In Ted We Trust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:rolleyes: ok. whatever.
Your not wrong, but neither am I..we are just looking at change from two different perspectives.. I know what your saying but that goes without saying.. And I think you know what I'm saying ;)

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SpanishRose: "Ted doesn't like change."

Others: "Well actually, he was the one who orchestrated the Rodgers for Favre era shift. That was a huge change.

SpanishRose: "Well Rodgers was TEDS guy so that doesn't count as a change."

Others: "He also has among the highest rates for roster turnover every year at over 20%.

SpanishRose: "Hahahaha dude your numbers are wayyyy offf lol @ you lmao lol"

Others: "Well, here's a link. It's actually closer to 30%."

SpanishRose: "Well that's not what I meant by change. I meant Ted doesn't want to change his organizational philosophy. As opposed to other GM's who are always changing the way they do business." :confused:

Others: "That's not what you said. And you do know you've used "your" wrong like 30 times, right?"

SpanishRose: "hahaha dude your just spewing crap now I win this argument now your ignorant. Also I played football in college against some players who are now Packers and I know sum of them. So im kind of a big deal."

Others: "K."

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SpanishRose: "Ted doesn't like change."

Others: "Well actually, he was the one who orchestrated the Rodgers for Favre era shift. That was a huge change.

SpanishRose: "Well Rodgers was TEDS guy so that doesn't count as a change."

Others: "He also has among the highest rates for roster turnover every year at over 20%.

SpanishRose: "Hahahaha dude your numbers are wayyyy offf lol @ you lmao lol"

Others: "Well, here's a link. It's actually closer to 30%."

SpanishRose: "Well that's not what I meant by change. I meant Ted doesn't want to change his organizational philosophy. As opposed to other GM's who are always changing the way they do business." :confused:

Others: "That's not what you said. And you do know you've used "your" wrong like 30 times, right?"

SpanishRose: "hahaha dude your just spewing crap now I win this argument now your ignorant. Also I played football in college against some players who are now Packers and I know sum of them. So im kind of a big deal."

Others: "K."
Lmao.. Your missing the POINT my man. THE point.. And until you understand it, your going to continue to miss it.. You strike me as a man that if something works out once for you, you think it'll continue to work, despite never working again.. I know what type of person you are just based on your responses.. Since your so into percentages, what percentage of the 53 man roster were teddys draft picks/udfa?..what about the starters? If they ain't Teddy's, teddy don't want em.. I can't make it more apparent if I smacked you in the face with it ;).. Your whole Rodgers argument is laughable..that move was inevitable, seeing as Favre only played two more seasons afterwards.. So, even if teddy waited those two years, Favre needed to be eventually replaced unless, of course, teddy planned on a new system of football where they utilized a no qb system.. Your kinda funny and somewhat witty just not quite up to my level brotha.. As far as football goes, I'd bet anything if you lined up across me, you wouldn't catch a damn motha fuking ball and I promise you that :) gooday sir class is over

OP
OP
BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lmao.. Your missing the POINT my man. THE point.. And until you understand it, your going to continue to miss it.. You strike me as a man that if something works out once for you, you think it'll continue to work, despite never working again.. I know what type of person you are just based on your responses.. Since your so into percentages, what percentage of the 53 man roster were teddys draft picks/udfa?..what about the starters? If they ain't Teddy's, teddy don't want em.. I can't make it more apparent if I smacked you in the face with it ;).. Your whole Rodgers argument is laughable..that move was inevitable, seeing as Favre only played two more seasons afterwards.. So, even if teddy waited those two years, Favre needed to be eventually replaced unless, of course, teddy planned on a new system of football where they utilized a no qb system.. Your kinda funny and somewhat witty just not quite up to my level brotha.. As far as football goes, I'd bet anything if you lined up across me, you wouldn't catch a damn motha fuking ball against me and I promise you that :) gooday sir class is over

So much wrong with this comment that has nothing to do with your analysis.

I will strongly disagree that the move on Rodgers was inevitable. Favre was still a near-elite QB at the time. That was TT's very first draft pick ever. So, for a first-time GM to pick a QB with his first ever selection when Lord Favre was so revered, that was far from inevitable. The safer play would have been to select a QB in later rounds, just like Wolf did so often during Favre's tenure. That move pissed off Favre because he wanted immediate impact players, not a player for the future when he wasn't around. Plus, if it was so obvious, why did Rodgers last so long in the draft, meaning almost every other team had the chance to take him?

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I will strongly disagree that the move on Rodgers was inevitable. Favre was still a near-elite QB at the time. That was TT's very first draft pick ever. So, for a first-time GM to pick a QB with his first ever selection when Lord Favre was so revered, that was far from inevitable. The safer play would have been to select a QB in later rounds, just like Wolf did so often during Favre's tenure. That move pissed off Favre because he wanted immediate impact players, not a player for the future when he wasn't around. Plus, if it was so obvious, why did Rodgers last so long in the draft, meaning almost every other team had the chance to take him?
I think your missunderstanding what I'm saying.. Drafting Rodgers wasn't the obviousness I'm speaking of, it's the fact that once he was drafted, it was inevitable that he was going to replace Favre. Favre was about 36 when Rodgers was drafted, far from being in his "prime".. And Ted was following his bpa, and at pick 26, Rodgers was clearly the bpa.. He was considered a top 10 pick.. So either way, it was pretty "obvious". I hope that makes more sense now

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Don't waste your time. It's impossible to get through to someone who refuses to look at anything from any perspective other than his own. Believe me, I've tried today.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ATL passes more than we do; that thesis doesn't hold much water.

Well, ok, but they also run more than we do, at least they did in 2009, 2010, and 2011, with 2012 being the exception. And it still doesn't negate my point about Jackson not necessarily wanting to play here.

Perception is reality, and while you're factually correct that Atlanta throws the ball more than we do, the perception is we don't lean on the run nearly as much as they do. For an aging running back looking for a final shot at glory, this perception may very well have been the deciding factor. That and getting the opportunity to play indoors.

H

HardRightEdge

Well, ok, but they also run more than we do, at least they did in 2009, 2010, and 2011, with 2012 being the exception. And it still doesn't negate my point about Jackson not necessarily wanting to play here.

Perception is reality, and while you're factually correct that Atlanta throws the ball more than we do, the perception is we don't lean on the run nearly as much as they do. For an aging running back looking for a final shot at glory, this perception may very well have been the deciding factor. That and getting the opportunity to play indoors.

Dome, big city, southern climes, contender and probably equal or better money.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Haha really? Well I know I won that argument bro man.. You defeated yourself with a comeback like that because, like I said, your missing THE point my man.. I've done this at a higher level than you have and probably ever will.. Let the big boys talk
You've done what at a higher level? Argue on a forum?
I dunno, Amish can get pretty stout in a toe to toe here. I'd bet a hard cold nickel on him.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Your missing the POINT my man. THE point.. And until you understand it, your going to continue to miss it…
It’s a little funny you keep insisting others are missing your point since you seem to be missing it too:
Make no mistake I'd still argue we have the best roster in the league.
So in the middle of *****ing about Thompson not changing his philosophy you argue the Packers have the best roster in the league. So your ***** is Thompson has constructed the best roster in the league using his philosophy? And you can’t figure out why he’s sticking with it?
I've done this at a higher level than you have and probably ever will.. Let the big boys talk
Your kinda funny and somewhat witty just not quite up to my level brotha.. As far as football goes, I'd bet anything if you lined up across me, you wouldn't catch a damn motha fuking ball and I promise you that
Just so can’t say no one ever told you: You know what those two quotes accomplish? They make you look like an ***.

I’m an old man so I hope you could prevent me from catching the damn ball too, and you know what that has to do with analyzing the ability of a GM to manage a football team, and articulating a point of view? Absolutely nothing. And as an old man I’ve encountered a lot of people who are “full of themselves” who can’t help but tell others how much they know about one subject of another. Without fail they prove to be full of ****. If you know what you’re talking about you don’t need to tell others, it shows.

In March of 2009 on this forum kevo221 posted this:
Ted Thompson, you do not get anything for hoarding your money. Before free agency the Packers had the 5th most cap space behind Tampa Bay, Kansas City, Philadelphia, and Denver. However Tampa Bay, Kansas City, and Denver have all went out and got players to help the team (Winslow, Cassel, and Dawkins). If you have 34 million that you are sitting on, you are wasting the money, plain and simple. You would notice that the teams that are low on cap space are successful in the NFl. The 4 teams with the least space are Carolina, New England, Indianapolis, and Pittsburgh who combined had a record of 47-17, the MVP of the league, and the Super Bowl championship. Saving is not helping.
Remember what you posted after quoting this post? Here it is:
this x2 about time someone said it...
Remember what transpired in Green Bay during the 2009 UFA period? Thompson signed Duke Preston and Anthony Smith. Neither survived TC. In the 2010 UFA period Thompson signed Charlie Peprah and Erik Walden and then his injury-riddled roster won it all.

There’s nothing at all wrong with criticizing Thompson, or anyone else. But perhaps you should figure out whether or not you agree with your POINT before you tell someone else to “let the big boys talk?

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s a little funny you keep insisting others are missing your point since you seem to be missing it too: So in the middle of *****ing about Thompson not changing his philosophy you argue the Packers have the best roster in the league. So your ***** is Thompson has constructed the best roster in the league using his philosophy? And you can’t figure out why he’s sticking with it? Just so can’t say no one ever told you: You know what those two quotes accomplish? They make you look like an ***.

I’m an old man so I hope you could prevent me from catching the damn ball too, and you know what that has to do with analyzing the ability of a GM to manage a football team, and articulating a point of view? Absolutely nothing. And as an old man I’ve encountered a lot of people who are “full of themselves” who can’t help but tell others how much they know about one subject of another. Without fail they prove to be full of ****. If you know what you’re talking about you don’t need to tell others, it shows.

In March of 2009 on this forum kevo221 posted this: Remember what you posted after quoting this post? Here it is: Remember what transpired in Green Bay during the 2009 UFA period? Thompson signed Duke Preston and Anthony Smith. Neither survived TC. In the 2010 UFA period Thompson signed Charlie Peprah and Erik Walden and then his injury-riddled roster won it all.

There’s nothing at all wrong with criticizing Thompson, or anyone else. But perhaps you should figure out whether or not you agree with your POINT before you tell someone else to “let the big boys talk?
Haha my man you couldn't be more wrong.. I completely understand THEIR point and I have understood it since they made it but, they can't figure out mine.. I'm a newark detective, it's my job to think into matters more so than the average person.. I have to analyze people based on their actions and words..My success rate is 90% I think I'm pretty good at what I do ;)..Ted might be part of the 10% I've been wrong about before, and have already stated that if, ya know, you read and all..already stated that I won't let anyone outside of packer fans tell me we don't have a great team.. You would've seen that as well if, ya know, you read and all..
But teddy isn't without criticism as a lot of you seem to think he is PERFECTION.. Already stated the criticism I have of him, I only bring it here, amongst packer fans.. But you'd also know that IF, ya know, you read and all.. READ before you SPEAK because you, my friend, look like an *** to ME..Ted has built an OUTSTANDING roster, but their are still holes that need to be fixed and to think you can continually fix EVERY hole through the draft is going to catch up like it finally has.. What's wrong with signing a guy like Jackson? Canty? Jenkins? Maybe even huff? Or Elvis? All for about the same or less than we gave a back up ilb, which we have about 7 of, in jones.. We've been stuck the last two years, what's wrong with demanding a dynasty?.. The patriots had one, why can't we? Some think we can't win it every year.. But why? That's a losers mentality.. Why can't we be San Fran or Dallas in the 90's? Your ok with wasting another career like Favre's? And winning only one bowl with maybe the greatest qb we've ever seen? I'm not I demand more, but maybe your good with settling.. I guess old people still go to school, class is OVER :)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Haha my man you couldn't be more wrong.. I completely understand THEIR point and I have understood it since they made it but, they can't figure out mine.. I'm a newark detective, it's my job to think into matters more so than the average person.. I have to analyze people based on their actions and words..My success rate is 90% I think I'm pretty good at what I do ;)..Ted might be part of the 10% I've been wrong about before, and have already stated that if, ya know, you read and all..already stated that I won't let anyone outside of packer fans tell me we don't have a great team.. You would've seen that as well if, ya know, you read and all..
But teddy isn't without criticism as a lot of you seem to think he is PERFECTION.. Already stated the criticism I have of him, I only bring it here, amongst packer fans.. But you'd also know that IF, ya know, you read and all.. READ before you SPEAK because you, my friend, look like an *** to ME..Ted has built an OUTSTANDING roster, but their are still holes that need to be fixed and to think you can continually fix EVERY hole through the draft is going to catch up like it finally has.. What's wrong with signing a guy like Jackson? Canty? Jenkins? Maybe even huff? Or Elvis? All for about the same or less than we gave a back up ilb, which we have about 7 of, in jones.. We've been stuck the last two years, what's wrong with demanding a dynasty?.. The patriots had one, why can't we? Some think we can't win it every year.. But why? That's a losers mentality.. Why can't we be San Fran or Dallas in the 90's? Your ok with wasting another career like Favre's? And winning only one bowl with maybe the greatest qb we've ever seen? I'm not I demand more, but maybe your good with settling.. I guess old people still go to school, class is OVER :)
Is it me ? or is there an overpowering smell of ******** here ?

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've done what at a higher level? Argue on a forum?
I dunno, Amish can get pretty stout in a toe to toe here. I'd bet a hard cold nickel on him.
Haha no, play football and coach but we've settled that already.. I have no bad blood here man your all pack fans.. I don't post here when everything's going well cause there's no need for criticism, I just continue to read.. But there's a bad taste because of how the last two years we've been knocked out, so I come back and try to figure out why.. And I believe it's because of stubborness.. His refusal to use another pool of talent,and he's pretty much stated that, proves it..he's a GREAT gm, but with a flaw that might prevent us from getting to the promise land again.. I hope I'm really wrong , but that's just my opinion.. I'm on your side though guys lol

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Either that or Newark is swarmed with professional detectives who lack even basic high school grammar skills.
Or I'm typing on an iPhone that uses spell check? Either way I couldn't care LESS about you or what you think about me..I'm too cool for that bruh ;) and too good looking

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm a newark detective, it's my job to think into matters more so than the average person..
So now you think your football knowledge is based on the fact you're a detective? What happened to doubling down on the idea you know so much because you played college football? Gotta give you credit for being flexible though: When one of your assertions is shot down, you switch to something else. Of course there's another word for that other than "flexible".

And accusing me of not being able to read - Really, that's the best you got? That's very lame for a football detective.

Back to the substance:

● List the posters who think Thompson is perfect, or change your argument once again.

● Quote the post in which I say I'm satisfied with the Packers not winning a title or change your story yet again.

● I missed your excuse about what you posted in March of 2009 and what happened a season later. Was that just a "10% moment" for you? (After reading through this thread, it looks like you have problems with math - particularly percentages - so perhaps you can't calculate 10%?)

For someone who "demands perfection" from himself and all who he's associated with, it has been amply pointed out on this thread you're far from perfect in your posting and I don't mean your grammar. Go ahead and demand a dynasty but that's not realistic in today's NFL. So don't be surprised as the more you demand it, the more you appear as a petulant child here.

Everyone can and should continue to learn during their lifetimes, even old people. But after reading through (too) many of your posts, it's apparent you've got nothing to teach me. So continue to attempt to reconcile your complaining about Thompson at the same time you allege he's built the best roster in football; and continue to tell us how much you know because it's not apparent from your posts. But don’t think that passes the bovine scatology test with some of us here.

I

So now you think your football knowledge is based on the fact you're a detective? What happened to doubling down on the idea you know so much because you played college football? Gotta give you credit for being flexible though: When one of your assertions is shot down, you switch to something else. Of course there's another word for that other than "flexible".

And accusing me of not being able to read - Really, that's the best you got? That's very lame for a football detective.

Back to the substance:

● List the posters who think Thompson is perfect, or change your argument once again.

● Quote the post in which I say I'm satisfied with the Packers not winning a title or change your story yet again.

● I missed your excuse about what you posted in March of 2009 and what happened a season later. Was that just a "10% moment" for you? (After reading through this thread, it looks like you have problems with math - particularly percentages - so perhaps you can't calculate 10%?)

For someone who "demands perfection" from himself and all who he's associated with, it has been amply pointed out on this thread you're far from perfect in your posting and I don't mean your grammar. Go ahead and demand a dynasty but that's not realistic in today's NFL. So don't be surprised as the more you demand it, the more you appear as a petulant child here.

Everyone can and should continue to learn during their lifetimes, even old people. But after reading through (too) many of your posts, it's apparent you've got nothing to teach me. So continue to attempt to reconcile your complaining about Thompson at the same time you allege he's built the best roster in football; and continue to tell us how much you know because it's not apparent from your posts. But don’t think that passes the bovine scatology test with some of us here.
Got to agree here Spanish. Your exchanges were interesting and on some points I`d say you had a fair point, but then you kind of bigged yourself up with the I`m a Newark detective, then it became blah, blah, blah.... To imply people don`t know what they are talking about because YOU are a detective, so it makes you more knowledgeable is rather childish. Sorry mate but thats the way it came across IMHO

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Back to the substance:

For someone who "demands perfection" from himself and all who he's associated with, it has been amply pointed out on this thread you're far from perfect in your posting and I don't mean your grammer. Go ahead and demand a dynasty but that's not realistic in today's NFL. So don't be surprised as the more you demand it, the more you appear as a petulant child here.

Never once did I claim to play college ball..played high school ball for one of the best high school programs in jersey and player semi pro ball as a player coach for the jersey stags..once again if you read, you'd know this..being a detective has nothing to do with my football knowledge but everything to do with my assertion of how Ted thinks and carries himself as a gm based on his actions.. But you'd know this if you could read and analyze what I'm stating..your too focused on THIS when I'm speaking on THAT.. You'd make a horrible detective :).. And Adambr seems to think mr Thompson should replace the word perfection in the dictionary.. And did I state you were ok with not winning a title? I asked you that ? and once again, you'd probly be able to figure that out, if you read.. Your too old for school bro, according to yourself.. And to be frank, I never liked school or teaching, so CLASS IS OVER.. P.s pick up a book ;)

I

Or I'm typing on an iPhone that uses spell check? Either way I couldn't care LESS about you or what you think about me..I'm too cool for that bruh ;) and too good looking
You forgot modest too.......lol Do you roll up your jacket sleeves, and hold you gun sideways like Crockett and Tubbs ? You`ve certainly made me laugh though so thank you.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never once have I ever came close to implying that TT was perfect. Reading comprehension not YOUR thing, "bruh"?

You went from trying to make legitimate points to embarrassing yourself the minute you tried to use your "detective" job and "semi-pro" experience and then further acting like a tool with "oh, I took you to school! Class is over!" Who on earth does that, especially to someone else who told you they are an older person? What are you, 15? What is wrong with you?

But please continue to think everyone else doesnt get the point and youre so much smarter, even when not one person has backed you up.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
wow-za !!! some people are FULL of themselves. Good looking too??? OMG dude, go back to the shore, plz. That ***** attitude and clothing style and hair-do don't help your case any. You're right off the set of jersey shore on mtv, you and your friends. You barely make any shred of sense when you do speak, which is not often, so do us all a favor and go back to not speaking up. Bruh.....

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
No problem regarding me being old, adambr2, he's an *** to everyone.
And to be frank, I never liked school or teaching...
… or learning. But you are right about one thing: I was wrong to assume you ever sat in a college classroom. I'll close this by wishing you good luck with your obvious self-esteem issues, and as a good Jersey guy said in the title role of the movie My Cousin Vinny, "I'm done with this guy."

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
wow-za !!! some people are FULL of themselves. Good looking too??? OMG dude, go back to the shore, plz. That ***** attitude and clothing style and hair-do don't help your case any. You're right off the set of jersey shore on mtv, you and your friends. You barely make any shed of sense when you do speak, which is not often, so do us all a favor and go back to not speaking up. Bruh.....
I SWEAR to you we're nothing like those ridiculous NYers. You have to believe me, it's not real. That show was the worst mistake our state ever allowed. Worse than Garden State, and that's saying something.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny you claim reading comprehension isn't my strong suite because I remember scoring in the top 5% in that exact subject on the asvab and civil service test and along with math, was my strongest subject in school ( WOW you assumed correct for once, then assumed wrongly again lol)..I have the three stooges coming at me, yet with three heads put together, they are still unable to COMPREHEND what I'm saying. Seems like the classrooms everywhere now ;).. I know your brains probly hurt trying to keep up here, but that's how we do things up north, sorry BRUH, or better yet, HERB (look it up).. I'll go back to simply reading, something you guys havent mastered yet, and chuckling at the silly statements you try and make..p.s Oshkosh jealousy is the ugliest trait a man can have and looks ugly on you bro. I feel EXTREMELY sorry for you, more so than the others.. Good day gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts