J Charles

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, Murray had 12 touchdowns last season though and is excellent in pass protection.

I am making the mistake of posting about him in a couple threads. Tds vary so much so that doesn't do a ton for me. He had 6 the year before. His two back combined to have a similar amount of carries but almost a full ypc more. There is a reason Oakland moved on. The Packers need a bigger back but should be able to find one in the mid rounds of the draft that is capable of scoring from the 1 yard line

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Murray is completely overrated. He's a big back with some speed, but he lacks vision unless he has a pretty big hole. LeGarrette now is actually an interesting idea. Having Ty start the games and Blount finish them sounds extremely tasty.

I'm not opposed to that. Blount would actually be my next choice after AP. Packers have always sucked on those short yard running plays...mainly because MM wants to call a sweep or some lame stretch play and ends up losing yards in the process...but that's a different story we will have once the season starts I'm sure. On another note, people don't really talk about how the oline under MM has never been a powerful oline in terms of run blocking...they are marginal at best every year. It's clear they are built to pass protect. Having a back who can make his own yards and break the first tackle on a consistent basis would go a long way.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm not opposed to that. Blount would actually be my next choice after AP. Packers have always sucked on those short yard running plays...mainly because MM wants to call a sweep or some lame stretch play and ends up losing yards in the process...but that's a different story we will have once the season starts I'm sure. On another note, people don't really talk about how the oline under MM has never been a powerful oline in terms of run blocking...they are marginal at best every year. It's clear they are built to pass protect. Having a back who can make his own yards and break the first tackle on a consistent basis would go a long way.

Agreed. Originally, I though Murray might be the guy, but after reading Bubba's posts I thought about it more and watched some clips. Murray does seem to need bigger holes to succeed, whereas Blount is more like a Lacy and can create his own. Given that and the Packers O-Line....Blount might be the better fit in GB.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peterson is not going to go just anywhere and be somebody's
Unless they completely change the offense I just dont see AP being a good fit. Not sure with direction there going that there will be enough touches to get AP going.

Gotta know when to not "chase candy"
AP is not going to go just anywhere and be somebody's whipping boy.........................