Is Favre having fun

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't look like it to me after the game last night. Maybe he isn't the cure all and could be part of the problem. He still makes the Jets a better team but for all the high picks they have on the offensive line it still doesn't look too good.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't have time last night. Going for an onside kick in the first qtr didn't help either. One of those picks was a good play by the defender. The second one culd have been his fault or just not being on the same page as his receiver. I don't really think anyone would be having that much fun playing for the jets. If he had went to Minn I think it would have been another story.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For Favre, winning will cure everything. If the Jets are winning, he will be having fun, if they are losing, he wont. I think the Jets will be pretty damn good with Favre but i dont think it will happen till the second half of the season - last 6 games of the season. Their playoff hopes will probably be gone by then. Maybe he comes back next year and they can compete.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre and the offense were not on the same page. the one INT thrown was a miscommunication of some kind. Oh well.... looks like one more year is gone for him.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you see that look of horror he had on his face when the Chargers made that last touchdown? I'd never seen him with that look before.

My friend, who's a Jets fan and I discussed this the next day. He told me their coach likes to play it safe and Pennington was a safe player. Favre does not seem happy with these plays. He's not one to just hand off the ball. He seemed very disgusted when the hand-off backfired. My friend told me he feels they will have to meet him half way on this if they hope to get anything out of Favre. To me, Favre seems very frustrated.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one's having fun when the season starts like the '08 Jets. That's like asking if Derek Anderson is having fun with the '08 Browns. Of course not.

The more he plays with Coles & Cotchery & Stuckey & Baker & Keller the better off the Jets will be. It's gonna get worse before it gets better though, until they show they can beat the pressure. Opposing Ds that are able to apply significant pass rushes will continue to beat them while he develops trust with those receivers.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately for Brett the answer right now is no. ;( By the time they all get on the same page their season will be essentially over unless their defense improves big time before then. And if they have a losing season, will Brett come back next year? Yike. :p

DonnieCash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no way to have fun after a game like that. Not to mention that he is nursing a hurt ankle. There's nothing fun about that.

If he was sincere in March when he said he was mentally tired from the previous season, he'll be mentally dead after this season.

favre2coles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While Favre has looked like a deer in headlights at times,there has been improvement over the last 3 games..Finally yesterday,things came together. Maybe it was a one game fluke, maybe it's a sign of things to come. All i know is Chad never threw for 6,and the Jets would have never won that game with out Brett. At this point in time he gives the Jets the best chance to win.

P.S he looked plenty happy yesterday ;)

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I like Favre, if not for the bye, I'd look for them to have a let down the next week. Not sure why I have that feeling though.

favre2coles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being a life long Jet fan,that would be the norm but the fact that each game they have stepped it up just alittle has me wishing for the best. Only time will tell. One thing that i found funny,and shocked at the same time is that Brett is leading the NFL in passer rating. I was never a huge Brett fan, but i'm starting to see why he has such a following.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah according to ESPN. QB rankings are as follows:

1. Brett Favre NYK 110.8
2. Phillip Rivers SDG 109.8
3. Drew Brees NOR 106.9
4. Jason Campbell WAS 102.2
5. Kurt Warner ARI 100.8
6. Tony Romo DAL 99.0
7. Ben Roethlisberger PIT 98.6
8. Jay Cutler DEN 98.6
9. Donovan McNabb PHI 95.7
10. Trent Edwards BUF 93.5

(note Aaron Rodgers was 11th at 91.4 just barely ahead of Eli Manning.)

Its probably to early to draw conclusions on this list yet. though.

favre2coles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, i'm sure that list will change every week for the rest of the year... And from what i know about favre, and i could be wrong he can just as easily throw 5 picks next week... Guess you have to take the good with the bad.

Members online

Latest posts