Is this the year?

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the current state of affairs in green bay, is this the year we clean house?

Some might say that you cannot make that decision based on an injury as grand as losing a hall of famer, but I disagree.

To me, it may be just the reason: if this team is unable to show any pulse for the last 10 games, it tells me that from gm down to coaching staff, that this team is ready to be overhauled.

Living in Indiana, I watched this happen when Manning went down, and the team went from SB contender to 1st overall pick in a single season.

This was due to a very similar method of building around a single player.

They canned everyone. It hasn't worked out for them, but the point is maybe it's time for a change of the guard.

The TT to Wolf talk has been in play for several seasons now, the D has been outpaced for years, and head coaching has been stale since the Seattle championship game.

The question... Is it time?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it is time, it was planned a long time ago. This isn't going to be the precipitating factor. and this season isn't even finished yet.

OP
OP
sjb12681

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not saying it is. I'm actually very hopeful that this forces our coaches to change how we play. We have been in a style rut for a very long time, and become predictable. Stale.

I'm hoping we get creative and aggressive to show that the COACHING and role players are capable of helping offset some of this.

What I expect is to see what we always see... The same old square peg, round hole.

Let's just look at one aspect of the stubbornness of this coaching: offensive line.

No matter the skill set or time at position, we continue to see/hear about how MM refuses to lend help to his players on the line. He leaves them on islands, and AR runs for his life. He let's his QB get demolished most of the game, knowing his tackles are out manned, yet refuses to give them help.

That's what should cost jobs if this doesn't change now.

What's sad is I believe it won't change. We will see hundley forced to do his best AR impression. Until he is also on that cart.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I would really LOVE to see a VERY aggressive approach...

****, we have all these WRs... no running game

Hundley has shown arm talent(at least I think so)... just let it rip

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
With the current state of affairs in green bay, is this the year we clean house?
So you want to know
... Is it time?
and give the best answer
Living in Indiana, I watched this happen when Manning went down, and the team went from SB contender to 1st overall pick in a single season...They canned everyone. It hasn't worked out for them.
all in the same post.

I am not concerned at all until I've seen Hundley play for a month. It is too early to believe:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My gut says the injury excuse saves everybody's job.
I think before you start cleaning house, you need to try getting a replacement for Capers and seeing how that goes.

Ted's only contracted to be here another 1 1/2 years, so might as well let him finish up. Especially considering he seemed to make a real effort at expanding his methods this past offseason. Unless who have a guy like Wolf in mind to replace him, and that guy just can't wait, so you cut a deal with Ted to leave early.

OP
OP
sjb12681

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They already had to create a "promotion" to keep wolf once.

And to me, AR has saved everyone's jobs historically. With him gone, I think all phases of coaching, scouting, and Management should be exposed.

Let's see how good they are, and if not, lets replace them.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like you, I am also hungry for a change to make things better than they have been.
I also share in the frustrations of not getting to the SB again with the same old staff.
They seem to be somehow set in their ways and keep on thinking that this year is going to be better than last year and then rinse and repeat season after season.
It's a tough spot to be in as a Packers fan because we either have to put up with these guys always letting us down or else with a new staff that would probably let us down for the first few years as they adjust and grow.

As for current changes to the staff, I really have no idea who should stay or go or be replaced and with whom.

In any case, I would never trade my comfortable life as a casual fan for a staff position in the Packers office for any amount of money.
I think we have it much easier compared to them.
I will leave it up to them and trust they know what is best even though I don't always agree with them.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No because past failures dictate that this organization sticks with things that clearly don't work for years.

But also if they put up a respectable record and maybe show some signs of knowing fundamentals of football, then maybe they should stay on.

But if they fail miserably they have a built in excuse as to why.

D

Deleted member 6794

Some might say that you cannot make that decision based on an injury as grand as losing a hall of famer, but I disagree.

To me, it may be just the reason: if this team is unable to show any pulse for the last 10 games, it tells me that from gm down to coaching staff, that this team is ready to be overhauled.

Living in Indiana, I watched this happen when Manning went down, and the team went from SB contender to 1st overall pick in a single season.

This was due to a very similar method of building around a single player.

They canned everyone. It hasn't worked out for them, but the point is maybe it's time for a change of the guard.

The TT to Wolf talk has been in play for several seasons now, the D has been outpaced for years, and head coaching has been stale since the Seattle championship game.

The question... Is it time?

The Packers will find out about the overall talent level of the entire roster pretty fast. While expectations have definitely changed with Rodgers being lost for the season there should definitely be changes in the front office and on the defensive coaching staff if the team isn't competitive the rest of the way.

It's way too early to discuss about it though as there might even be a chance the Packers make the playoffs with a 9-7 record. In my opinion they have a chance of beating the Bears, Browns, Ravens and Buccaneers while surprising another team the rest of the way.

Staff online

Latest posts