Is Rodgers All In?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On average a Bears fan gets 2-4 less weeks of their NFL team playing anything meaningful. It’s good to be a Packer fan :)

Our 3 Divisional Rivals Stadiums’ all rank inside the bottom 9 of leagues seating capacity (Soldier Field Is the leagues least at 61,500)
Lambeau Field has the 3rd largest seating capacity (81,441) leaguewide (MetLife 82,500; FedEx 82,000)
Wow that's interesting. So little ol Green Bay has a stadium with the third highest seating capacity. And not a bad seat in the house. Ya just gotta deal with aluminum row seats and temps below zero. Oh, and it's always sold out. Thanks for the info.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have this funny feeling that AR12 is in full rebuild with the personnel on the line and the young and very old group he has to throw to. The running game will have to set up the pass, as weird as that sounds. The defense will decide where this team goes.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have this funny feeling that AR12 is in full rebuild with the personnel on the line and the young and very old group he has to throw to. The running game will have to set up the pass, as weird as that sounds. The defense will decide where this team goes.
The run sets up the pass! Instead of RPOs it will have to be PROs, or something backwards like that. Actually I'm pretty sure Rodgers is looking forward to the challenge. How do you top back-to-back MVPs? Take a bunch of questionable receivers and win a SB. If anyone can do it, Rodgers can.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LeFleur's offense is a run-centric offense. He wants the run to be used as much as possible, to play ball control. To him, the passing game is to augment the run. This season falls directly into that category based on personnel. The questions we need to ask now is if our offensive line is capable of opening gaps for the run, and providing adequate protection for Rodgers to get the ball off, since it may take a little longer with several new receivers in the mix.

It's gonna be interesting!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LeFleur's offense is a run-centric offense. He wants the run to be used as much as possible, to play ball control. To him, the passing game is to augment the run. This season falls directly into that category based on personnel. The questions we need to ask now is if our offensive line is capable of opening gaps for the run, and providing adequate protection for Rodgers to get the ball off, since it may take a little longer with several new receivers in the mix.

All true. The O line has done a good job given major injuries, but that's not gonna be good enough if the run game gains in prominence. Something tells me MLF and the coaches will make it work, and the D will help. But yeah, it's gonna be interesting and not like seasons past. Hey, any path to the Lombardi Trophy is fine with me!

Reaction score

It is that.
In a weird way I kinda like the shake up. I’m actually kinda excited. We haven’t had this good an overall personnel group since at minimum 2014 and more like 2010. Except this Coaching staff is ++ over MM/Capers/Slocum

The only thing I’ll be watching on Defense is who takes that OLB3 spot. If we get a solid Fackrell type riser, it’ll solidify my only real question there.
We are built for playoff ball. We need redemption, there zero reason we should’ve lost last season. We were the best team in the NFC and we tripped over our own flip flop face first while getting back up off the couch.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

There is so much that goes into making it to the SB and winning it. It's the ultimate goal, but not always a reality. There's a reason that only one team in the history of the NFL playoffs, has had a totally undefeated season, and championship run.

If you get into a pick'em league, or just do it for yourself, being able to pick 70% of the winners week after week, without regard to the spread is very difficult. The NFL is certainly the poster boy for; "On any given day."

I fully understand it's difficult to win a Super Bowl or even get to one. But the Packers only having been to a single once since 1997 is most likely the only negative I can come up with over the past 24 years. It's disappointing nevertheless.

I especially thought it intriguing that you stopped at 24 seasons as to not include 1997. I almost didn’t catch it, but very crafty. Makes us sound even worse than we are. Thanks!!:tdown:

Once again, I'm definitely not suggesting the Packers have been a bad team since 1997, actually they rank second in regular season win percentage behind the Patriots over the past 24 seasons. But, their lack of Super Bowl appearances is disappointing. Especially considering the Saints are the only other team among the top 10 in winning percentage since '97 which have made it to only one Super Bowl as well.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fully understand it's difficult to win a Super Bowl or even get to one. But the Packers only having been to a single once since 1997 is most likely the only negative I can come up with over the past 24 years. It's disappointing nevertheless.

Once again, I'm definitely not suggesting the Packers have been a bad team since 1997, actually they rank second in regular season win percentage behind the Patriots over the past 24 seasons. But, their lack of Super Bowl appearances is disappointing. Especially considering the Saints are the only other team among the top 10 in winning percentage since '97 which have made it to only one Super Bowl as well.
There's no question, looking back on the Favre and Rodgers eras, that a lack of Lombardi Trophies is disappointing. You point out that the Packers' win percentage since 97 is second only to the Pats. The Pats won 6 SBs in that period to 1 for the Packers. And it's not like the Packers didn't have their chances. Too many times, they just failed when the lights were the brightest.

Even so they've been fun to watch, even with all the heart breaks.

Reaction score
What I’m most thankful for is having the opportunity to look forward to most seasons watching our team in the postseason. Have their been disappointments? Yes. But no regrets really those teams that beat us outsmarted and outplayed us.

The good news. We have an excellent opportunity over the next 1-2 years to snag a trophy. In the meantime enjoy the ride! Just think You could be a Bears or Lions or Vikings fan! :cry:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I’m most thankful for is having the opportunity to look forward to most seasons watching our team in the postseason. Have their been disappointments? Yes. But no regrets really those teams that beat us outsmarted and outplayed us.

The good news. We have an excellent opportunity over the next 1-2 years to snag a trophy. In the meantime enjoy the ride! Just think You could be a Bears or Lions or Vikings fan! :cry:
Amen brother!

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The run sets up the pass! Instead of RPOs it will have to be PROs, or something backwards like that. Actually I'm pretty sure Rodgers is looking forward to the challenge. How do you top back-to-back MVPs? Take a bunch of questionable receivers and win a SB. If anyone can do it, Rodgers can.
Rodgers is at his best when he spreads the ball, period. He does that and its going to be electric if the D remains healthy.

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers is at his best when he spreads the ball, period. He does that and its going to be electric if the D remains healthy.

Rodgers needs some talented pass catchers to be able to successfully spread the ball around. It remains to be seen if he has that at his disposal this season.

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is that.
In a weird way I kinda like the shake up. I’m actually kinda excited. We haven’t had this good an overall personnel group since at minimum 2014 and more like 2010. Except this Coaching staff is ++ over MM/Capers/Slocum

The only thing I’ll be watching on Defense is who takes that OLB3 spot. If we get a solid Fackrell type riser, it’ll solidify my only real question there.
We are built for playoff ball. We need redemption, there zero reason we should’ve lost last season. We were the best team in the NFC and we tripped over our own flip flop face first while getting back up off the couch.
I am excited about the changes too. Looking forward to the new season! So glad that we FINALLY should have an excellent defense and SO happy that we FINALLY have a good solid proven special teams coach. Really they were the main reason for not getting to and winning a Super Bowl last season. It will be interesting without Davante on the offense but maybe a good thing to not rely so heavily on ONE player. Yes the offensive line needs to be tough and strong for the running backs and for the new receivers. It should be a fun season baring any significant injuries.

Reaction score
I am excited about the changes too. Looking forward to the new season! So glad that we FINALLY should have an excellent defense and SO happy that we FINALLY have a good solid proven special teams coach. Really they were the main reason for not getting to and winning a Super Bowl last season. It will be interesting without Davante on the offense but maybe a good thing to not rely so heavily on ONE player. Yes the offensive line needs to be tough and strong for the running backs and for the new receivers. It should be a fun season baring any significant injuries.
Glad to have you back @barbpackerfan. My Aunts name is Barbara “Barb” also

Reaction score
How do you know that barbpackerfan isn't a name that stands for Barbarian sword wielding, gut ripping, man slaying Packer fan? It could be you know?
That would be my Aunt exactly! It must be her!

Ba Ba BA.. Ba Ba Baran

(Up a key)
Ba ba BA Ba ba Baran a a an!

Just kidding she was a long black haired hippie and drove an original Yellow Volkswagen Beetle.
She babysat us kids in the 1960’s-70’s and paid us to comb her long black hair! She was a cool Ba Ba Baran

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would be my Aunt exactly! It must be her!

Ba Ba BA.. Ba Ba Baran

(Up a key)
Ba ba BA Ba ba Baran a a an!

Just kidding she was a long black haired hippie and drove an original Yellow Volkswagen Beetle.
She babysat us kids in the 1960’s-70’s and paid us to comb her long black hair! She was a cool Ba Ba Baran
If she was a little older, she could have easily been someone I met. Did she spend any time in the Haight-Ashbury region, and wear flowers in her hair?

That was the coolest time in American history.

Reaction score
If she was a little older, she could have easily been someone I met. Did she spend any time in the Haight-Ashbury region, and wear flowers in her hair?

That was the coolest time in American history.
She grew up on bluffs overseeing the Mississippi River. I don’t if that counts?
It’s a step below below the Panhandle scene where Hendrix played a free concert. Ya sure you betcha.

Her Daddy (my Grandpa) was a Master Sargeant who saw bullets flying in WWI (yes you read that part correctly!)and WWII. He kept her hippie leash pretty short. Lol

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
She grew up on bluffs overseeing the Mississippi River. I don’t if that counts?
It’s a step below below the Panhandle scene where Hendrix played a free concert. Ya sure you betcha.

Her Daddy (my Grandpa) was a Master Sargeant who saw bullets flying in WWI (yes you read that part correctly!)and WWII. He kept her hippie leash pretty short. Lol
The 60s and 70s were amazing. Think about my history of the time. A hitch in the Army, a second hitch, in the Air Force, then became a cop in Chicago not long after my military service. I saw it all.

Reaction score
The 60s and 70s were amazing. Think about my history of the time. A hitch in the Army, a second hitch, in the Air Force, then became a cop in Chicago not long after my military service. I saw it all.
Thank you for your service (saluting)
I’ll bet you have some great campfire stories.
Go Rodgers!

D

Deleted member 6794

They're such a classless organization. Fortunately karma is a *****, therefore they will never ever win a Super Bowl.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
They're such a classless organization. Fortunately karma is a *****, therefore they will never ever win a Super Bowl.

Exactly!
What really got me and convinced me Barr purposely meant to injure him was afterwards he later doubled down on foolish. Barr then continued to take media jabs at Rodgers while he was on the operating table. Rodgers was having multiple screws inserted to hold his collarbone together, while Barr continue to harass Aaron.
Barr’s one of the most selfish and immature players I’ve witnessed, bordering on adolescent level

For those that argue that was good football. The ball is already completely out of the picture frame in my freeze frame shot.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts