1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Vltrophy, May 3, 2012.

1. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +400
    Is it possible that w/CM3,Nick Perry & the other USC trojan alumnis on the Packers team decide to dedicate this season to Junior Seau? Yes I know there are USC Trojans on just about every team but I believe if CM3 were to step up & say something it would cause a spark. Your input is appreciated.

2. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Like the guys tried to dedicate that Giants game to coach Philbin and his family?

I like the thought though, but don't see all the USC guys (Polamalu, Griffin, Bush, Palmer, Leinart, Sanchez, etc.) raising the level of their play one bit, to be honest.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. SanDiegoCheese

SanDiegoCheese West Coast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    'SC class of 2003, baby! I'm with you, I can see alot of Trojans dedicating this season to Junior. I know each Trojan in NFL will play with that famous intensity that Seau was displayed. Fight on, SC!!!!

4. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    I could be wrong but I don't see it. The Packers motivation will be 15-1 last year, one and done and making the offense and MVP of the league carry the worst D in the NFC.

However, maybe the Chargers organization can use it. We all know those underachieving bums out there could always use a spark.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    I cant really see it being that great of a motivator, and I agree with Jules the bitter taste of ending the year with such a thud after leading the NFL for so long will make them much more hungry than the lingering sadness of losing a fellow USC alumn

6. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,075
    The should just honor him by playing and preparing like him.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +850
    No. I could see the league doing a week or something to commemorate him, but I don't think his death will motivate players for an entire season.

8. TheOnlyMeIKnow

TheOnlyMeIKnow Guest

Ratings:
    +11
    If they're gonna dedicate the season, dedicate it to proving to their fans that they're a better team than last year when they went 15-1 and didn't even make the NFC Championship, not one player.

9. cupacker

cupacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    That would be a bit of a stretch. He didn't play for the Packers, and the USC alumni playing didn't even play with him, so it wouldn't be a very powerful dedication.

By the time the season rolls around, the team better be focused on getting back to the super bowl. The Chargers and Trojans can dedicate their season to him if they want, anyone else and it would just be too much.

10. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    made me LOL. :)

11. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I think they may honor him in their own way, privately. But I can't see the whole group of them claiming they are going to use it for motivation. It is a nice thought and it would be sweet to honor Junior but I don't see that approach happening.