It's a bit lonely over here! Any Packers fans here in Ireland?

Emerald1066

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely buzzing about the Superbowl and whilst the profile of NFL has grown and is bigger than ever, I'm still going to be on my own watching the game with only my Cheezehead (official) for company!!. By the way, can we get the gametime moved forward - it starts 11pm Dublin time!!. I have to take Monday off - lucky my boss is such a nice guy (me!) Packers by 7!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Welcome!!!

As you will see, we all have been buzzing about the SB whilst kicking the AFC's butt!!

As I said before, you won't be alone in spirit,..this board gets jumping during games! The chat feature is probably the greatest fun!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to The Family, Ireland! Packer fans come from all over the world! Green and gold are Irish colors a little bit! :) Enjoy your game and Go Pack Go!

OP
OP
E

Emerald1066

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank's guys, I feel at home already. Obviously with Irish connections in the States, most of friends, family etc are Pats, Skins, Giants fans etc. I can't begin to tell you how much pleasure I've had on Monday mornings since post-season began. Don't know why, but the sheer joy intensified with my Boston buddies - ye know the kind of patronising things I've had to contend with since September:-
"Yeah, GBay are an okay outfit, but they just don't have Brady, the consistent results etc, etc"

Guess what? Brady ain't going to Dallas - I definitely love this Green-Power thang!!!!!!!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Definitely get into chat during the big game. It's pretty fun.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would give my left nut to live in Ireland and be the only packer fan. So i have an idea... I will give you a bunch of packer fans over here, if you give me your job and place over there. Sound good?

MackemPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation, I watch all the games live - sometimes at ridiculous times, like the SNF and MNF games - by myself. I'm flying over to Dallas from England for the Super Bowl (ticket arrived today) so it's gonna be great to hang out with some fellow cheeseheads.

Go Pack Go!

hansel13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely buzzing about the Superbowl and whilst the profile of NFL has grown and is bigger than ever, I'm still going to be on my own watching the game with only my Cheezehead (official) for company!!. By the way, can we get the gametime moved forward - it starts 11pm Dublin time!!. I have to take Monday off - lucky my boss is such a nice guy (me!) Packers by 7!

I've been to Ireland before, certainly a nice place. It's cool to see Packers fans in different countries. And I definitely feel you about watching the game solo, out here in Oregon packers fans are sparse.

OP
OP
E

Emerald1066

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to see there are some other Packer fans here in Ireland and UK - there may be a regular season NFL game here in Croke Park in November. How fantastic would it be if the Packers were to travel here or even to Wembley??? Oh well back to today. No injury reports so far - haven't heard any update on Driver yet?
Good luck to us all! Go Packers!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Good to see there are some other Packer fans here in Ireland and UK - there may be a regular season NFL game here in Croke Park in November. How fantastic would it be if the Packers were to travel here or even to Wembley??? Oh well back to today. No injury reports so far - haven't heard any update on Driver yet?
Good luck to us all! Go Packers!

Driver was just told to rest so he could heal, I am pretty sure he is going to be playing.

Sadly though I don't see teh Packers overseas much. The NFL likes throwing bad teams across the pond hoping to get a bigger fanbase. Would love to see the Packers go to Ireland though in the land of Green and Gold but only if it counts as an away game.

Also Steelers sadly would have a higher chance of going there, as Rooney is the US Ambassador for Ireland. But don't worry we won't hate Ireland for that fact.