Is It Ok To Wear Packers Attire To A Panthers Vs Saints Game

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I think there are certain places where you wouldn't want to wear it at any point in the season (Philly) but Carolina fans don't have any reputation for stupidity.
Someone might ask about your attire but I can't imagine there is any hostility between Panther and Packer fans. I'd be real comfortable with wearing Packer gear at a Panthers game.
Packers fans travel well so they've been at every stadium in the league. I've never heard of a bad moment at BOA stadium.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers gear has increased in popularity astronomically since they won the SB. A lot of it's bangwagon effect but some of it is fans feelin the love and splurging because of the SB. I've noticed in Philly a lot more people wearing Packers gear than I've ever seen in my life and Philly is a rough city for that kind of thing. I've also heard from people in other cities say the same thing. I'm not saying wear the gear to the game, that's up to you, but I'm pointing out that currently Packers gear is a lot more socially acceptable than it has ever been in recent memory. The only other time I can think of is 1996 SB win. Reggie White has ties to the Eagles and it made my heart warm to see just as many Packers #92's running around as Eagles.

BoilerUp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of it, but that's just me. I don't really ever see this happen at football games.

But when I go to White Sox games and I see people wearing Boston jerseys, that's pretty annoying to me.

GBinNC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the suggestion of not wearing the gear because of wife & kid, particularly if your seats are in the upper deck. Having been to at least 5 Packer/Panther games in Charlotte (I've lived in NC for 20+ years), I've been unpleasantly surprised at the drunk hostile redneck factor in the stands (again, much more so in the cheap seats). Never had any serious incidents, and It's a very small minority of idiots, but it doesn't take many. Easy to tolerate F bombs, etc when with a group of guys, but with kids?

OP
OP
Wes Seyller

Wes Seyller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it turns out that my Wife, Son and Me all wore packers shirts. Were we parked we had a 20 min walk straight to the stadium through a nice neighbor hood. Lots of Panthers banner and flags on peoples houses. At first I though to myself wondering if we made the right decision.

Getting close to the stadium I noticed people wearing jersey from several different teams. Cowboys, chiefs, bengals, and saints of course. There were a couple other Packer fans I did noticed. Before and during the game we never received a single negative or even jokingly negative comment. After walking out of the stadium I did get the only jab from a female in a pink steelers jersey saying "oh the packers gonna lose to atlanta tonight." Must still be some hard feelings left over from the superbowl. But during the game I had come to realized that Panthers and Saints fan were likely all good with the Packers in week 5 because they needed the Packers to kicks the Falcons butt.

But it was a great experience.

Members online

Latest posts