Is Green Bay worth the trip?

aristotle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lambeau home field advantage is all but lost. I have been to GB 12 straight years and now back to back years we have awful loses with very little energy. Losing to the Saints in bad weather is a bad loss, no matter who the QB is and the Packers used to be aggressive and hyped up at home.
That mentality is lost, and spending $2500 for two people with flight, hotel, rent a car, and over priced game tix (250%) to watch them lose is painful. Gonna think twice before committing to next year's trip.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nobody wins all their home games. had Rodgers played yesterday the Packers would have won. his injury was bad timing for your wallet. i've never gone to Green Bay and thought it wasn't worth it. you only live once.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live an hour from Green Bay. I enjoy going the games in Lambeau occasionally, but frankly I really prefer watching them on TV. Everyone should see at least one game in Lambeau, but I'm not sure I would want to spend that much to do it annually. However... I don't have to. I'm close enough to drive to the stadium and drive home afterward...so It is definitely a personal decision.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That mentality is lost, and spending $2500 for two people with flight, hotel, rent a car, and over priced game tix (250%) to watch them lose is painful. Gonna think twice before committing to next year's trip.

Maybe once for the experience, but that's too much for year on year.At least for what I earn :cool:

Should be no problem to pick an easy opponent to watch giving yourself a better chance to watch a home win.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't waste your money!! Aaron Rodgers is worth the price of admission. Without him?? Well...let's just say it's better to catch the game on tv.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course its worth the trip, there is no guarantee that a visit in Green Bay automatically comes with a home win.
I've been in Green Bay for two games and I wouldnt hesitate to go there for a third time if I wouldnt live across the pond.
Btw - I was lucky, both games were wins (Broncos, Jaguars). ;)

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I go to a game about every year and reluctantly went to Seahawks game this year because i was pissed at Thompson and Capers and basically the whole bunch. I plan on moving to Green Bay(actually Appleton) as thats where I was born in the near feature as soon as my home sells but if I still live in KC like I do now I wont be going to anymore games for awhile. Not until they can field a championship caliber defense. I also think this offense is missing a superstar weapon for Rodgers as well. They refuse to go all in and I wont be either.

I am just getting tired of the excuses of this organization. I own timeshares and would rather use those and go to Hawaii and cruise's at this point.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You'd probably be better off spending your money on something that will make you as close to 100% happy instead of the potential of being bitter.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to goto Lambeau once in my life a few years back. We beat the patriots. My fiancé and I goto a new stadium every year. He’s a patriots fan and would choose Green Bay over gillette any day. The experience is unmatched by any other stadium I have ever been too.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You'd probably be better off spending your money on something that will make you as close to 100% happy instead of the potential of being bitter.

The bitterness will only grow for many after a 5-11 season. Time to move onto the draft.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
That's the spirit. Avoid the end of the season rush. Give up now.

The only "rush" should be to get Capers and Thompson out of there. Scrap this mickey mouse defense we run . Then "rush" to bring in John Dorsey. Start loading the roster with talent with an attitude. Get nasty on the defensive side with players that can attack the LOS. We have a few already but need more. Get aggressive in free agency and bring in a play maker on offense for AR12.

Is that too much to ask for?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't waste your money!! Aaron Rodgers is worth the price of admission. Without him?? Well...let's just say it's better to catch the game on tv.

Yet I'm guessing you'd pay for a 10,000 ticket just to watch Urban Meyer's clunk show in the horseshoe.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hardly call being at the 2015 NFC champ game being "spoiled"

We lose two games and people are talking about not wanting to go anymore. That's spoiled.

Two of the best games I had ever been to had Matt Flynn at QB vs. the Falcons and Vikings.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We lose two games and people are talking about not wanting to go anymore. That's spoiled.

Two of the best games I had ever been to had Matt Flynn at QB vs. the Falcons and Vikings.

That's fine but not everyone lives in Green Bay and get tickets for face value. For many there is airfare and jacked up ticket prices to go along with everything else that costs $. It doesn't merit paying that much money to go watch a smoke and mirror defense that just gave up 500 yards at home and a QB that looks like a dud. Until they prove otherwise its not worth the price of the whole extravaganza. Sorry

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The Lambeau home field advantage is all but lost. I have been to GB 12 straight years and now back to back years we have awful loses with very little energy. Losing to the Saints in bad weather is a bad loss, no matter who the QB is and the Packers used to be aggressive and hyped up at home.
Send me your tickets.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yet I'm guessing you'd pay for a 10,000 ticket just to watch Urban Meyer's clunk show in the horseshoe.

Actually I paid less than 1,000 and watched them beat down Oregon in the National Championship...and I also get a hefty discount to home games (basically free) being OSU Alumni. That was a nice try tho hater hahaha! btw I've been to a Packers home game.. awesome experience. I just wouldn't go if Rodgers wasn't playing.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I paid less than 1,000 and watched them beat down Oregon in the National Championship...and I also get a hefty discount to home games (basically free) being OSU Alumni. That was a nice try tho hater hahaha! btw I've been to a Packers home game.. awesome experience. I just wouldn't go if Rodgers wasn't playing.

That there says it all.

Members online

Latest posts