1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Article on Favre by Cold, Hard Football Facts

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by bigfog, Jul 16, 2008.

1. bigfog

bigfog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Found this article from Cold, Hard Football Facts (a great website by the way). Very interesting take on the Favre situation:

2. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    brutally honest.

3. bigfog

bigfog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's for sure. No sugar-coating about it, but I wonder if TT is thinking along the same lines. He's always struck me as the Mr. Spock of the GM world.

4. packman31

packman31 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Favre is still better than Rodgers and gives you a better chance at winning the superbowl

5. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's about it. I stopped reading this drivel at this point.

You all can say what you want. Yes, Favre's being a baby. yes, he's a prima donna. he's still a top tier QB in the NFL that includes Brady, P Manning, and Romo, and Favre, and that's it.

This guy's a moron.

6. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I can agree with much of his perspective.
    However, he misses badly when he pins Brett's 2005 & 2006 stats on Brett alone. The stats in those years and the playoff loss in 2002 were in large part due to all of the injuries to the team leaving Brett to try and pull the victory out single handedly.

7. bigbyfan

bigbyfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm.... I wonder if he is a Favre fan?

8. ElleBlue

ElleBlue Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, you got that right. Favre has proven himself time and time again. This article is nothing but satire.

9. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

truth hurts. but notice it says Favre fans... not Green Bay Packer fans, so you my friend are safe from his truth laser.

See when i say Green Bay Packer fan it includes Favre. not the other way around.

I do agree that this guy blames Favre too much for the losses (even though he did have a major part in many of those critical loses). What kills me is that people are fine with giving Favre the credit for having the best season of his career last year... but the two years before that were the teams fault not his.

either way though its a team game and the qb gets too much credit/blame everytime.

10. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The article is way too long. I stopped reading about two thirds of the way through. I agree with the basic point, but I thought they overstated it and made Favre look worse than he is. Also, the article never acknowledged that there are lots of Packer fans--quite possibly the majority--who DO think it is time for the team to move on without Favre. I hate articles that have no shades of gray, even if I agree with the basic point that is being made.