Interesting Take on Hunt

stump5454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:roll: I really dont know about this. If he doesnt show up in shape I say we try and trade him for anything we can get. The problem is everyone else can see what a pile of waste this guy is. If Bates cannot get him to play nobody will. This guy has no loyalty, you think he would feel like he owes Sherman the world after he made him a very wealthy (man), and I use man lightly. I think this is nothing more than a street thug. :evil:

Hunt still worth keeping around

Hunt pulls down Clinton Portis last year. By Todd Korth , [email protected]
Date: Jun 12, 2005

What to do with Cletidus Hunt? Here

chickpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry but a player that is lazy that he is willing to forfeit $250K so doesn't have to participate in off-season work outs is beyond me. Yes, I know the 250 doesn't represent the same amount of money to Hunt as it does to the normal person but it is still around 20% of his annual income.

I think he is avoiding camp because he knows he will flunk the drug test again.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hunt has had about 50 warnings and opportunities to clean up his act. We're beating a dead horse with this guy...you can paint a turd any color, but it's still a turd...I don't care what magical powers Bates possesses, if he hasn't changed his act by now, he never will.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah after reading this piece, I think the drug thing might be a bigger issue, or cause of this problem then, anything. Couple more months of doing what-ever he's doing---Or go run in camp...Easy call for selfish C.

Also after reading this piece, I think that Hunt should be released. Football's a high-turn over game anyways...

I was the biggest supporter of the "really big talent" mantra...But I don't want his attitude on this team...and let alone this defense...when success means working hard and getting Bates system, screw it. His release will send a nice message. There are many benefits, and only one draw back---The hope that he will someday turn things around.

But after reading again that this is the way Hunt rewards Mike Sherman's confidence and huge ben-ji-mins contract...Man, no respect for anything but himself.

Forget it...Take your time...See if you can get anything...But get him out of here ASAP.

Shame. :roll:

<center>************EDIT ADMIN************

10,000th POST!

************END EDIT************</center>

stuffin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MajicMan said:
Yeah after reading this piece, I think the drug thing might be a bigger issue, or cause of this problem then, anything. Couple more months of doing what-ever he's doing---Or go run in camp...Easy call for selfish C.

Shame. :roll:

<center>************EDIT ADMIN************

10,000th POST!

************END EDIT************</center>

Hard to believe anything but a failed drug test is responsible for C Hunt missing training camp.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think the only option to to "B.J. Sander" him....make him one of the inactives.
When he decides he wants to play, he can be activated. If he causes a problem like McKenzie did, he is suspended.

The team is so cap stretched this year they can't cut him and they will put themselves back into cap hell again next year by cutting him this year.
In short, they are between a rock and a hard place.

One option is to offer to tear up the original deal, and offer him a pricey one year contract. He becomes a FA next year.

Another possible is to find a team with the cap space and need and offer him for a 7th rounder.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only did MS give Hunt the contract, but if you remember MS set him up in a positive situation at some camp or whatever, when he was suspended. What a wothless piece of skin. :x

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well you can't cut him because the impact on the salary cap is too great. The ideal solution would be to find someone who would take his contract. But what GM worth their salt would do that? We're stuck with him. Thank you Mr. Sherman for over-rating this guy. You never pay a guy on potential, you pay them based on contribution.

tano1998

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing he has showed season after season is a bad attitude....Cut him and take the cap hit, it's a no win situation either way :x

swartzcatz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has a big headed rock star mentallity right now and the Pack has to bear the brunt of it. He has to come back to earth and realize who signs his paychecks! If he's still upset about Sherman keeping him out a game last year...grow up and take your medicine!

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was in a Packer Chat today at jsonline by Lori Nickel. Her comments about the rest of the D-line weren't the ringing endorsement I was hoping for, but then again we probably won't really find out about them until the pads go on.

"Lori Nickel - Hi everyone. For all you regular chatters, I

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
swartzcatz said:
He has a big headed rock star mentallity right now and the Pack has to bear the brunt of it.

Yes, exactly...the longer this moron sticks around...the longer Sherman and Bates and players have to answer questions about his whereabouts. The longer he's around there will be more and more negative threads like this, its just a black cloud hanging over the team, not a major crisis, but certainly NOT a problem a defense in transition should have to deal with.

The longer he sticks around the longer we have the "well IF hunt shows up to play" variable when looking at next years defense. We need Hunt out of the equation as soon as possible so Bates can have two DT's that he is certain will SHOW UP to play in '05. Whether it be James Lee, Donnell Washington or whoever next to Grady...we need to start preparing for the season as soon as possible. Forget Cleditus because I think he will be a non factor

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first thing you have to realize is that his salary is too big to cut him, the hit to the salary cap would be too high to absorb. But they don't have to play him and they don't have to leet him around the team too much. If you have noticed they have him working out away from the team, as they do Grady Jackson. They're doing the right thing with these two guys. You can't motivate anyone to do anything. What you can do is give them incentives, make them feel loved, or whatevera, but you can't make them have character. What you can control is that you don't allow them to practice with the team and you keep those bad attitudes as far away from everyone that you can. My advice to Mr. Thompson is make sure that the next big money contract you give out, goes to a person of character. Don't make the same mistakes that Mike Sherman made.

Members online

Latest posts