Injuries

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Using my Google medical degree an MCL injury recovery can be a few days to 8 weeks. My guess is we'll have Jones back for playoffs at latest. Big blow to the offense but barring surgery we should get him back this season, yet.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Using my Google medical degree an MCL injury recovery can be a few days to 8 weeks. My guess is we'll have Jones back for playoffs at latest. Big blow to the offense but barring surgery we should get him back this season, yet.
If just MCL it can be recovered in a season I'm thinking. But gotta rule out ACL with an MRI first and get the degree of the tear.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope you guys are right! I blew up my MCL last week pheasant hunting falling into a ditch. (Happy Veterans Day LOL) The doc moved it around a little and doesnt THINK the ACL is torn “but hard to tell with all the swelling”. Can’t get an MRI until after you have an X-ray “ even tho we know that won’t show anything” (it’s a rule). Forgot to order the Xray so try again Monday now maybe I can start finding out what I’m dealing with this week. Wish there was a tent somewhere. At 65 I might heal a little slower than AJ!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope you guys are right! I blew up my MCL last week pheasant hunting falling into a ditch. (Happy Veterans Day LOL) The doc moved it around a little and doesnt THINK the ACL is torn “but hard to tell with all the swelling”. Can’t get an MRI until after you have an X-ray “ even tho we know that won’t show anything” (it’s a rule). Forgot to order the Xray so try again Monday now maybe I can start finding out what I’m dealing with this week. Wish there was a tent somewhere. At 65 I might heal a little slower than AJ!
Good luck with diagnosis and recovery...hope to have you back on here by playoffs ;)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Pelissero saying they're optimistic about Gary-- not detecting any breaks or ligament damage.

MRI tomorrow.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way it happened I thought he may have dislocated it and hoping for no fx in the olecranon.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoping Mercilus didn't tear anything, he was pointing right at the biceps insertion and the way the play happened sure looked like thats what could happen.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said when Kylin went down, and I'll say it again with Jones down - Tyler Ervin is out there available, if he wants back, can think of worse guys to come in and offer Dillon some spelling. He knows the offense.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoping Mercilus didn't tear anything, he was pointing right at the biceps insertion and the way the play happened sure looked like thats what could happen.

I cannot believe Gary's is suspected to not have any breaks or tears....hoping Whitney dodges a massive injury as well. I suspect like you though!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jones has had them before..missed few games

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said when Kylin went down, and I'll say it again with Jones down - Tyler Ervin is out there available, if he wants back, can think of worse guys to come in and offer Dillon some spelling. He knows the offense.

Ervin should already be returning punts for this team at the very least.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ervin was really good returning punts and kickoffs when first acquired off waivers. He regressed last season as well though.
No opinion on Ervin. I like his quickness/speed. The coverage has looked better lately. It has taken a long time though and I'm not completely convinced. But most will regress with our not so special teams.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy was sitting at home, watching football, and eating cereal last week. Where are you Ervin?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I expect there is a back most of us have not heard of (except the guys that do deep draft analysis) on someone's practice squad debating now to stay where he is or come to Green Bay for the next month.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect there is a back most of us have not heard of (except the guys that do deep draft analysis) on someone's practice squad debating now to stay where he is or come to Green Bay for the next month.
I'm guessing RB Armstead on our PS gets a call-up for the next 2 weeks which gets GB to the Bye Week. Doesn't require a roster move by doing so, just limits him to 2 games. This gives Aaron Jones 4 weeks "off" to rehab which (hopefully) is enough time.

Depending on Mercilus and Gary's situations we may see similar with OLB Tipa Galeai. Smaller (230 lbs. ish) and may be a liability against the run but may add speed to the outside rush.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oh for sure. Let me breakdown a few of my favorites, remember these would have to be unprotected by their team.

Dexter Williams - Cleveland Browns PS...clearly on the list solely due to very familiar with system. Getting him out of the way.
Ryquell Armstead - Our PS....clearly could be the guy activated given he is here. I personally wasn't big on him back when he entered draft in 2019, JAX picked him in the 5th round that year and he saw limited playing time. His time at Temple he was used heavy his final three years. Struggled with multiple Covid issues in 2020.

Pooka Williams - Bengals PS, Pooka is a rookie out of Kansas, that quite a few of us liked how he projected to the next level. Illustrated receiving chops at Kansas in his years there. Pooka's RAS was hit hard due to his height and weight measurements, but he has great speed, and fairly good 3cone and shuttle scores in the mid 6.0s grading scales RAS designates. I had him circled as a Day 3 guy to target - and went undrafted actually.

Javian Hawkins - Rams PS, Javian is a guy out of Louisville I also liked in the Day 3 range last draft, went undrafted. He scored a 7.02 RAS, ran a 4.46 forty with very good cone drill. He is a slighter back, but has exceptional cutting skills. His size though is just very concerning but has nearly reached 200 now being in NFL

Duke Johnson - Dolphins PS...Duke has been around now in the NFL since 2015 and has served as a depth guy multiple times. Extremely useful in the passing game having had over 400 yards receiving every year of his career except the shortened 11 game year in 2020. *One of my leading candidates if not protected. Experienced, multi-faceted guy.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh for sure. Let me breakdown a few of my favorites, remember these would have to be unprotected by their team.

Dexter Williams - Cleveland Browns PS...clearly on the list solely due to very familiar with system. Getting him out of the way.
Ryquell Armstead - Our PS....clearly could be the guy activated given he is here. I personally wasn't big on him back when he entered draft in 2019, JAX picked him in the 5th round that year and he saw limited playing time. His time at Temple he was used heavy his final three years. Struggled with multiple Covid issues in 2020.

Pooka Williams - Bengals PS, Pooka is a rookie out of Kansas, that quite a few of us liked how he projected to the next level. Illustrated receiving chops at Kansas in his years there. Pooka's RAS was hit hard due to his height and weight measurements, but he has great speed, and fairly good 3cone and shuttle scores in the mid 6.0s grading scales RAS designates. I had him circled as a Day 3 guy to target - and went undrafted actually.

Javian Hawkins - Rams PS, Javian is a guy out of Louisville I also liked in the Day 3 range last draft, went undrafted. He scored a 7.02 RAS, ran a 4.46 forty with very good cone drill. He is a slighter back, but has exceptional cutting skills. His size though is just very concerning but has nearly reached 200 now being in NFL

Duke Johnson - Dolphins PS...Duke has been around now in the NFL since 2015 and has served as a depth guy multiple times. Extremely useful in the passing game having had over 400 yards receiving every year of his career except the shortened 11 game year in 2020. *One of my leading candidates if not protected. Experienced, multi-faceted guy.
Armstead has much better size & speed (220 lbs., 4.45) than all of the others so I'm guessing he's elevated twice to give Jones 4 weeks to heal.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Armstead has much better size & speed (220 lbs., 4.45) than all of the others so I'm guessing he's elevated twice to give Jones 4 weeks to heal.

Jones is a small RB honestly. It is more about frame build than overall weight. I agree Armstead has the inside track, but if we fear Jones may miss more than a few games, I think a Duke Johnson type signing if unprotected is very cheap, very useful experienced back as well.

Latest posts