• Realease or trade

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Retire

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The time to act on this was last year. Cap hit will be mitigated a bit if he retires. Gute can leave with him.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is 50/50. I could see him looking at this roster and knowing that he can't take it to the promise land and retire. However, as we have seen with many greats, they have a hard time letting go. He said that he has generational wealth, but $60 million is hard to turn down. I genuinely think he is going to just take some time and reflect on the situation. He said he will have an answer by March. Until then, it will be discussed up and down and in many ways.
Yes, he can think as long as he wants. It is to his benefit just like last year. Mgmnt has to do what they want w/o taking Rodgers thought/feelings into consideration. Although it is certainly late to do what they should have already done.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF is a fraud. His teams shrink in big games and his play-calling has even become abominable. That 4th & 1 sweep to Lazard on our side of the field was arguably the single worst play call I have ever seen in my life. Lazard should almost NEVER be running that play, then they do it AGAIN. Maybe just QB sneak or hand the ball to your 250-lb RB? He makes offensive football look difficult and complicated. He isn't a CEO of a football team and never will be. He ain't Shanahan or McVay. He is in over his head.

I don't yet believe we have actually seen MLF able to fully dip GB into his offensive vision - he has been playcating to a point to Rodgers...I just don't think their marriage was a good one from the start.

The rebuild/reset over 2023 and 2024 I feel needs to happen as painful as it may be will showcase MLF as a fraud as you claim or not IMO. No way of knowing right now IMO. Crazy thing is with a torn down roster in 2023 and Love led team, I could see us all feeling better about MLF if he pieces a 6 win season together honestly than some do right now.

I personally think MLF is an excellent coach...elite - unknown at this point and not proven.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're all going to know by March. I don't think it's going to be nearly as contentious of a decision as many think. They'll think, they think some more, they'll talk and we'll know.

Regardless of the decision, we need to get better up front, by a lot or it won't matter for the new guy, or the old guy.

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If MLF says, Love is our next qb and he's starting this fall. Period. Time to think more of what's best for the organization cuz we have to know if Love is the real deal. We can't waste the pick. The little bit I've seen him play, he looked solid and could get 1st downs. Coulda used that last night.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't yet believe we have actually seen MLF able to fully dip GB into his offensive vision - he has been playcating to a point to Rodgers...I just don't think their marriage was a good one from the start.

The rebuild/reset over 2023 and 2024 I feel needs to happen as painful as it may be will showcase MLF as a fraud as you claim or not IMO. No way of knowing right now IMO. Crazy thing is with a torn down roster in 2023 and Love led team, I could see us all feeling better about MLF if he pieces a 6 win season together honestly than some do right now.

I personally think MLF is an excellent coach...elite - unknown at this point and not proven.

Fair. It's time to see it with Love then.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

why? because it's what has been pushed at us by punidts every year? you think that Lazard 4th down play was one Rodgers would call? I don't. I don't think he would at all. I think he'd more likely call play action with a toss down the seam to post pattern 100 times out of 100 over that play that was called.

was it placating Rodgers last night when we couldn't run the ball, but kept doing it anyway? How many negative to 2 yard runs did we have last night? Those aren't wins and they don't set up the offense.
Maybe it's just me, but our Oline was BAD again last night and that's with using a TE as an extra tackle at times. Nobody runs a good offense behind such poor play. Nobody.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why? because it's what has been pushed at us by punidts every year? you think that Lazard 4th down play was one Rodgers would call? I don't. I don't think he would at all. I think he'd more likely call play action with a toss down the seam to post pattern 100 times out of 100 over that play that was called.

was it placating Rodgers last night when we couldn't run the ball, but kept doing it anyway? How many negative to 2 yard runs did we have last night? Those aren't wins and they don't set up the offense.
Maybe it's just me, but our Oline was BAD again last night and that's with using a TE as an extra tackle at times. Nobody runs a good offense behind such poor play. Nobody.

Stating that it's been a factor doesn't mean you can outline every single play and expect me to believe for a second every playcall would be different if #12 wasn't in there - you're running too far on that belief.

The team hasn't executed at times across the entire board one could make for factors in a game....still doesn't change the fact I just don't believe MLF and Aaron Rodgers were ever a good match.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stating that it's been a factor doesn't mean you can outline every single play and expect me to believe for a second every playcall would be different if #12 wasn't in there - you're running too far on that belief.

The team hasn't executed at times across the entire board one could make for factors in a game....still doesn't change the fact I just don't believe MLF and Aaron Rodgers were ever a good match.
He's won 2 MVP's while paired with him. It hasn't all be great, but it hasn't been all that bad either.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The time to act on this was last year. Cap hit will be mitigated a bit if he retires. Gute can leave with him.
Is this the case? I know the contract is really convoluted, and even the big boys are wildly different. Sportrac shows a really substantial decrease in cap hit if traded rather than cut, and Over The Cap shows about the same hit, either way. Any other 'pro' sources out there so we know which to root for?

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Directly from Studs/Duds:

What a disaster; where to begin...

MLF is a fraud. His teams shrink in big games and his play-calling has even become abominable. That 4th & 1 sweep to Lazard on our side of the field was arguably the single worst play call I have ever seen in my life. Lazard should almost NEVER be running that play, then they do it AGAIN. Maybe just QB sneak or hand the ball to your 250-lb RB? He makes offensive football look difficult and complicated. He isn't a CEO of a football team and never will be. He ain't Shanahan or McVay. He is in over his head.

We have players walking into the LoS and picking up a live ball (WTF!) and other players shoving team trainers. Nixon was feeling himself and came in way too amped up; he made really poor decisions on multiple returns. We act like clowns with far to much regularity.

Aaron Rodgers needs to go; it's over. He has been a subpar QB throughout the entire season. He is paid to be extraordinary, and he is worse than mediocre. No excuses. I'm so done with this guy. I'm so done with him playing atrociously and taking minimal accountability while berating everyone else. I'm DONE with his stupid hard count and I'm DONE with the countless checks while the play clock hits zero on nearly every single offensive play. This offense is so painful to watch, and it starts with #12. It has zero pace or rhythm, because Rodgers feels the need to make sure every single detail is perfect before snapping the ball. Has he ever considered adjusting to keep the defense off balance? No, he refuses to change. Within three plays we took yet another pointless TO (how many in the past several years???) and a delay of game because he is messing around at the LoS. I'm so done with this nonsense. Get under center, snap the ball, and run the damn play, you coward.

Rodgers is one of my favorite athletes of all time, but I am completely DONE with him. I'm done with the slow-paced offense; I'm done with the play clock hitting zero every play; I'm done with his diminished accuracy and lack of accountability; I'm done with his diminished commitment. I'm done with perennially choking and walking off at Lambeau as playoff loser. It's OVER. The best stretch of QB play, by far, that we saw all year was from Jordan Love in Philadelphia. They drafted him, they sat him, now it's time to make a difficult awkward decision (similar to the one TT made with Favre and Rodgers). Yes, it is eerily similar to Favre's ending, right down to the INT. It's time.

Inform Rodgers that Love will be the starter next season. He can either retire, serve as the backup, or consent to a trade. The FO needs to grow a spine and rip the band-aid off RIGHT NOW. Rodgers has brought me as much joy (and pain) as any athlete I can ever remember, but NOW IS THE TIME.
The FO has no spine changes should have come mid season, and not only Rodgers the lamé coaching staff also

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's won 2 MVP's while paired with him. It hasn't all be great, but it hasn't been all that bad either.
True, but his heroics are not getting us titles in title town. Only awards for his mantle. With only 2 SB's with 2 "franchise" qb's in several decades screams " just what seems to be the problem here"?

coulomb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kinda looks like the last throw as a packer for #12 will be an interception. The last throw for #4 as a packer was an interception.

wtf

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not saying it was bad.
I'm more concerned about the inability to get the offense going when nothing is working. Plays are all over the place and I don't think its Rodgers either. I'm more concerned about how slow he was to make changes with the ST's last year. His choices for OC and OL coaching this year. It didn't really work all year. I'm concerned it took so much time to address the defense. I'm concerned we had such undisciplined play so late in the year at bad times.

Those things concern me more with him as a head coach than I am concerned about him and Rodgers running an offense. Fix that Oline and we'd be scoring 30 again I think.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't make Rodgers retire, but you can make it painfully obvious of what will happen. You can bluntly tell him Lewis will not be back neither will Cobb or Crosby. With the cap crunch, Lazard might not be back and possibly Jones. They could additionally tell him he will be competing for a job in training camp, but that would be a PR headache and I don't see them doing that.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

The larger question is why did they ink Rodgers to that monster deal and then turn around and think a handful of rookies and Sammy Watkins were going to make for a powerful passing offense.
I`m sorry but a rookie or even a veteran CANNOT catch balls that are over or underthrown, and it started to happen too often. I got tired of it always being somebody else`s fault. I wouldn`t be so pissed if he`d trained in the off season and developed with them. I know it`s a simple argument but it`s the truth.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Time to flush the toilet, management,coaches and players, after seeing Rodgers post interviews I believe probably some time after the SB Rodgers will announce his retirement, he will go out a HOF Packer
Murphy should step down, and a new FO should evaluate keeping MLF, I mean which coach looked more inspired last night, it would have been a bigger lost for the Packers if not for the Lions penalty’s Egos need to be put the bed, time to build a new SB team

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't make Rodgers retire, but you can make it painfully obvious of what will happen. You can bluntly tell him Lewis will not be back neither will Cobb or Crosby. With the cap crunch, Lazard might not be back and possibly Jones. They could additionally tell him he will be competing for a job in training camp, but that would be a PR headache and I don't see them doing that.
Why even tell him he'd be competing in TC? Just tell him Love has the keys to the car, AR will be #3 running scout team & helping train the rookie 6th or 7th rounder as #2.

rdawsoniii

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wanted Rodgers traded when Denver offered a boatload of picks last year. And I have been beating that drum ever since.

The playoff loss last season was the last straw for me. I was done with Rodgers. Big time choker in big time games. He can't consistently make the throws anymore. He is selfish, sullen, pouty and egotistical. The perfect time to dump him was last year. Instead, our idiot management gives the farm away on a ridiculous contract.

First, try to trade him. See if there is a team stupid enough (we would be lucky to get a #2 pick). The Jets maybe?

If a trade doesn't work, I would sit him down and tell him he's done. Love is the starter going forward. Period. End of story. No matter how poorly he plays.

If Aaron still wants to play? Then tell him he needs to sign a new contract with a MASSIVE pay cut. And mandatory participation in OTA's. Load the contract with incentives. Not personal incentives.....team performance based incentives. Playoff wins, NFC championship and Super Bowl incentives. He is to either be 110% committed or else.

The sooner Rodgers is gone, the better.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Aaron still wants to play? Then tell him he needs to sign a new contract with a MASSIVE pay cut. And mandatory participation in OTA's. Load the contract with incentives. Not personal incentives.....team performance based incentives. Playoff wins, NFC championship and Super Bowl incentives. He is to either be 110% committed or else.

He could sign a new contract for league minimum and it doesn't change ANY of the guaranteed money in his current contract just fyi.

Members online

Latest posts