Is Green Bay worth the trip?

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 1998 I drove an F350 with Coachman camper from Anchorage Alaska to Lambeau Field, saw them beat the niners ON my birthday ON the day I retired from the Army. Hung around a few weeks, went deer hunting with my dad then drove back to Anchorage.... was totally worth the trip!

OP
OP
aristotle

aristotle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 1998 I drove an F350 with Coachman camper from Anchorage Alaska to Lambeau Field, saw them beat the niners ON my birthday ON the day I retired from the Army. Hung around a few weeks, went deer hunting with my dad then drove back to Anchorage.... was totally worth the trip!
A great story and thank you for your service. I too have had some great trips to GB but this one was especially disappointing because there was no fire in this team in the 2nd half. 87 yards passing is a disgrace. The Saints are not a good team, especially outside in bad weather.

OP
OP
aristotle

aristotle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's been there "12 straight years", so I presume he knows what the city has to offer. What's there year that still is worth spending $2500?
With arguably one of the best receiving corps in the NFL 87 yards is a disgrace. McCarthy needs to open it up

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With arguably one of the best receiving corps in the NFL 87 yards is a disgrace. McCarthy needs to open it up
He also needs somebody capable of doing that .... maybe (I hope) Hundley will get better. There is only so much scheming he can do... the QB has to make the plays.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I drove from Minnesota to the Saints game with three good friends from long ago. The three of us hadn't been to a game together in at least a decade. We toured the new HOF, which I hadn't visited since 1996. We also took the stadium tour which I hadn't done since the mid-80s.....they used to let you go wherever you wanted! On the tour there was a man from Mexico, who was immensely excited to be there. He was sending live video to his family back there, grinning ear to ear, and actually jumping for joy at being next to the turf. He told me that he had to sell several of his favorite cows in order to make his first ever trip to Green Bay. That's fandom. I didn't see him after the game but I bet he still had that big smile.

My friends and I still had big smiles after the game too. Tailgating was fun as usual beforehand, dodging rain drops and chatting with other fans. I didn't even mind the terrible service at the concession stand. Others were yelling. I took my food and got back to my seat. I gave hi-fives to the 93 year old lady sitting behind us in a wheelchair, smothered in blankets. She had a smile on her face too, despite the weather and outcome of the game.

Some people need the heavens to align in order to be happy. Many of us can find happiness in the small things in life. I can guarantee that I know who has a happier life in general.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's fine but not everyone lives in Green Bay and get tickets for face value. For many there is airfare and jacked up ticket prices to go along with everything else that costs $. It doesn't merit paying that much money to go watch a smoke and mirror defense that just gave up 500 yards at home and a QB that looks like a dud. Until they prove otherwise its not worth the price of the whole extravaganza. Sorry

You're not paying to watch a win. You're paying to watch a GAME and that's exactly what you'll see, win or lose. If watching the greatest team in the history of sports live and in person, sitting elbow to elbow with the greatest fan base at the greatest venue isn't enough for you, don't go. Someone who appreciates those things will.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You're not paying to watch a win. You're paying to watch a GAME and that's exactly what you'll see, win or lose. If watching the greatest team in the history of sports live and in person, sitting elbow to elbow with the greatest fan base at the greatest venue isn't enough for you, don't go. Someone who appreciates those things will.

Ticket prices are already plummeting. Lambeau is a great atmosphere no doubt but last time I checked they keep score. I can go down to my local high school and watch a "Game" and pay 8 dollars. I'm not gonna go watch and spend my hard earned money on a loser.

All I'm doing is condoning the incompetance in the front office.

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I drove from Minnesota to the Saints game with three good friends from long ago. The three of us hadn't been to a game together in at least a decade. We toured the new HOF, which I hadn't visited since 1996. We also took the stadium tour which I hadn't done since the mid-80s.....they used to let you go wherever you wanted! On the tour there was a man from Mexico, who was immensely excited to be there. He was sending live video to his family back there, grinning ear to ear, and actually jumping for joy at being next to the turf. He told me that he had to sell several of his favorite cows in order to make his first ever trip to Green Bay. That's fandom. I didn't see him after the game but I bet he still had that big smile.

My friends and I still had big smiles after the game too. Tailgating was fun as usual beforehand, dodging rain drops and chatting with other fans. I didn't even mind the terrible service at the concession stand. Others were yelling. I took my food and got back to my seat. I gave hi-fives to the 93 year old lady sitting behind us in a wheelchair, smothered in blankets. She had a smile on her face too, despite the weather and outcome of the game.

Some people need the heavens to align in order to be happy. Many of us can find happiness in the small things in life. I can guarantee that I know who has a happier life in general.

This could be the best post I've read here in some time...but that's coming from a guy who used to stop at Lambeau every time he was in Green Bay just to touch the corrogated steel siding. Then...back to the car to get to one of my sister's houses for one holiday or another.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ticket prices are already plummeting. Lambeau is a great atmosphere no doubt but last time I checked they keep score. I can go down to my local high school and watch a "Game" and pay 8 dollars. I'm not gonna go watch and spend my hard earned money on a loser.

You do realize you've just described yourself with the textbook definition of a fair weather fan, right?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You do realize you've just described yourself with the textbook definition of a fair weather fan, right?

I've watched and followed the team since the Lynn ****ey era. I go to muliple games some years. If you wanna call me a fair weather fan then fine. My frustration stems with a front office and coaching staff that has relied on one player. They can't do **** without AR12. It's all on him.

They have spent a plethora of picks on defense and they still suck and get gashed on 3rd down. They can't even get a "grade A" play maker for Rodgers. This period will show just how crappy they all are.

None of these guys would have jobs without AR12. They wasted his career.

Get Dorsey in there and build a roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've watched and followed the team since the Lynn ****ey era. I go to muliple games some years. If you wanna call me a fair weather fan then fine. My frustration stems with a front office and coaching staff that has relied on one player. They can't do **** without AR12. It's all on him.

They have spent a plethora of picks on defense and they still suck and get gashed on 3rd down. They can't even get a "grade A" play maker for Rodgers. This period will show just how crappy they all are.

None of these guys would have jobs without AR12. They wasted his career.

No "crappy" GM or coach ever wins a Super Bowl. There was a lot more to the team than Rodgers in 2010.

Should they have more titles? Probably, yes. But it's fact that TT and MM have been excellent at points in their careers.

Don't let your recent frustration cloud all your judgement.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
No "crappy" GM or coach ever wins a Super Bowl. There was a lot more to the team than Rodgers in 2010.

Should they have more titles? Probably, yes. But it's fact that TT and MM have been excellent at points in their careers.

Don't let your recent frustration cloud all your judgement.

If there so great why are we gonna go 5-11 this year. So tired of everyone bandstanding and defending these guys and saying this team is a competitor without Rodgers. There not. I wanted Thompson and Capers out of there last off-season.

The fact is this year will prove there not a competitor without Rodgers. It's a mediocre roster. Aaron Rodgers covered up so many warts. Warts everywhere.

It's real simple. Get Dorsey and salvage what's left. I'm fine if they keep MM as he has a long relationship with Rodgers. Why waste another off-season of drafting a bunch of defensive guys and produce crapola.

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there so great why are we gonna go 5-11 this year. So tired of everyone bandstanding and defending these guys and saying this team is a competitor without Rodgers. There not. I wanted Thompson and Capers out of there last off-season.

The fact is this year will prove there not a competitor without Rodgers. It's a mediocre roster. Aaron Rodgers covered up so many warts. Warts everywhere.

It's real simple. Get Dorsey and salvage what's left. I'm fine if they keep MM as he has a long relationship with Rodgers. Why waste another off-season of drafting a bunch of defensive guys and produce crapola.

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result.

I didn't even reference their performance this season.

My point was they have been very good in their careers and not to let the current time cloud that.

I see fans who take away from their accomplishments due to how they are without Rodgers and I don't understand that at all.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I didn't even reference their performance this season.

My point was they have been very good in their careers and not to let the current time cloud that.

I see fans who take away from their accomplishments due to how they are without Rodgers and I don't understand that at all.

What the hell has Dom Capers done the past 7 years? What has Ted Thompson done other then draft below average the last 7 years?

It's a total disaster. It's like here is a pig Aaron now go make it look pretty.

Now we got an ugly Pig.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the hell has Dom Capers done the past 7 years? What has Ted Thompson done other then draft below average the last 7 years?

It's a total disaster. It's like here is a pig Aaron now go make it look pretty.

Now we got an ugly Pig.

We were talking about Capers?

I could repeat the same point I was making for the third time, but I'll just let it go.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We were talking about Capers?

I could repeat the same point I was making for the third time, but I'll just let it go.

They suck without Rodgers. "Mediocre" at best. Well see what they accomplish this time around without Rodgers. I predict more mediocrity.

They can't even keep a roster together to keep the team in contention. ****, the Vikings can stay in contention with Case Keenum.

These TT apologists have ran out of excuses.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They suck without Rodgers. "Mediocre" at best. Well see what they accomplish this time around without Rodgers. I predict more mediocrity.

They can't even keep a roster together to keep the team in contention. ****, the Vikings can stay in contention with Case Keenum.

These TT apologists have ran out of excuses.

Okay man. I'm glad I decided to let it go.

Feel free to keep quoting me while ignoring the content of my post and venting though if it makes you feel better.

Have a good one.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Okay man. I'm glad I decided to let it go.

Feel free to keep quoting me while ignoring the content of my post and venting though if it makes you feel better.

Have a good one.

All your content is about ancient 2010 and what they have accomplished.

The reality is they would of been fired a long time ago without Rodgers. They have failed to build a competitive roster over and over.

Now I'm done.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've watched and followed the team since the Lynn ****ey era. I go to muliple games some years. If you wanna call me a fair weather fan then fine.

I didn't call you one. You identified yourself as one by saying "I won't... watch a loser." I don't know how else one would define that.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I didn't call you one. You identified yourself as one by saying "I won't... watch a loser." I don't know how else one would define that.

Then go happily pay your money to watch bad football and Brett Hundley to stink it up in the freezing cold. Just because I won't doesn't mean I'm a fair weather fan.

This team needs a losing season to shake things up and if that's what it takes I'm all in.

Should of gotten rid of these clowns back in 2015

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then go happily pay your money to watch bad football and Brett Hundley to stink it up in the freezing cold. Just because I won't doesn't mean I'm a fair weather fan.

Then why did you identify yourself as one?:coffee: I mean, you just said you wouldn't support the team because they are losing. It's okay. If you are, you are. Just own it, you know?

If there so great why are we gonna go 5-11 this year.

I'll take that bet. If we only go 5-11 I'll change my picture to a Bears logo for 6 months. If they do better than 5-11, you do the same. You in?

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Then why did you identify yourself as one?:coffee: I mean, you just said you wouldn't support the team because they are losing. It's okay. If you are, you are. Just own it, you know?

I'll take that bet. If we only go 5-11 I'll change my picture to a Bears logo for 6 months. If they do better than 5-11, you do the same. You in?

I'm still hoping some miracle happens so I won't take that bet my gut tells me 5-11. I never bet against the Packers.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Fair Weather Fan: Sports term for a fan who only supports or watches their team when they are successful.

You are the living definition of a fair weather fan.

I started with online forums to get my Packer news while I lived in Anchorage. Message boards on dial up. Internet existed but it was sketchy at best.

Watched a few games at Pierce Street Annex. They would leave the Tv's on and facing the windows. They opened at 10 and we would be there at the start of the game, 9 am, in temps around 0. With our ice scrapers we cleared tthe windows because our breath fogged and froze. We were a marginal team at the time. It didn't matter - we were fans.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Fair Weather Fan: Sports term for a fan who only supports or watches their team when they are successful.

You are the living definition of a fair weather fan.

And you are living the definition of a "delusional fan" overlooking the obvious problem year after year but keep coming back for more

Your the one who signed up for the the TT AND Dom Capers experience so go enjoy it. I won't be.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And you are living the definition of a "delusional fan" overlooking the obvious problem year after year but keep coming back for more

Your the one who signed up for the the TT AND Dom Capers experience so go enjoy it. I won't be.
Delusional? So in your mind the only reason to be a fan is if they are winning? And you still don't think of yourself as fair weather? I enjoy following the Pack, not just when they are winning. I think delusion comes into play when a sports franchise is able to control your emotional state so deeply it affects your activities and enjoyment.