking Jones at all. I like what Jennings brings.

As for who starts, I don't believe that matters much as we seem to use many different 3 and 4 WR sets.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone mentioned Jones taking Jennings spot. I think Jennings has more big play potential than Jones and thats not knocking Jones at all. I like what Jennings brings.

As for who starts, I don't believe that matters much as we seem to use many different 3 and 4 WR sets.

Apples and oranges. Jones is a catch everything guy. Jennings is a guy who you throw a 5 yard slant and there's always the possibility he takes it to the house. We need them both.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think it was me, but I was joking.

Agreed, if we run 3 wide, this team will move down the field. If #2 CB's can't contain Jones, he will light up #3's. And if we have three legit WR's to worry about, hopefully teams will respect that and it will open up more holes for the running game.

Members online

Latest posts