In arod we trust!!

Rodgersfan1985again

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to admit I wasnt to fond of arods playing throughout the game. Seemed like him and his receivers were havin a hard time gettin in sync. But hey he was pressured all night by chicago. But I do have faith in barbre I think we need to give him another shot Im sure MM has been up his a** all week on film lol. But what I seen in AROD that I hadnt before and alot of his critics said this in the offseason, HE CANT WIN IN THE FOURTH QTR!!! Well my friends, he can win in the fourth quarter!!!!!! He threw a Beauty to Jennings to put DA BEARS DOWN!! I think this is goona carry over for AROD who FINALLY got that clutch win fourth, he knows what its like now to win in the fourth, ITS AROD GROWIN UP BABY!!!!

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers did what good QBs do when they aren't having a great game. The find a way to win the ball game in the end. :)

:chisux:

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He was lucky that the Bears blew the coverage.....

( I could have completed that pass to Jennings...)

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
You know what REALLY stood out to me about A-rod even more than the winning TD toss to Jennings. Something Favre NEVER could do well. D. Levens.... this is for you.....

Wait for it

Wait for it

Wait for it

NOT THROW AN INTERCEPTION TO TOTALLY BLOW ALL CHANCES AT A WIN IN A CLOSE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll take that over the gunslinger who cost us how many chances at a come from behind wins. 95 Championship for one. 3 picks in the 4th quarter I believe. And the 07 Championship with 1 INT in OT. Makes me sick. Yeah, Favre is the come from behind GOD.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what REALLY stood out to me about A-rod even more than the winning TD toss to Jennings. Something Favre NEVER could do well. D. Levens.... this is for you.....

Wait for it

Wait for it

Wait for it

NOT THROW AN INTERCEPTION TO TOTALLY BLOW ALL CHANCES AT A WIN IN A CLOSE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll take that over the gunslinger who cost us how many chances at a come from behind wins. 95 Championship for one. 3 picks in the 4th quarter I believe. And the 07 Championship with 1 INT in OT. Makes me sick. Yeah, Favre is the come from behind GOD.

Amen, live and die by the Favre. A-rod won't lose the game early.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF anyone thinks the Vikes win over the Browns is phenomenal, they are a joke. The browns have not even scored 1 offensive TD in their last 7 games. Yeah, what a great team.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think rodgers looked just fine... his play didnt bother me, no turnovers! The bears were bringing alot of pressure and got to him quite a bit but he stood in there and made good confident throws. He came through big when he needed too. Its aaaaaaaaaaaaaall good!!!

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Wait for it

Wait for it

Wait for it

Really?

I seem to remember AROD doing that 3 or 4 times last year!

Favre is the winningest QB in the NFL, and he won with largely crappy Sherman teams.

Now's when someone posts the illogical post, "Sherman was a lousy GM, but his teams weren't that crappy".

Seems like some have selective memories here..:rules2:

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Really?

I seem to remember AROD doing that 3 or 4 times last year!

Favre is the winningest QB in the NFL, and he won with largely crappy Sherman teams.

Now's when someone posts the illogical post, "Sherman was a lousy GM, but his teams weren't that crappy".

Seems like some have selective memories here..:rules2:
Frankly, I really want to argue that, but I can't. For once, you make a valid point.

TheIrishCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers offers the Packers the best chance to win every football game they play in. He has one of the best arms in the league, has a great connection with Greg Jennings and his other wideouts (not to mention the match made in heaven with Jermichael Finley in preseason). On top of this he is a smart quarterback. This is often overlooked when describing Rodgers.

Sure last season there were sometimes when he threw an interception (although admittedly not many) but a lot of those came from tipped passes and woeful pass-protection.

Rodgers will be fine! Winning a Sunday night opener against the fiercest rivals imaginable in the dying minutes is what makes great quarterbacks. This game will stand to him throughout his career.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Favre 9-7
AROD 6-10

Favre 14-3
AROD ***

** edited by longtimefan**

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score

Favre 9-7
AROD 6-10

Favre 14-3
AROD (A** Splinters)
The Jets had a better team.
Also, Favre plays horribly down the stretch, selfishly keeping himself out there even though he was hurt and subsequently costing his team a spot in the playoffs.

Not Rodgers fault McCarthy didn't play him.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

Favre 9-7
AROD 6-10

Favre 14-3
AROD (A** Splinters)

A** Splinters. LOL That made me laugh. Good one. B

Nobody is Denying Favre has had great success in his career. I just think if you honestly look at Favre objectively, you have to point out his tendency to just throw balls up in the air and hope a receiver would go get them detracts from his mystique. He cost GB God knows how many games doing that. And at least 1, maybe 2 SB trips.

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers offers the Packers the best chance to win every football game they play in. He has one of the best arms in the league, has a great connection with Greg Jennings and his other wideouts (not to mention the match made in heaven with Jermichael Finley in preseason). On top of this he is a smart quarterback. This is often overlooked when describing Rodgers.

Sure last season there were sometimes when he threw an interception (although admittedly not many) but a lot of those came from tipped passes and woeful pass-protection.

Rodgers will be fine! Winning a Sunday night opener against the fiercest rivals imaginable in the dying minutes is what makes great quarterbacks. This game will stand to him throughout his career.

Well said Green Cheese. If I may add to that, Rodgers has a good sense of humor during press conferences.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great post. I saw Cutler push Clay Mathews well after a play in that game in complete fustration, this is the first I've heard anybody talk about it. Smart move on Mathews part by not getting a yellow flag by pushing back. Shows he has his head in the game.:happy0005:
I don't know why, but I think this Cutler "era" is going to be fun. :happy0005: Sure, he'll probably win some games for them, but most of the time, we're going to see his 4 necks soaked with tears. :chisux:

Members online

Latest posts