• Realease or trade

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Retire

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember many Packer fans who were upset when Rodgers was drafted.

The time to get the replacement for an aging QB is a couple of years BEFORE he retires, not right after!
I remember many fans booing him when he took the field most of his first year starting.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, we absolutely keep Rodgers unless we are acquiring Patrick Mahomes or Herbert. The alternative makes this question, not so smart.

What was there about his performance this season that makes it smart to keep him and ignore the future at the position? If he comes back next year we can expect more of the same from him and then have to likely start completely from scratch the following year.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look up bill Michael's show

He says... If Aaron wants to have input on players, then he needs to be at ota and mini camps.

Never thought of it that way
I disagree. If he wants to have input on players, he needs to apply to the scouting department and work his way up to GM.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he has any more input on players than they ask him, he, we're looking at so and so, what do you think. I see no situation where Aaron Rodgers is in the room saying we're going to pick this guy and we're going to sign that FA. Even with Cobb, it was probably more along the lines of "hey Aaron, we can get x,y,z potentially, what do you think".

and tell Bill, he didn't skip any minicamps.
and even if he attends everything from scouting meetings on down, he's the QB, not in player acquisition, so anything beyond someone asking him something is probably not necessary.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If nothing else, it should be trade/keep/retire. I don't really think a trade seems particularly realistic but as has been pointed out before a release is more or less an impossibility, unless we want to absolutely torpedo our franchise for the next few years because we're so desperate to get rid of Rodgers...

I guess technically it is an "option" but saying there is a 0.00001% chance we release him is probably too generous.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be honest the second option should say also retire. That's why I chose that one.

@longtimefan your thoughts? It is your poll after all.
I agree, retirement was on the table before this season, it's gotta look really good now. It's a quit while you're still the hero, or stay long enough to become the villain type of scenario for him, and he's sure that he's done enough to cement himself in the HOF.

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, whatever he does, this is the plan.
Going off the latest packer history, J.Love takes over. We get another SB within 3yrs, then we trade him for as many #1picks as possible. No sense keeping another franchise qb around since they're only good for 1 SB.
Rinse and repeat.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember many Packer fans who were upset when Rodgers was drafted.

The time to get the replacement for an aging QB is a couple of years BEFORE he retires, not right after!
Most teams with a aging HOF QB don't usually have the luxury of getting a good replacement until after that QB retires. Then the team struggles and is able to draft near the top of the 1st round. We got lucky in 2005 that Rodgers fell as far as he did.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, retirement was on the table before this season, it's gotta look really good now. It's a quit while you're still the hero, or stay long enough to become the villain type of scenario for him, and he's sure that he's done enough to cement himself in the H

I remember many fans booing him when he took the field most of his first year starting.
And that was pretty bad. He was treated horribly after Favre left.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he has any more input on players than they ask him, he, we're looking at so and so, what do you think. I see no situation where Aaron Rodgers is in the room saying we're going to pick this guy and we're going to sign that FA. Even with Cobb, it was probably more along the lines of "hey Aaron, we can get x,y,z potentially, what do you think".

and tell Bill, he didn't skip any minicamps.
and even if he attends everything from scouting meetings on down, he's the QB, not in player acquisition, so anything beyond someone asking him something is probably not necessary.
A lot of folks thought it would have been wise for him to come to OTAs, even though they are not mandatory, so he could get extra work in with all the new WRs.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If nothing else, it should be trade/keep/retire. I don't really think a trade seems particularly realistic but as has been pointed out before a release is more or less an impossibility, unless we want to absolutely torpedo our franchise for the next few years because we're so desperate to get rid of Rodgers...

I guess technically it is an "option" but saying there is a 0.00001% chance we release him is probably too generous.
And I don't think management is as desperate to get rid of Rodgers as some fans are.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I don't think management is as desperate to get rid of Rodgers as some fans are.
Yeah. I’m sure they envisioned this year going better but it should be painfully obvious to everyone that they wouldn’t have given him that contract with the intention of getting out of it after a year and I’m not sure this bad year will have been bad enough for them to want him gone at all costs.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, most here don't want to keep him which is opposite of what @McKnowledge was stating he figured the sentiments here would be.

I literally got a headache reading the above statement. What are you saying?

I am tired of the status quo.

Either Rodgers or Love moves on.

Just to be clear, I am a AR12 fan, but after many playoff failures I have no problem moving on from Aaron Rodgers.

If Rodgers retires or is traded, then both Green Bay and Jordan Love deserves an entire season for evaluation.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The standards of management and the fans are not always in alignment.

Management is all about the bottom line and anything successful beyond financial success is essentially playing with house money

When the popularity of Aaron Rodgers wanes to the point of hurting the financial success of the Packers' organization, he'll be moved or heavily encouraged to retire.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I literally got a headache reading the above statement. What are you saying?

I am tired of the status quo.

Either Rodgers or Love moves on.

Just to be clear, I am a AR12 fan, but after many playoff failures I have no problem moving on from Aaron Rodgers.

If Rodgers retires or is traded, then both Green Bay and Jordan Love deserves an entire season for evaluation.
LOL earlier in the thread you said the majority on this board desires to keep AR12...which the poll on this very thread disagrees with you. That's all I was saying.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And that was pretty bad. He was treated horribly after Favre left.
I was firmly in the "time for Rodgers" camp, but I never had the animosity toward Favre that a ton of people had. It was like most people either was on Favre's side or Rodgers's side. I understood Favre changing his mind about retiring, but I also knew with the time and effort given to preparing Rodgers to start, that the ship had sailed in Green Bay. Wish he never wore purple though. lol

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont pull the band aid off slowly..RIGHT OFF!! Don't forget the bags at home games, could get ugly the first couple of years. Remember that Lambeau Field gets might chilly when half the stadium is empty. If AR12 became a niner I suspect we may see a 16-1 regular season followed by an anemic offensive performance in round 2 that resulted in the next up and coming team advancing. That is where I think he is.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont pull the band aid off slowly..RIGHT OFF!! Don't forget the bags at home games, could get ugly the first couple of years. Remember that Lambeau Field gets might chilly when half the stadium is empty. If AR12 became a niner I suspect we may see a 16-1 regular season followed by an anemic offensive performance in round 2 that resulted in the next up and coming team advancing. That is where I think he is.

I'm sorry but if you think the stadium is going to have problem filling post-Rodgers or if we are having a terrible stretch...I'm not quite sure you understand the fanbase.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL earlier in the thread you said the majority on this board desires to keep AR12...which the poll on this very thread disagrees with you. That's all I was saying.

LOL.

I never mentioned the number of votes on this particular thread.

Why?

I wasn't thinking that 21 voters (as of this moment) accurately represents the opinion(s) of those that either haven't voted yet, have chosen not to vote, or WILL choose not to vote.

My personal opinion is that the general consensus of Packer nation independent of this Forum and this voting panel would want to keep AR12 for as long as he plays.

I am now leaning to the side of letting AR12 retire or seek a trade and begin the next era of Green Bay Packer football.

It's been 4 consecutive years of playoff failure and underachievement.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry but if you think the stadium is going to have problem filling post-Rodgers or if we are having a terrible stretch...I'm not quite sure you understand the fanbase.
3 years ago the season ticket wait list was over 130k!! I'd LOVE for every current ticket-holder who has sold-off more than 3 games/season to the opposing team's fans (which is many!!! :( ) to lose their ticket rights. Lambeau will remain full regardless of who is the QB, RB, #1WR, etc.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk. We need to consider he has the wear of a 36 year old QB. But does an above average job of taking care of his body. He’s also such a good QB that even some regression for a couple years puts him in the top 50% of the league.
Anyone can retire or injure. That’s not a reason to avoid a good QB imo. He has no serious injury concerns and truthfully he could play for another 3-4 seasons if HE desires while you search for his successor.

It might be wise for another team to keep him in a year to year or short 2yr deal though. Imagine if the 49ers had him today, they’d be really dynamic.
Lol… You should probably re read what you here. I’m not arguing your points…. just find it ironic that you are making them.