Is Rodgers All In?

Reaction score
I'd imagine the vacation and the day off every week for Brady is a compromise he made with his wife. Without the Bucs agreeing to it, he was out the door. They had a business decision to make, and made it. He did what he had to do, to save his marriage.

Personally, I'd put family first myself. Brady did the right thing for his family, and as far as the Bucs, that's just a job.
Amen and Amen. That’s me also that’s how I work. If my Employer won’t recognize a Family emergency or a death in the family or a similar family crisis? It’s just probably my signal to move on
If I haven’t garnered enough respect to request an exception after taking my Company to the very top of my industry? (Tom Brady)
I’m probably not the guy for that Company, maybe they can find a better employee with 12 days notice.
Good Luck!

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Captain, or myself has an issue with what Brady did or why. I put family first too, time is too limited not to. But that still doesn't change the fact, one skipped a voluntary week to throw balls to guys who didn't even know the playbook and was admonished. The other skips mandatory work days after the new guys have been brought up to speed and these are the bread and butter practices to get ready for the season, and it's "hey man, it's cool"
personally, I think both of these guys could show up for 2 weeks of practice and will still be near the top of their game for this team for the season.

Reaction score
I don't think the Captain, or myself has an issue with what Brady did or why. I put family first too, time is too limited not to. But that still doesn't change the fact, one skipped a voluntary week to throw balls to guys who didn't even know the playbook and was admonished. The other skips mandatory work days after the new guys have been brought up to speed and these are the bread and butter practices to get ready for the season, and it's "hey man, it's cool"
personally, I think both of these guys could show up for 2 weeks of practice and will still be near the top of their game for this team for the season.
While much of that is true and I agree with, it’s not the same situation. One absence was voluntary and one really was not voluntary. Literally! :laugh: I’m sorry I couldn’t resist !

One would’ve represented a QB being 100% committed after getting a nice extension and a new platoon of Wideouts. Is it the end of the world? Nope.
Does it speak to his character? In my opinion it does, especially after the ongoing feud and what transpired to begin last season. This was a simple opportunity to offer an olive branch. I know it and Matt knows it as he said as much.

The truth is and this is speculation.
I think Rodgers is tiffed about a contract that is a possible 1 year Deal + a 1 year + a 1 etc.. I don’t know what was said in negotiations, but I do not feel like he felt totally respected. The Packers have to be delicate with his situation as he’s somewhat volatile from an employment standpoint (that part is similar to Brady)
Both sides (Packers FO-Rodgers) were partly to blame though. It is what it is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

We were talking about an tv interview. Quit trying to change the setting to defend him.

Actually we were talking about there being a huge difference between missing voluntary OTAs and a vacation during training camp. You were the one changing the setting by bringing in Aaron's take on Amari for no reason.

for all you know they did not have a choice in the matter.. Except to choose to move on without Brady this season. If you played GM and forced Brady into retirement? You’d have a short career as an NFL GM.

Actually the Bucs should have moved on from Brady if he isn't fully committed to playing another season.I'd imagine the vacation and the day off every week for Brady is a compromise he made with his wife. Without the Bucs agreeing to it, he was out the door. They had a business decision to make, and made it. He did what he had to do, to save his marriage.

I'd imagine the vacation and the day off every week for Brady is a compromise he made with his wife. Without the Bucs agreeing to it, he was out the door. They had a business decision to make, and made it. He did what he had to do, to save his marriage.

Personally, I'd put family first myself. Brady did the right thing for his family, and as far as the Bucs, that's just a job.

It seems that Brady going on a vacation with his family in the middle of camp wasn't enough to save his marriage after all.

Amen and Amen. That’s me also that’s how I work. If my Employer won’t recognize a Family emergency or a death in the family or a similar family crisis? It’s just probably my signal to move on
If I haven’t garnered enough respect to request an exception after taking my Company to the very top of my industry? (Tom Brady)
I’m probably not the guy for that Company, maybe they can find a better employee with 12 days notice.

Once again, if Brady fully committing to play another season resulted in his marriage being in danger he should have put his family first and stayed retired in the first place.

You can be assured that other leaders on that team, who might spend time with their families on a vacation instead of going through the rigors of camp, took exception to Brady being allowed to.

I don't think the Captain, or myself has an issue with what Brady did or why. I put family first too, time is too limited not to.

Actually I have an issue with Brady taking a vacation during camp. As posted above, if he would have truly put family first he wouldn't have come back for another season.

I think Rodgers is tiffed about a contract that is a possible 1 year Deal + a 1 year + a 1 etc..

Actually the Packers guaranteed Rodgers' $58.3 million option bonus for the 2023 season, therefore there's no way for them to walk away after only one season. The only way his current deal ends up as a one-year contract is if he walks away from football after this season.

Members online

Latest posts