1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is It Ok To Wear Packers Attire To A Panthers Vs Saints Game

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Wes Seyller, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Wes Seyller

Wes Seyller Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am going to the Panthers vs Saints game in Charlotte with my wife and son. This is the first professional sports game I have ever attended so I don't know the perception of this. I am not pulling for either team, as I only pull for the Packers unless it is a game that helps the Packers.

Is it ok to wear a Packers t-shirt and/or hat to this game. Or will I get alot of bad looks especially since the Packers beat both of these teams the first two weeks. Otherwise I will only go in non football clothing.

2. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    Well I know me and I would wear a packer t even if I a shouldn't I guess it depends on how comfortable you feel wear the t if you get daggers put on sweater.

3. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I honestly don't know how the Panthers fan base are. I can pretty much guarantee you will get weird, possible openly hostile looks. If you were going by yourself or with your guy friends, I'd say risk it but because you are going with your wife and child, I'd actually err on the side of caution and not wear it. I know for sure you wouldn't want to be doing that at a home game in Philly, they'd throw you down the stairs or do something vile. Not sure about the Panthers but I wouldn't risk it. Got to keep my Packers peeps safe!

If I were you, I'd just go in regular street clothes and enjoy the game. You want to your wife and son a good game, not Daddy getting pelted with beer by angry Panther and Saints fans alike. It's bad enough you will have people going there in Saints gear. Watch and see what happens to them.

Enjoy the game, no matter what you do. That's the most important thing. Stay safe too!Some advice, when Cam Newton throws and incomplete pass, don't lean over to the dude sitting next to you in the Newton jersey and say, "I bet Aaron Rodgers could of completed that pass and it would of been a TD!" lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wes Seyller

Wes Seyller Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the great advice. I live two hours away from the stadium. Of the Panthers fans I know of, for some time they have been used to realizing that there team sucked. Of course with Cam they all seem like he is a god and will automatically make their team the best. So it does seem like they are a little bit more touchy about things now. Before I could tell them that their team sucks and they would happily agree. Not so much anymore.

5. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Packers gear is always ok. I wear Packers ties and undershirts to client meetings. Of course they only see the tie... Unless they are female and hot lol jk jk

6. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,798
    Help the stadium security and go naked.

7. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    OMG. I would love to see your undershirts!!!

8. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +327
    You might get heckled a little bit, but nothing serious. I have a buddy who wears a Dan Marino to EVERY game I take him to, lol! :)

9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I wore a Packers jersey to the metrodome when the vikings were playing the colts a couple years back.

Never had an issue. I actually stood up and was taunting the viking fans, they took it pretty well.

10. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    Its always Ok to wear Packers stuff!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    LOL, I'm a Philly cat, I'm used to worst case scenario.

12. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,798
    I'm curious to know why you're going to a game where you're a fan of neither team.

I've gone to a couple MLB games of teams I didn't care about. Just to go because it was fun.
    So if you don't mind sharing I'd like to know your reasons.

13. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,480
    I always see people such as this and wonder why

Not that there is anything wrong with it, just curious...So it does happen

14. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    I wore a Kilt to a company party back when I could still pull off the look. I had Packer Boxers on. Some drunk women decided they wanted to see if I was Commando. GO PACK!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    Oh and to answer the posters question. It is alright to wear your Packers Jersey any Damn place you like. We are the Champions, Flaunt it.

16. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    Well, I wouldn't want to because we already beat them. There might be some sore loser fans around.

Not saying there would be, but there could.

17. Hype

Hype Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    I wore a GB Jersey to a Packers vs Eagles game in 1994.....

but the Philly fans knew better then to start **** considering it was a Reggie White jersey

• Like Like x 1
  18. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    You just have to decide whether or not you want to take abuse. I got free tickets to a Vikings/Bears MNF a few years back, and my brother drove to Minneapolis to go to the game with me. We both wore Packer gear. I just couldn't stomach the idea of anybody, anybody, assuming we were either Vikings or Bears fans. We heard it all game long, from both Bears and Vikings fans. They ganged up on us. Maybe if they would've cheered more for their own teams, they wouldn't suck quite so horribly. Anyway, I had to wear Packer gear. And i was willing to take the abuse that went with it.

19. Wes Seyller

Wes Seyller Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am going because the tickets were free given to me and its close by. I am only a fan of the packers team but I am a fan of the NFL all together. I watch every game, play fantasy football. I don't have any fantasy players in this game but my wife does which I'm playing against this week has Darren sproles. I keep up with it all.

20. cupacker

cupacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    I live and grew up not far from Charlotte, and have several friends that go to all the Panthers home games. They've said they see other people's jerseys ALL the time... so GO FOR IT! LOL

I mean, we did beat both teams already this year, so it's not like they can talk crap to you or anything. And the Panthers fans probly feel really good about playing us as well as they did lol.

21. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Reggie White is the one exception to demented Philly fans. He's one guy that will always be loved and respected around here.

You gave me a good idea, next time the Packers come to Philly, I'm going to where a Packers Reggie jersey and they won't do anything to me. Instant respect. Got to love The Minister of Defense.

22. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I don't know if that's such a good idea, you'd probably stick out.

Saints fans are really not bad people, most are easy going, don't know much about Panther fans.

23. Frozencheese

Frozencheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +24
    Packer attire is ok to wear anywhere, anytime, with anyone.

24. morningwood

morningwood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    I think Kitten's take is right -- not with the wife and kiddie.

When I am in the Dome I go out of my way to welcome opposing fans, tell them I hope they enjoy their stay and will give advice on where to eat etc. In the Quarter I will even buy them a beer (not at the game at 7.50 a pop).

Part of the reason I do that is to make up for that rare jerk. Even if 95% of the people are friendly, 5% still makes for a lot of idiots.

BTW, all the Saints fans I saw who reported back said the GB folks could not have been nicer at the season opener. Good job.

25. GeeDogWarrior

GeeDogWarrior 0 - 0

Ratings:
    +139
    "Is it okay to wear Packers Attire for a Panther/Saints game?"

sure.... just tell anyone that asks, that you got stuck in carolina after having some "Hangover" moments during and after the week 2 game and I'm sure everyone will understand.