In honor of our Seahawks Playoff rematch...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did any of you see Hasselbeck's interview after they beat Washington Saturday?
He strolled up to the mike, and said "We'll take the ball, and we're gonna score!"
Everyone started laughing!
I like the guy........he poked fun at himself, and laughed too.

That said, i hope we cream his team Saturday!!!!!!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup Sarah!
He sure did! And Harris made him pay for it!
I hope this game we blow them out, so i don't have a heart attack.

OP
OP
PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
That's what we're all hoping for! I would like to keep a few years of my life, lol!

I just finished watching the game... man oh man, I have never heard three commentators sooooo freaking biased to one team. The whole OT, Joe Buck, Cris Collinsworth and Troy Aikman were like three giddy, frozen cheerleaders up in the press box, rooting for Seattle.

I mean, when we won, Cris Collinsworth, says "And the angels are still flying above Lambeau Field", yeah, it was a thought, Brett's dad passing and having everyone on our shoulders, but you want to make a comment about what an unbelievable play that was by Al Harris? How GB did such a great job planning an attack during the time out? You'd think everyone was on our side to have us advance and continue the quest for the Super Bowl off the emotion of a loss, but that was not the case. The three brain dead commentators throughout the entire OT were planning how Seattle was going to celebrate the win, that just irks me

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:
That's what we're all hoping for! I would like to keep a few years of my life, lol!

I just finished watching the game... man oh man, I have never heard three commentators sooooo freaking biased to one team. The whole OT, Joe Buck, Cris Collinsworth and Troy Aikman were like three giddy, frozen cheerleaders up in the press box, rooting for Seattle.

I mean, when we won, Cris Collinsworth, says "And the angels are still flying above Lambeau Field", yeah, it was a thought, Brett's dad passing and having everyone on our shoulders, but you want to make a comment about what an unbelievable play that was by Al Harris? How GB did such a great job planning an attack during the time out? You'd think everyone was on our side to have us advance and continue the quest for the Super Bowl off the emotion of a loss, but that was not the case. The three brain dead commentators throughout the entire OT were planning how Seattle was going to celebrate the win, that just irks me

You know what really irks me? It seems like the entire 90s Cows team are commentators somewhere. The whole lot of them are biased. I almost want to watch the games without volume. I'm sick of hearing their crap.

HawkBeliever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:
Well, for everyone watching at home, they just flipped the coin, so ATTENTION next half hour will be the famous play!

Yeah Al, Hasselbeck's a nice guy, I just like poking fun at him, plus he asked for it, lol!

One thing I appreciate about Packer fans is that they seem to get that whole incident with Hasselbeck a lot better than the rest of the league.

A lot of other fan bases cite that and say he is a cocky jerk. But you have to look at the big picture of what he was trying to do. The Hawks had a history with very few bright spots in it at that point. They had not won a playoff game in two decades. But worst of all, they had this uncanny ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. It felt like they were cursed. So I think Matt made that cocky statement to try to break that trend and inject a bit of swagger and confidence to the team. And then he totally blew it.

Not that I know the guy personally,but he seems to be a really relaxed guy who likes to joke around and routinely engages in self depracting humor in interviews. He was trying to lead the franchise into a new era that day. He was just a year early...

Anyway, I agree its totally fair game to get a chuckle out of that statement, especially this week. But I do give props to all you Packer fans who don't totally demonize a pretty decent guy for what went down that day.

OP
OP
PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:
Well, for everyone watching at home, they just flipped the coin, so ATTENTION next half hour will be the famous play!

Yeah Al, Hasselbeck's a nice guy, I just like poking fun at him, plus he asked for it, lol!

One thing I appreciate about Packer fans is that they seem to get that whole incident with Hasselbeck a lot better than the rest of the league.

A lot of other fan bases cite that and say he is a cocky jerk. But you have to look at the big picture of what he was trying to do. The Hawks had a history with very few bright spots in it at that point. They had not won a playoff game in two decades. But worst of all, they had this uncanny ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. It felt like they were cursed. So I think Matt made that cocky statement to try to break that trend and inject a bit of swagger and confidence to the team. And then he totally blew it.

Not that I know the guy personally,but he seems to be a really relaxed guy who likes to joke around and routinely engages in self depracting humor in interviews. He was trying to lead the franchise into a new era that day. He was just a year early...

Anyway, I agree its totally fair game to get a chuckle out of that statement, especially this week. But I do give props to all you Packer fans who don't totally demonize a pretty decent guy for what went down that day.

Hey HawkBeliever!

Don't worry, the whole coin flip thing was just out of fun and games, we understand that. Me personally, I wouldn't think its a smart thing to do just because, only in football, do I feel there is a presence of jinx, lol! So I wouldn't dare do it, but yeah, Matt was just playing around due to the fact that he knew practically everyone on our team! The media makes a deal out of it cuz... they're the media... what else can they do they have to fill time slots and write articles! But yes, I do enjoy making the momentary fun out of that statement, but all in good taste :D

Oh and Zom, I'm totally with you. How the hell did everyone from the damn Dallas team get on TV? It's obnoxious! I mean come on! Aikman, Emmit, Deion Sanders (for crying out loud! :roll: ), and that's just to name a few, I swear, the new application to be a media member says "Have you previously played with the Dallas Cowboys?" :roll: :roll:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:

Hasselbeck is a good guy, and good QB. He had confidence, and wasn't afraid to say it. Had he drove his team to a win, they would probably be comparing it to Joe Namath's saying he was gonna win the Super Bowl.
It backfired on Hasselbeck, but the guy has Nads for sure!
The media is just looking for a story. ANYTHING to fill a page.

I don't dislike the Seahawks at all. Of course i hope we beat them, but i don't hate them. 2 years ago when we beat them the last gme of the regular season, I took a photo of Shawn Alexander scoring his then record 28th TD. I mailed him 2 copies, told him to keep one and asked if he could autograph the other for me. This was the 2 weeks between the NFC championship and SB. I didn't even know if i would ever get it back. But he signed it for me, and i had it in my hands before the SB was even played! How can you dislike a guy like that?

PappyVanWinkle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a starting NFL quarterback; personally, I want him to have a little swagger. His little statement adds to the fun of the game and give us something to talk about while we wait for the game. My only problem with this is that another Seahawk gets to make someone elses highlight reel, though I'm sure Brian Bosworth has no problem with it.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a starting NFL quarterback; personally, I want him to have a little swagger. His little statement adds to the fun of the game and give us something to talk about while we wait for the game. My only problem with this is that another Seahawk gets to make someone elses highlight reel, though I'm sure Brian Bosworth has no problem with it.

True. I expect an NFL QB to have a little big of swagger, especially when you're the underdog visiting team that everyone else has written off. You need something to get your team going. Unfortunately for him, it backfired and he threw the pass that resulted in the loss, making it a double bad for him.

I happen to like Hasselback, except of course when he plays against us.

And Cheesy - maybe we should have a list of NFL players who you DON'T have their autographs. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts