Injuries

D

Deleted member 6794

The question with replacing a guy like Alexander is the massive drop off in talent. What you are doing is taking perhaps the second best cb in the league and replacing him with a cb that is rated from the 100 to 180 th as a bench player. That drop off is so huge that the defense just won't be able to get off the field. Picking on that replacement will yield easy first downs and touchdowns.

There's absolutely no doubt it would be extremely difficult to adequately replace Alexander moving forward. You should remember the 2010 Packers though, which had a significant number of players on injured reserve and yet managed to win the Super Bowl.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Has anyone released what the tests indicated with King? We cannot lose him as much as I hate that typing that is justified.
No news that I have seen. I agree though, as much as I hate seeing King in there, he is a better option than what we currently have to replace an injured Alexander with. I was hoping Sullivan would improve from last year and possibly become your go to guy if Alexander, King or Stokes went down. SJC was in the Bengals game for one play and they had to show him where he dropped his jock on the field after the play. Yiadom is about all we have, unless they think Ento is ready.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Savage may be the one you're thinking of limping off but he returned. No one in the trenches though, which is a good thing for us.
Kevin King played with the bad shoulder and then got stepped on and left. Who knows if he will play. But I think Douglas, the new guy will be out there this week. He has plenty of experience.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No news that I have seen. I agree though, as much as I hate seeing King in there, he is a better option than what we currently have to replace an injured Alexander with. I was hoping Sullivan would improve from last year and possibly become your go to guy if Alexander, King or Stokes went down. SJC was in the Bengals game for one play and they had to show him where he dropped his jock on the field after the play. Yiadom is about all we have, unless they think Ento is ready.
Douglas.

D

Deleted member 6794

Has anyone released what the tests indicated with King? We cannot lose him as much as I hate that typing that is justified.

King didn't participate in yesterday's practice, not a good sign for him being available on Sunday.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
The Packers releasing King would actually result in an additional cap hit of close to $3 million for this season. Not gonna happen.
How many times do we have to talk about King being cut and why it's never going to happen?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
How many times do we have to talk about King being cut and why it's never going to happen?
LOL.....probably until he is no longer with the team. ;)

Many fans knee jerk reaction to poor play is "fire the guy, he sucks". Those fans don't actually understand the intricacies of the salary cap, as well as being able to answer the question of "and replace with who?"

So to summarize for those fans....Yes King has had his struggles, but his contract financially handcuffs the Packers from releasing him and he is probably the best 3rd option at CB that is currently on the team.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
LOL.....probably until he is no longer with the team. ;)

Many fans knee jerk reaction to poor play is "fire the guy, he sucks". Those fans don't actually understand the intricacies of the salary cap, as well as being able to answer the question of "and replace with who?"

So to summarize for those fans....Yes King has had his struggles, but his contract financially handcuffs the Packers from releasing him and he is probably the best 3rd option at CB that is currently on the team.
That's a good summary. I like it.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's hope the Bear o line is a sieve, otherwise, a lot of passes are going to be thrown at Isaac Yiadom, Shemar Jean-Charles or Rasul Douglas. Who saw this coming? Yiadom or Rasul Douglas at starting cb. I never even knew those guys were in the NFL.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yiadom or Rasul Douglas at starting cb. I never even knew those guys were in the NFL.
Nor would I, but I would bet that quite a few fans of other teams wouldn't be aware of half the guys on the current Packer roster either. One teams trash, is another teams treasure. Let's hope that is the case for one or both of them. Yiadom was traded for Josh Jackson and the little I have seen of Yiadom, I think the Packers got the better end of that deal with the Giants. Jackson has been a healthy scratch (inactive) from all 5 of the Giants games.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's hope the Bear o line is a sieve, otherwise, a lot of passes are going to be thrown at Isaac Yiadom, Shemar Jean-Charles or Rasul Douglas. Who saw this coming? Yiadom or Rasul Douglas at starting cb. I never even knew those guys were in the NFL.
Douglas has been around.

D

Deleted member 6794

Nor would I, but I would bet that quite a few fans of other teams wouldn't be aware of half the guys on the current Packer roster either. One teams trash, is another teams treasure. Let's hope that is the case for one or both of them. Yiadom was traded for Josh Jackson and the little I have seen of Yiadom, I think the Packers got the better end of that deal with the Giants. Jackson has been a healthy scratch (inactive) from all 5 of the Giants games.

Maybe the Giants just aren't down their two starters at cornerback entering the season ;)

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, it looks like the packers did not get lucky with hicks, mack, or robinson. none are listed as doubtful or out.

king has been ruled out. packers secondary will be an issue.
Bears consider this a game that can make or break their season. They will get every able body they can out there to beat us.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers will torch the bears, and now we have Cobb to rub salt in the wound again. Campbell will take care of Fields if he decides to run. It could be high scoring if Yiadom and Jean Charles see significant playing time.

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers will torch the bears, and now we have Cobb to rub salt in the wound again. Campbell will take care of Fields if he decides to run. It could be high scoring if Yiadom and Jean Charles see significant playing time.

With Alexander and King out for the game it's all but guaranteed either Yiadom and Jean Charles or Douglas and Dunbar will receive significant playing time.

That's concerning but fortunately the Bears lack a quality passing offense.

Reaction score
That’s an interesting question. Im not sure what his specific outlook is. Things have been pretty tight lipped with our injuries in general.

My guess is we get MVS back for AZ. Then Bakhtiari back early November. Then J’aire in mid-November.

I’m not convinced that Z won’t be back towards the end of the regular season (after bye and before playoffs) They seem to be holding those cards close to their chest. However it seems like they’d be able to rule Z Smith out by now IF his injury was definitively season ending. I almost have the impression that they went to surgery earlier because it would give him a better than 50/50 chance of still contributing this season.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

That’s an interesting question. Im not sure what his specific outlook is. Things have been pretty tight lipped with our injuries in general.

My guess is we get MVS back for AZ. Then Bakhtiari back early November. Then J’aire in mid-November.

I’m not convinced that Z won’t be back towards the end of the regular season (after bye and before playoffs) They seem to be holding those cards close to their chest. However it seems like they’d be able to rule Z Smith out by now IF his injury was definitively season ending. I almost have the impression that they went to surgery earlier because it would give him a better than 50/50 chance of still contributing this season.

The Packers don't need to announce or make a move even if they know Z's injury is season ending though.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Nothing new there. The Packers NEVER talk about injury situations unless they know for certain the player is done for the year. Nor should they talk about it in detail.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts