It is Jordy Nelson day in Kansas

OP
OP
tstej

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's more he 9 catches 140 yards in the super bowl. Kansas doesn't have a whole lot of home grown talent go over 100 yards receiving in a super bowl win.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If he wouldn't have dropped 4 or 5 balls, he might have had over 200 yards and 3 TDs, and HE would quite possibly have been MVP..

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
If he wouldn't have dropped 4 or 5 balls, he might have had over 200 yards and 3 TDs, and HE would quite possibly have been MVP..

You know I was thinking that during half time who would be MVP, Nelson if he was actually catching the ball, Collins for that Pick 6 or ARod. Only issue with Jordy getting SB MVP would of been why in heck do the Packers get such odd MVPs in hte recent SB.

PackersPete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stopped in Witchita for a week on the way out here to SoCal back in July of 2005. Wasn't impressed. Robbed at knifepoint in a back alley I should've been smart enough not to walk through. Hit up for change by every crackhead, junkie and ***** whenever I left my room. The BTK killer had just been caught. From Iowa to Witchita and from Witchita to Oklahoma on the Greyhound bus, we had to take the Kansas Turnpike. Turdpike is more like it. 8 hours of the flatest land I've ever seen. No interchanges either. :snooze:

I was never happier to get out of a town in my life. I can't say I hated it nor liked it. One week isn't a long time.

OP
OP
tstej

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stopped in Witchita for a week on the way out here to SoCal back in July of 2005. Wasn't impressed. Robbed at knifepoint in a back alley I should've been smart enough not to walk through. Hit up for change by every crackhead, junkie and ***** whenever I left my room. The BTK killer had just been caught. From Iowa to Witchita and from Witchita to Oklahoma on the Greyhound bus, we had to take the Kansas Turnpike. Turdpike is more like it. 8 hours of the flatest land I've ever seen. No interchanges either. :snooze:

I was never happier to get out of a town in my life. I can't say I hated it nor liked it. One week isn't a long time.

There is some pretty bad parts of Wichita. Wichita State is in one of the worst areas. Outside of Wichita crime rate is rather low. Just too many small towns for anything to be like Wichita. It's flat but I enjoy it, then again I live in a really small town, but I understand it's not for everyone.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

Children of the Corn..... eerie.

PackersPete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is some pretty bad parts of Wichita. Wichita State is in one of the worst areas. Outside of Wichita crime rate is rather low. Just too many small towns for anything to be like Wichita. It's flat but I enjoy it, then again I live in a really small town, but I understand it's not for everyone.

Oh yeah. I'm not really knockin' Wichita(I just now realized I spelled it wrong...Sorry). I got to see the "big" city of Kansas though....lol Overall, I'd rate it a C-.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Nelson had caught all those passes, he would have topped Max McGee in bizarre Super Bowl heroes for the Packers. Even then, he still had 140 yards with all the drops. His name would be etched in the Super Bowl record books had he gone over 200 yards.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
You folks shouldn't be surprised, I expected it from Jordy, he'll be our number 2 one day. Tall, rangy kind of guy, he'll have mismatches on alot of CBs. I almost kind of thought the Packers were keeping him and Starks as secrets for the playoffs. Jordy has like 3 inches on Jones and is fast. I think with the return of Finley and Quarless with another year of seasoning it will be impossible to defend our big guys and an occasional long ball to Jennings. Scary good passing attack.
Also, Starks is exceptional catching the ball, I'm certain we'll see more of that from him this year. I just think we have to have another solid OT to keep pressure off ARod to make it all work. One can hope for Clifton to make it through the year, but I don't think anybody expects it.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Y I almost kind of thought the Packers were keeping him and Starks as secrets for the playoffs.

The same thought has crossed my mind. Spring a good runner on the opposition in the playoffs and they never knew what hit them (Eagles).

Starks had some critical 1st down pickups in the SB. He was great for the number of touches he had. What was it, 8-9 touches.

Grant, Starks and (hopefully) B-jack next year. I'll take it.

OP
OP
tstej

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wayne Simien didn't get one when he got a NBA ring so it's not like they give it away. Honestly Jordy is the only athlete that I've seen have one although I'm sure John Riggins has had one as well.

As for Wichita I don't actually live there so I was just more defending the small towns which is where I'm from. You might not have seen much corn but Wheat is what gets grown here mainly.

PackersPete

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wayne Simien didn't get one when he got a NBA ring so it's not like they give it away. Honestly Jordy is the only athlete that I've seen have one although I'm sure John Riggins has had one as well.

As for Wichita I don't actually live there so I was just more defending the small towns which is where I'm from. You might not have seen much corn but Wheat is what gets grown here mainly.

Definetely saw some wheat. I thought was pretty cool since I'm a huge bread eater.

OP
OP
tstej

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mid June is one of the best times to come to Kansas because chances are it's wheat harvest somewhere in Kansas.