It's time to acknowledge that the Lions are for real

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
7-2 record, great defense, clutch offense, they look good there is no way around it. I keep hoping they'll slip back into their old ways. If they don't lose at least one of the next two games it's going to really tough to win the division, given their schedule isn't difficult after the Patriots game.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah they are legit. Their pass defense is just as good as ours. I would say our offense is much better though. They have a much better run D.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah they are legit. Their pass defense is just as good as ours. I would say our offense is much better though. They have a much better run D.

They've given up the fewest points in the NFL. I mean, they totally shut us down. That was one of the worst games(if not the worst) that our offense has had since Rodgers arrived.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They've given up the fewest points in the NFL. I mean, they totally shut us down. That was one of the worst games(if not the worst) that our offense has had since Rodgers arrived.
If they can do it again to us then I will agree. I see the lions going 11-5 or 10-6

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions are a tiny ray of light for a crummy and terrible, rundown city that is in such a shambles with very little hope for it.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are also two choke jobs away from 5-4. The Saints should got give up a two score lead late with a deep TD and a terrible pick. No team should lose a 21-0 halftime lead like the Falcons did. I also think if we were the team to play the Saints at home, we'd be on top the division right now.

I do think the Lions are a good team and their defense has been very good. I just do not think they are as good as their 7-2 record.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I wrote this at the end of May: "I fear the Lions' best acquisition this off season is Caldwell. Yes, he has some players to "tame", but if a team reflects the qualities of it's HC, they may go from dirty and undisciplined to classy and disciplined." I'm still hoping the "old Lions" show themselves but it hasn't happened so far.

IMO one of the reasons the Lions beat the Packers is because they could keep 6 men in the box while controlling the running game and getting pressure rushing four. That can't happen again at Lambeau.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
7-2 record, great defense, clutch offense, they look good there is no way around it. I keep hoping they'll slip back into their old ways. If they don't lose at least one of the next two games it's going to really tough to win the division, given their schedule isn't difficult after the Patriots game.
Only now?

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the start of the season I didn't and still don't see any reason why they wont finish 12-4. The Packers can't afford to lose more than one-two games or else the Lions will be the ones hosting a playoff game. I've said it many times both here and on facebook, I see the Lions winning a super bowl in the next ten years. And there is a very real possibility that the Lions could sweep the division, so yea that 22 win streak in Wisconsin may come to an end.

D

Deleted member 6794

I wrote this at the end of May: "I fear the Lions' best acquisition this off season is Caldwell. Yes, he has some players to "tame", but if a team reflects the qualities of it's HC, they may go from dirty and undisciplined to classy and disciplined." I'm still hoping the "old Lions" show themselves but it hasn't happened so far.

IMO one of the reasons the Lions beat the Packers is because they could keep 6 men in the box while controlling the running game and getting pressure rushing four. That can't happen again at Lambeau.

That´s exactly what I was thinking in the offseason. Yeah, they have been lucky in some games but I guarantee they wouldn´t have won any of those games with Schwartz as their head coach. I expect them to at least finish 11-5 and IMO they got a big break when the Cardinals lost Palmer for the season last week.

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
I've recognized for a while now, as have a number of others, but some posters have said that Detroit has been lucky, that they're going to collapse, same old Lions, etc. I don't buy it. They'll be at least 10-6.

Well, they certainly got lucky against New Orleans and Atlanta, but the key thing is that they didn't squander opportunities. They are still slow to get the offense going, but when they need it, they find a way to move the ball and win games. Hopefully with Johnson and a couple TEs back, they can score early and often instead of waiting until the 4th quarter to win games. I'm about 2 come from behind wins away from a coronary.....

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on their defense, yes. However, until they actually win a playoff game, they're still the Lions. I would have no problem whatsoever, if they win the division and we get a wild card. In fact, I'd prefer it. Where did all these division titles from '11, '12, '13 get us? How about ... nowhere fast! Yet when we backed in, look what happened. The Lions can have the division, I'd rather be a lower seed.

D

Deleted member 6794

Based on their defense, yes. However, until they actually win a playoff game, they're still the Lions. I would have no problem whatsoever, if they win the division and we get a wild card. In fact, I'd prefer it. Where did all these division titles from '11, '12, '13 get us? How about ... nowhere fast! Yet when we backed in, look what happened. The Lions can have the division, I'd rather be a lower seed.

I would prefer to get a bye in the first round as we would only have to win two games to get to the Super Bowl. In addition the team looks way better at Lambeau than on the road.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A lot of that was on Rodgers not taking what the Defense gave him.

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we look at all the higher draft picks they have had in comparison to GB it would only stand to reason that they would improve and they have,that front 4 is as good as any in the NFL,yes they have been lucky but some times that goes along with being good,I predict the Lions will be GB's biggest road block to the NFC North title for years to come.This is a good team,don't expect them to fade like years past.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you watch the Lions Fins game?

Did it look to you like Stafford and that offense was ANY different than last season? Cuz...it didn't to me. That offense simply couldn't put that game away but the pathetic dolphins wouldn't close it out and kept giving them the ball back. At some point the Lions defense alone won't be able to do it all. There is little evidence that the Lions offense is ready to take the next step.

All I keep saying is that this is exactly like the Jay Cutler issue. People were saying the EXACT same things about him and the Bears a few years ago.

Like I said, if this was the Packers in that situation ya'll would be saying "Well, we ain't done shi# till we beat the Packers and win the division."

In fact, that's what we hear about the Pack and the niners and seahags "We aint't done shi# till we beat san fran and seattle".

No difference here. In fact, Rodgers and the Pack have proven a he## of a lot more than Stafford and that Lions offense.

Sooooooo...worry away...have at it. This division is the Packers to lose and I'll stick to that.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you watch the Lions Fins game?

Did it look to you like Stafford and that offense was ANY different than last season? Cuz...it didn't to me. That offense simply couldn't put that game away but the pathetic dolphins wouldn't close it out and kept giving them the ball back. At some point the Lions defense alone won't be able to do it all. There is little evidence that the Lions offense is ready to take the next step.

All I keep saying is that this is exactly like the Jay Cutler issue. People were saying the EXACT same things about him and the Bears a few years ago.

Like I said, if this was the Packers in that situation ya'll would be saying "Well, we ain't done shi# till we beat the Packers and win the division."

In fact, that's what we hear about the Pack and the niners and seahags "We aint't done shi# till we beat san fran and seattle".

No difference here. In fact, Rodgers and the Pack have proven a he## of a lot more than Stafford and that Lions offense.

Sooooooo...worry away...have at it. This division is the Packers to lose and I'll stick to that.

Lions have been winning with out their #1 WR (which btw is pro top 3 in the NFL)
#1 Rb
and their TE

Members online

Latest posts