Is It Time To Panic Yet?

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
We lose a close one to the Bears, we barely beat out Detroit at home, then lose to a low scoring team like the Redskins? Lombardi is probably up in heaven screaming what the hell is going on out there.

Come on Pack, I am a lonely Packer fan living near Chicago. You were looking so danged good in preseason.

But you are still my team!:viksux::chisux::detsux:

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I blame the team as a whole from Thompson to the coaching staff to the effort of the players for the situation that led to our final offensive play of the game...that being said IN that last play...Aaron Rodgers LOST the game, nothing else happened. NO ONE else threw that INT. Aaron CHOKED just like at Tampa, just like at Arizona, just like he did in college before Ted drafted him. I've been in panic mode since the Favre trade, cause I could forsee this happening frequently...and it HAS HAPPENED frequently. They say Rodgers does well in the 2 minute drill...but WHICH 2 minutes...1st half or 2nd half? They say he does well in the 4th quarter...is that when he has a lead or trailing? Is that when he has to win a game? The analysts who throw these stats out that tout Rodgers as a great QB aren't giving the FULL story, I think we as Packer nation saw it today...and it was a tragedy once again...yes Packer nation, it's been time to panic since the summer of 2008. I'm not saying this as a Favre fan....I'm saying this as someone who looks objectively at Rodgers, and would rather see Flynn or Harrell at QB.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying this as a Favre fan....I'm saying this as someone who looks objectively at Rodgers, and would rather see Flynn or Harrell at QB.

You just come off moronic when you say something like this. I don't always disagree with you when you talk crap about Rodgers. I see SOME of your points, but can you really tell me that the Packers would be a better team with Flynn or Harrell starting... really?

I'm not saying this as a Packer fan... but I hope Favre gets drilled in the sternum.

To the topic at hand... I think as fans, can we really panic? How? The defending Super Bowl champs are 3-2. We have sooo many injuries, just chill out and enjoy the season. I'm guessing if TT were to take a look at our board here, he isn't going to say, "you know what, you're right". If you want to jump...jump. Otherwise, buckle the chin strap and let's go fishin'... For Dolphins.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm panicking, but my knee-jerk reactions always last a day or two after tough losses..

On a side-note, when is the last time we've lost a non-heartbreaking game??? Geez it seems like a while now.

David Pynnonen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No need to panic yet, YET....we played ****** all season..I havent been impressed at all...what happened the play fake deep bomb to jennings or driver!?!? that play is money

We're all frustrated to say the least, we all had super bowl in mind coming out of preseason. It makes it hard to win games when u have 5 or 6 backups playing on defense at the end of a game like that. We loss ryan grant, who is one of the most underrated backs in the league. Its times like this where all the grant haters should realize what we have in him. Our offense hasnt been clicking at all yet. A-rod is struggling with his throws but we all know how he can sling the ball n look like one of the best in the game.

Hopefully al harris can come off the PUP list and play slightly above average. I dont like bigby, but with burnett out for the season im excited to get him back as well.

One last thing, Why doesnt tramon return kicks and punts more often??

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I don't think we're in panic more, and I don't think we should be. I think we are in "We need to start doing somethings and maybe looking outside our normal comfort zone" mode. Injuries are one of our biggest issues. Some of the backups have come in and played pretty well, (Zombo, Bishop, Peprah, Martin). Quarless has played ok, he has had some good moments and some bonehead ones but he is a rookie and lower on the depth chart to get the reps needed to be a started so I have no beef with him. Our offense has not been in sync really all season. It's like we're reeling from game to game like a drunken barfight. It is my opinion that a better running game could help this a lot. If our O-Line/Backs could get 3 yards every time we ran the ball, we could sustain drives, chew up a lot of the clock, and prevent giving the ball back to teams with the opportunity to drive and win the game. That being said, our defense is playing pretty awesome. For 2.5 or 3 quarters. It seems they kind of run out of gas toward the end. Reducing our 3 and outs would give out depleted D more rest and keep them fresher. I think that it would make a big difference. I also think that if our offense was in sync, we would be scoring more than enough points to withstand a last minute drive for a TD by our opponents even if we didn't even field a defense. It just seems to me when I watch the games, and I haven't seen all of them, I missed the Buffalo game. It just seems to me that our Offense has good spurts but is really out of sync, yet our defense play lights out balls to wall hard until they are spent and cannot maintain. We aren't the Ravens, nor do I want to be, yet its like our offense is playing like the defense is going to win every game and thats not how our team is built.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HAHA is it time to panic yet?!?!?

We just lost to the 'Skins....

Next four games: 'Fins ( pos. no #12), Vikes, NYJ, Dallas.... Yeah they should be in panic mode AND FANS SHOULD BE TOO!

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HAHA is it time to panic yet?!?!?

We just lost to the 'Skins....

Next four games: 'Fins ( pos. no #12), Vikes, NYJ, Dallas.... Yeah they should be in panic mode AND FANS SHOULD BE TOO!

Insightful post...I see us going 2-2 through the next 4. We should beat Miami with little problem, and Dallas should be easy enough. I live in the area Romo grew up in and quite frankly I STILL don't see how he even MADE the NFL.

Anyone who thinks we can beat Minnesota right now...give me just a SHOT from the bottle you're drinking and I'll be happy. The Jets, it's possible but not probable, the offense is just good enough not to lose and the defense is for all intents and purposes is awesome, and Revis will be back before the Jets/Packers game.

BTW my dad was originally from Ewen.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
In fact I am locking this thread till a MOD can clean up all the useless posts that should be in smack

realpackerfan your dislike for Rodgers is border inline just trollish it needs to stop or put it in a smack area

Better yet put your spewing here

http://www.packerforum.com/f14/rodgers-vs-favre-do-here-16752.html

Mods move all the crap to that thread please

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
That's better.

Let's all, myself included because I know I played a role, play nice now.

Back to the original topic...