James Jones is a Packer

do the Packers go after Jones?

• Total voters

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
When Jordy went down, Rodgers lost his #1 weapon. What was he left with was one very good player, Randall Cobb and one up and coming player in Adams. The other 3, Janis, Montgomery and White, although they may be good in the coming years are unproven, untested and haven't established real game chemistry with AR. If this was not a team destined and predicted to make a run to the SuperBowl I would be more then happy with these 5 and watching them develop. But this is a Superbowl year, bringing in someone like James Jones or even another vet (not familiar with our system/Rodgers) provides Rodgers with not only one more sure fire dependable weapon, but the confident target of a vet. SIGN Jones....please!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
According to Rob Demovsky: James Jones has arrived in Green Bay. Headed straight to Lambeau Field. When asked if a deal will get done with the Packers, he said: "That's the plan."

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Seeing that JJ is in GB right now, both sides are open to a reunion. Only thing I can see stopping it is a failed physical or they can't meet on a contract.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't realize that JJ had the most receptions of his career last year to go with 666 yds and 6 td's. He has also only missed 8 games in his entire career due to injury. 6 of those were a LONG time ago too.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way. Grant took a new number when he came back. I am going to say 82. He won't take driver or jennings number since he played with them....and abby had 84 and is on the PS. Maybe a low number??

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Jones a lot and I think even if he doesn't play a lot he will be a great tutor for the youngsters. That being said I still think he can be a significant contributor

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I want JJ and Janis. I don't want White. If he was that good he would have been on a roster long before now. He has been on the PS for 2 or 3 years.

I couldn't agree with this more, White is such a mediocre receiver, literally the only reason he even made the team is 1 because obviously they needed someone but 2 because Abby was injured for to long, if Abby plays from game 1 he beats White out for the job with ease.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way. Grant took a new number when he came back. I am going to say 82. He won't take driver or jennings number since he played with them....and abby had 84 and is on the PS. Maybe a low number??

Maybe #19?

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
does anyone think that JJ coming back to GB is partly do to AR requesting him back? or do you think it is purely a decision from management?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Jones is wearing #87 as a tribute to Jordy!! :p

I just hope they get the deal done....I've wanted him back since Jordy went down. Just don't come looking for me if he fumbles a few times this year......have to take the bad with the good and I like having JJ back with the Pack!

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Jones is wearing #87 as a tribute to Jordy!! :p

I just hope they get the deal done....I've wanted him back since Jordy went down. Just don't come looking for me if he fumbles a few times this year......have to take the bad with the good and I like having JJ back with the Pack!

I think the chances of him getting signed are pretty high, at first I didn't even think the Packers would consider it but now with him flying out to GB I think this whole thing may have just became a reality, I don't see him flying out to GB and not accepting a deal.

I don't think he will be that picky with his contract considering he is a year removed from football and just wants to play again.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he will be that picky with his contract considering he is a year removed from football and just wants to play again.

What do you mean? He played for the Raiders last year. I agree he doesn't have much leverage to negotiate though. Something near vet minimum.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

He is only a "year removed from the Packers", which I guess is pretty much in my humble opinion, being out of Football..... :coffee: but he did play for the Raiders last year.

Members online

Latest posts