Is this team built for bad weather?

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Nooooo

The Pack are soft!!!! Soft I tell you. They are a dome team who plays out doors by accident. They will fold against the 1985 Bears 2011 49ers.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its a myth that this team cant win in the cold. Blame ESPN, they like to point it out all the time.

Great passers can play in any conditions. Look at Brady. If anything our defense would be better in the cold. No worries. Bring it.

I expect Rodgers to ask the media after they clinch the SB in a cold weather game if they think he would have been a little better in a dome.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its a myth that this team cant win in the cold. Blame ESPN, they like to point it out all the time.

Great passers can play in any conditions. Look at Brady. If anything our defense would be better in the cold. No worries. Bring it.

I expect Rodgers to ask the media after they clinch the SB in a cold weather game if they think he would have been a little better in a dome.

Good thing is, we will be able to see if this team is made for the cold.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I might be wrong but this team has played in the cold before.

I am not sure I understand the panic. The Packers are not the Colts or Saints.

D

Dan115

unday, the Packers will reach double-digit wins, considered to be a significant mile marker in the season by Head Coach Mike McCarthy. With 10 wins, the postseason enters the picture.​
Sunday’s game is also somewhat of a mile marker in that it introduces late-season weather. Temperatures are forecast to be in the 30s on Sunday, by far the coldest weather in which the Bucs will have played this season, and with the colder temperatures could come a slightly more conservative brand of football, even for the pass-minded Packers.​
“Conventional wisdom is that when the elements get challenging, it’s better to have balance. Any time you have balance, it helps,” Offensive Coordinator Joe Philbin said. “Wind can be a great equalizer.”​
Will the Packers lean a little harder on their running game and running backsJames Starks
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
and Ryan Grant
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
, neither of whom has hit the 100-yard mark so far in this season?​
“We’ve been scoring a lot of points. We’ll see. We are what we are. We know what we are. We think we have balance. We never said we want to be 50-50,” Philbin said.​
On the other side of the ball, Defensive Coordinator Dom Capers is keeping an eye on the weather forecast, because he knows that weather dictates style of play late in the season.​
“It has to do that to a certain degree. If we had to play out there today with the way the wind is, we’d have to have alternative plans,” Capers said following practice on Friday. “You never know what you’re going to run into.​

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good thing is, we will be able to see if this team is made for the cold.

Uh...a team isn't "made" for cold. A team can play in any conditions. It won't matter since the Packers played in cold/warm weather last year and still won.

19-0.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Team Frozen Tundra complaining about the cold? That's like the Devil complaining that it's too hot in hell. The teams that should be worried are visiting teams that play in controlled environments/ domes. Anybody who has played here for a year should know what to expect. They adapt. If they want to continue to play on the team, they will not let something like weather get in their way. If they can't handle it, go play for the Cowboys or Falcons or any southern team.

D

Dan115

Team Frozen Tundra complaining about the cold? That's like the Devil complaining that it's too hot in hell. The teams that should be worried are visiting teams that play in controlled environments/ domes. Anybody who has played here for a year should know what to expect. They adapt. If they want to continue to play on the team, they will not let something like weather get in their way. If they can't handle it, go play for the Cowboys or Falcons or any southern team.

Packer Offensive Coordinator Joe Philbin said. “Wind can be a great equalizer.”

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
It's funny, I was just having this debate with a Cowboys fan today. "You guys are a passing team" wait till the weather turns bad. I said I can't wait, because other teams are going to go one dimensional. Not us. We are the real deal.

My belief is that you don't hear any worry about weather from the coaches because of ARoge. He has big hands and an Incredibly strong arm to cut through the wind. You may not see any long bombs down field but unless there are blizzard conditions I don't see why he isn't accurate for at least 20 yards.

Remember at the end of the 1st Vikes game we burned down the clock stuffing the run down their throats. They were loading the box and we still dominated. Runners generally get better the more carries they get. With our past first offense we don't ask our runners to burn it up. But I firmly believe that with Grant and Starks have the ability to carry us in a really bad weather situation.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts