J. Walker

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, thanks for that...update of nothingness. I look forward to part 2 of the news of nothingtude.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think RP was asking if anyone heard the interview, and wanted a report.
I caught the last half of the interview, wasn't to impressed with what Javon had to say. Nothing really to report, he was on sportscenter later, said pretty mich the same things.

I got the feeling that Javon would be back next year, for Javon, which is his perogative, I kinda got the feeling that he still isn't happy with what Brett said when he was threatening a holdout, and he said that when he decided last year that he deserved a new contract that he looked for the best and decided that Rosenhause was his best option for an agent.

I don't want to put Javon in the same category with Owens, I think he is just trying to look out for number one.

In the long run I hope Javon comes back next year, and has a great year and The Packers reward him for it, but in reality I don't think that will happen.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yeah, thanks for that...update of nothingness. I look forward to part 2 of the news of nothingtude.

Tromdaz,

I only had a few moments between work assignments when I posted this post . I just asked if anyone had heard the Patrick interview with Walker.

I was hoping to log on now, later tonight, and get some feed back.

Your sarcastic and somewhat rude comment is logged and noted.

Geese. Next time I log on I will remember to keep in consideration that I must not ask a simple question, but be a reporter and file my complete story for Tromdaz.

Cut me some slack please. When have I ever been a sarcastic ***** to you?

RP

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't know about DP show, but he was on 1 of those ESPN football shows last night (schlereth, wingo, salisbury)..

-was still fairly blunt that he wasn't happy w/ his contract

-he felt that due to Brett's pull in the organization, Brett slowed JW's contract progress this summer

-said the team would be lost and rebuilding if Brett retired because they haven't prepped anyone

-rehab going well, expects to be running in ~ 1 month

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Don't know about DP show, but he was on 1 of those ESPN football shows last night (schlereth, wingo, salisbury)..

-was still fairly blunt that he wasn't happy w/ his contract

-he felt that due to Brett's pull in the organization, Brett slowed JW's contract progress this summer

-said the team would be lost and rebuilding if Brett retired because they haven't prepped anyone

-rehab going well, expects to be running in ~ 1 month

I was dozing in and out while it was on, but I heard some of the comments about Favre. I heard the comments mentioned above about the Packers not prepping anyone, and he may have mentioned Rodgers name. This can be interpreted as...."I don't want to have to play with ( essentially ) a rookie QB because it would really hurt my numbers right before my current contract expires". Am I wrong to read it that way? I've always liked Walker and would prefer to think that he is thinking about the organization and not himself.
Hammer

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Javons biggest mistake was getting rosenhaus. This agent prides himself in the spectical. I think that if Javon had approached the issue differantly he would have gotten a contract that would have made him happy.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rosenwhore will lose a few of his veteran Clients after the TO incident. The young and dumb clients may have liked his interview in TO's driveway but the rest must of seen his performance. What a Richard that guy is. In regards to Javon I still think he's a good guy and will not bury him in anyway unless he proves otherwise. He's not TO, antics-wise and has nothing but upside.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Ditka was talking on the herd on espn, and he said he wouldn't even have drafted a player with rosenhaus as his agent.. Although Mike Ditka was a bear, he's a great guy :p

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i listened to it and i wasn't real impressed. i heard a lot of "they"s and no "we"s. they did this in the draft. they are a good team. etc etc.

he said he would be back next year and then after that be on to free agency.

on a side note, he said he would seriously be looking at coming back this year if the team were super bowl caliber.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
Mike Ditka was talking on the herd on espn, and he said he wouldn't even have drafted a player with rosenhaus as his agent.. Although Mike Ditka was a bear, he's a great guy :p

Yeah, he's such a great guy that he didn't give Sweetness the ball in the SB and gave it the Perry instead. Walter deserved a SB touchdown for his greatness and Ditka snuffed him...sorry, I think he's a *****.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When ever Walker says on ESPN, The Packers have said and mean it, they will not renogociate anyones contract with two years left on it like Javon Walkers contract had. This has been discussed over and over when Javon Walker was threatening a hold out. What Favre said about it had nothing to do with javon Walker getting a new contract faster from the Packer at the time Favre said it. A new contract wasn't going to happen earlyand did not happen . As far as Ditka saying he would not draft a Player representated by Drew Rosenhaus. he can talk like that because he is no longer a head coach or GM. he is retired and is a media type. A GM must draft the best player available despite who the player agent is. As far Javon saying he would be back this year, if Packers would be in the Super Bowl. I don't think that is his call. it is medical staff on the Green Bay packers call. As far as I have heard he is IR for the season. The Packers have said over and over Javon Walker must fullfill his contract and Packers will reward him with a big payday. I might add if he knee injury is completely rehabilitated and doesn't limited his WR skills.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts