It's a lock! Packers will slaughter the Falcons

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, every single talking head in the Wisconsin sports media has picked the Falcons over the Packers. If you remember right they did the exact same thing for almost every game the Packers played after "Run the table" including all the playoff games. If these numbskulls' past record is any indication, we should win this going away.

In all seriousness, I expect a fairly close game: Packer 34 Falcons 27

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the o line is intact, I like the Packers chances. I think the Packers have at least a 50% chance of winning this game in the road. I think all three phases of the game are better than last year's team.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, every single talking head in the Wisconsin sports media has picked the Falcons over the Packers.
If talking heads had any influence in the game, we may as well give the SB to Pats even before the season starts. Immaterial.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense, defense, defense. If we can hold up against this offensive unit, my expectations for the season are going to skyrocket. Very interested to see how this new look secondary holds up and how much pressure we can get on MR. Offensively, I like our chances but that goes without saying. Obviously we need the line to play well as they're going to be bringing a lot blitzes. I feel having a guy like Marty B could really help if we're without BB. He's a skilled and most importantly, willing blocker, that can help chip guys and serve as a defacto OL on some plays. Our receivers will be able to get the job done if AR12 is given any kind of time. I'm expecting a good game and a win for the good guys!

G P G!!

OP
OP
BrokenArrow

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Particularly, it is the Wisconsin talking heads that are all predicting gloom. Woods, Silverstein, Demovsky...etc. About 6 of those guys made predictions and all 6 of them picked the Falcons. However, if you look at nflpickwatch.com 46% of all predictions pick the Packers at this point. You would think of the local morons at least 2 or 3 would pick the Packers and be in line with the overall average. They all seem to have a bias AGAINST the Packers. Going back to "Run the Table" I bet as a group they have picked against the Packers at least 80% of the time. THey all suck with a capital "S"

D

Deleted member 6794

Particularly, it is the Wisconsin talking heads that are all predicting gloom. Woods, Silverstein, Demovsky...etc. About 6 of those guys made predictions and all 6 of them picked the Falcons. However, if you look at nflpickwatch.com 46% of all predictions pick the Packers at this point. You would think of the local morons at least 2 or 3 would pick the Packers and be in line with the overall average. They all seem to have a bias AGAINST the Packers. Going back to "Run the Table" I bet as a group they have picked against the Packers at least 80% of the time. THey all suck with a capital "S"

Taking a realistic approach at picking Sunday's game at Atlanta it will be tough for the Packers to win there with the Falcons opening a new stadium and having beaten Green Bay twice at home last season. With Bakhtiari, Bulaga and Daniels questionable I don't have an issue with the beat writers predictions.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Taking a realistic approach at picking Sunday's game at Atlanta it will be tough for the Packers to win there with the Falcons opening a new stadium and having beaten Green Bay twice at home last season. With Bakhtiari, Bulaga and Daniels questionable I don't have an issue with the beat writers predictions.

People need to remember there is no "probable" anymore as an injury listing so a minor injury is listed as "questionable" now.

We're going to win this game. I really believe this team will find a way to win it.

GPG!

D

Deleted member 6794

People need to remember there is no "probable" anymore as an injury listing so a minor injury is listed as "questionable" now.

Actually that's not true as players that were listed as probable in the past aren't designated at all now.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
For those that don't know were you got that 46%

http://nflpickwatch.com/

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Perhaps they dont wanna jinx their losing streak of being wrong? They are probably superstitious just like many of us.

Reaction score
If both of our starting tackles are out we are screwed
Well, I appreciate your truthfulness! Sometimes I wonder if there are ever games that players just don't feel like playing, sorta like going to a regular job gets stale sometimes. Particularly after a vacation like the Bye week! :sleep:

Sky King

Reaction score
These first two games of the season have pitted the Packers against what are projected as the best defense and offense in the NFL. They passed week 1 adequately enough, especially considering defenses are generally considered ahead of offenses early in the season. Last week's contest between the Falcons and Bears also may have lent more credence to that old axiom.

Tonight, it's the much maligned Packer defense vs. the Falcons record-setting offense. It's still early enough in the season that the defense may still be somewhat ahead of the offense. Then one also has to consider that this is an important home game for the Falcons and especially their fans. How much that will affect anything on the field of play is questionable - noise, lights in the eyes, unfamiliarity of the turf. But unless the Falcons have also practiced on this field often to get an edge, even if only slight, those factors should affect both teams about equally. After a few series any potential edge regarding those items is probably no longer a factor, anyway.

Perhaps last season's regular season game between these two teams is more relevant when it comes to anticipating tonight's outcome. Unless either team gets hit with strategically key injuries during this game, I would expect the competition to be much closer than it was for last season's playoff game. If both teams are healthy then a home field three point spread in favor of the Falcons is reasonable - maybe even another point or two added to that with the opening the new stadium being a possible outlier. If both Packer OTs can't play (or play well) because of injury/illness, or if they depart the game early then the spread should favor the Falcons by at least a touchdown - more if a third Packer O lineman were to fall in this game.

Here's the big unknown "IF" that could be proven or debunked tonight regardless of whether or not the Packer O line gets bit by injury: Is this defense capable of carrying the team to victory if problems befall the offense? We'll know better by the morning.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will tell you what. I also think GB is going to beat down ATL in epic fashion...
Julio eating turf. Ryan MVP hopes being crushed week 2. Run attack stuffed and put back on the shelf early. They will score a couple times, but will pay for those points with blood, sweat, and many tears....... Cobb will always be open. The way our oline handled Seattle's all pro dline, I suspect ATL pass rush will be humbled. And their lbs embarrassed by Cobb and Monty once the pass has them on their heels. Bennett's run blocking is almost unfair advantage, considering he is such a big receiving threat...Monty breaking a couple long ones this week.

D

Deleted member 6794

they'd never admit it but tonight's game might be one of the those lose the battle to win the war type games. keep all the borderline guys out one more week.

The Packers should definitely have every single player that is healthy enough to contribute active for this game as it might have a significant inpact on home field advantage in the playoffs.

Members online

Latest posts