It time to complain, where have the debates gone?

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't great that we are going into the playoffs without any big stories or controversies on the team. Most threads are positive and theres little debate. I am talking about complaining, being a tough and critical fan. The biggest complaint on this forum is Mathews not getting enough recognition.

We are a healthy team, only the loss of Al Harris can be brought up for debate, but every team by this time of the season has at least one Al Harris or more situations.

My concerns when the Pack was 4-4 was the O-line. I did not think both Clifton and Tauscher would be healthy entering the playoffs. Now both are in the best health and shape they have been all season with Lang as an able backup if something were to occur.

Special team play has stabilized and penalties the last few game have also gone down.

TT is getting recognition by outsiders and its hard to jump on MM going 7-1 to finish the season.

We have a top 10 offense and defensive units playing well. A solid QB that has consistently put up good numbers without turnovers and maybe the defensive player of the year in Woodson.

Quin Johnson is starting to contribute, 3 full back debate is losing its firer.

What a draft, Quinn Johnson, Clay Mathews, Raji, Lang, and Brad Jones.

Oh the biggest debate in the last off season, the switch to the 3-4 defense, MM is looking like a genius now, did I just use genius and MM in the same thread?

Yes my biggest beef with the Pack was over AJ Hawk and his big contract/performance. Capers and I were on the same thought process up and through the lions first game. Now AJ has made the adjustment to this new defense and is playing well, a major contributor to our top rated defense.

This is going to be a fun playoffs to watch, the Pack has all it needs to make history. Go Pack!!!!!!!!!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's some debate: We all have a hunch Green Bay will produce another blowout. However, look at Mac's history of being out-coached in big games - the huge example of this is the NFCCG against the Giants - where first he chose not to have his team practice outdoors, then we watched a game where Mac could not adjust any aspect of the offense to produce any semblance of consistency. The list isn't huge, but it is significant.

This is my only concern heading into this upcoming playoff game. I might be reaching a little here, but the "big game" logs speak for themselves.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True enough that Giants game wasn't a good showing by Mac, but the Giants were the team on a roll through those playoffs as two other favorites found out. He coached a great playoff game against Seattle the week before and had the team looking good.

It also seems that he's in Wisenhunt's head with the two beatings he's put on the Cardinals this year. I kind of like that, and the fact that he manned up when the team was 4-4 and he got the thing upright and moving again.

OP
OP
D

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's some debate: We all have a hunch Green Bay will produce another blowout. However, look at Mac's history of being out-coached in big games - the huge example of this is the NFCCG against the Giants - where first he chose not to have his team practice outdoors, then we watched a game where Mac could not adjust any aspect of the offense to produce any semblance of consistency. The list isn't huge, but it is significant.

This is my only concern heading into this upcoming playoff game. I might be reaching a little here, but the "big game" logs speak for themselves.

Good news this year the indoor practice verse outdoor is a mute point, unless the Eagles win out and the NFC championship game is held in Green Bay.

I am a big Eagle fan for these playoffs, I want to play the vikings and a NFC championship game in Green Bay would be fantastic.

tfrentz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giant loss in Green Bay was a huge blow for me, I kept getting excited after we killed Seattle thinking we were going to the SuperBowl. As I am now getting that excited feeling again and can't wait for Sunday. I am really hoping we go all the way this year and get the Lombardi Trophy back home were it belongs, where it all started from.

This is why I think we all need to band together and give our team the all the support they need to pull this off. No negative comments about them or hesitation, give nothing but confidence to take them all the way to victory.

We are Invictus

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giant loss in Green Bay was a huge blow for me, I kept getting excited after we killed Seattle thinking we were going to the SuperBowl.

ugh i can relate completly. being from NJ and surronded by Giants fans it was terrible to lose that game. not only that, but in my case everyone who wasnt a Giants fan were saying Patriots Packers in the superbowl...so idk thought it was a done deal! sooo disappointing :(

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good news this year the indoor practice verse outdoor is a mute point, unless the Eagles win out and the NFC championship game is held in Green Bay.

I am a big Eagle fan for these playoffs, I want to play the vikings and a NFC championship game in Green Bay would be fantastic.

Yes, I'm kinda "pulling" for a Vikings-Packers divisional match-up myself (not that I haven't stated it 100 times now), so if there was ever a playoff game (non-NFCCG) that McDrabb can't choke in, hopefully it is this one. Although, with his poor record in NFCCG's, maybe Minny or Green Bay would eventually like a shot at him.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So it was Mike who threw the interception that led to the losing field goal?
Hang on while I go check that....

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Actually, in that game, McCarthy started calling quick plays and moving the pocket, so that Favre could get on a rythm, and also considering their DL.

He also saved a lot of new plays for the game, one being the DD long TD catch.

I don't see his fault in that particular game. I think he went the wrong way in SEA game, but adjusted in time.
-
I don't know what to think of MM. I still don't thrust him entirely, but after going 7-1, with a miracle play and 1 point away from 8-0, I'm not in a position to question the man. I think he has done enough to warrant at least one more season with the Packers, unless we quit the playoffs in a devastating, humiliating manner, which I don't see possible.