J Charles

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just saw a tweet saying we were now being looked at as a possible landing spot for Charles.

As with everything it comes to price point but I'd definitely rather have him then a guy like AP

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw that too. The only question mark with him is health. He'd be NICE in this offense.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we even go the veteran route I'd rather have ap but I still think we are just gonna end up drafting someone and resigning michael I think they are gonna be fine

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On a highly incentive laden deal sure. On anything else no. 1 year prove it deal sounds great to me.

I would rather gamble on a guy like Charles then give a multi year deal to a guy like Latavius Murray.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Was the tweet conjecture that the fit made sense, or was it actually reporting interest on the team's part?

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
only interested if he's cheap as dirt
i don't really like any of the FA options remaining tbh
fine with a bargain-bin vet and drafting one on day 2 at this point

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No no and no. I guarantee he has to sit out due to his knees. I'd much rather have AP if you're going to bring in an injury riddled RB. Charles will not command the attention that AP would. Rodgers playaction would go to a new level.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not really crazy about Charles. Too injury prone, not a powerful enough back to be a good complement to Montgomery.

His best weapon has always been his speed which in his 30s surely isn't what it used to be and will only get worse.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not really crazy about Charles. Too injury prone, not a powerful enough back to be a good complement to Montgomery.

His best weapon has always been his speed which in his 30s surely isn't what it used to be and will only get worse.
It seemed he wasn't the player he used to be before the 2nd acl in 3(?) Years in that knee...
I mean, worth a look. But I don't expect Charles to be a difference maker.

I'm not high on Murray neither.
I want AP. I want to see that prize work horse back behind #12... like someone said. Play action like we have never seen.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Actually, this is a very good point. I've had issues with people saying we should draft McCaffrey because we have a similar player in Ty, but speed and quickness were the whole point to Charles. Now in his 30s with ACL issues, probably not much of an upgrade. Still, I'm not going to be super pissed if they did bring him in.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Charles actually fits the offense more then any of these other guys. It's a "boom or bust" type move that could be worth a 1 year deal.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Latavius Murray would be my choice out of the high profile backs remaining in FA, but I think he would come at the highest cost. AP and Charles are 1 year investments and I don't think compliment Montgomery as much as Murray would. LeGarrette Blount would be another complimentary back to Monty and maybe our answer for short yardage situations. All that said, it won't surprise me to see TT stand pat and just pick a RB up in the draft.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Latavius Murray would be my choice out of the high profile backs remaining in FA, but I think he would come at the highest cost. AP and Charles are 1 year investments and I don't think compliment Montgomery as much as Murray would. All that said, it won't surprise me to see TT stand pat and just pick a RB up in the draft.

Right, Murray is gonna come with much different terms. I don't think they should sign any of them when it comes down to it.

I like Monty, Michael and draft Marlon Mack or Jamaal Murray.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
adrIan peterson would be good on a 1 year deal but doubt he'll sign that. even a 2 year deal would be cool if it was at like 4 million. Murray is pretty good too I just think peterson has the chance to have a special season and Murray will just be ordinary

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Unless they completely change the offense I just dont see AP being a good fit. Not sure with direction there going that there will be enough touches to get AP going.

Gotta know when to not "chase candy"

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Latavius Murray would be my choice out of the high profile backs remaining in FA, but I think he would come at the highest cost. AP and Charles are 1 year investments and I don't think compliment Montgomery as much as Murray would. LeGarrette Blount would be another complimentary back to Monty and maybe our answer for short yardage situations. All that said, it won't surprise me to see TT stand pat and just pick a RB up in the draft.

I think Murray is completely overrated. He's a big back with some speed, but he lacks vision unless he has a pretty big hole. LeGarrette now is actually an interesting idea. Having Ty start the games and Blount finish them sounds extremely tasty.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AP is history. If we sign an ex Viking I'd rather bring in Randy Moss (seriously)

D

Deleted member 6794

Charles might be an intriguing option at running back but he has been injured a lot over the past few seasons. The Packers better have a backup plan in place if they decide to sign him.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Don't get the fascination with Murray. He has never been good. 4 ypc the last two seasons behind a very good oline. He is a bruiser but he doesn't get much for yards after contact. He doesn't seem like a step up from most guys you could just plug into a backfield. There is a reason Oakland let him we with no strong effort to resign him

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charles might be an intriguing option at running back but he has been injured a lot over the past few seasons. The Packers better have a backup plan in place if they decide to sign him.

Charles and a draft pick sound good to me

D

Deleted member 6794

Don't get the fascination with Murray. He has never been good. 4 ypc the last two seasons behind a very good oline. He is a bruiser but he doesn't get much for yards after contact. He doesn't seem like a step up from most guys you could just plug into a backfield. There is a reason Oakland let him we with no strong effort to resign him

Once again, Murray had 12 touchdowns last season though and is excellent in pass protection.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts