I'm the optimistic fan...

Reaction score
Yeah everyone want to talk down on Rodgers, but on that last drive he had 2 wrs, Jones and Adams both drop game winning touchdowns. Not much Rodgers can do when the wrs aren't catching the ball, at some point the wrs need to make plays too. And that's on top of all the other drops through the duration of the game.
catching a high pass behind you at 30 degrees temps and freezing rain is a <=40% completion play. That pass should have been a full foot lower and actually ideally even thrown in his gut in those conditions IMO.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Changes will be made. MM said it and you can bet on it. Changes to technique, pad levels and precision.

Clear sailing from here on in. :sick:

Almost got me with that one. Read the first two sentences and was already working on the response when I finally saw the rest of it. Not nice. :sneaky:

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
catching a high pass behind you at 30 degrees temps and freezing rain is a <=40% completion play. That pass should have been a full foot lower and actually ideally even thrown in his gut in those conditions IMO.

Yea when you're bein chased by 260 lb men trying to take your head off in obvious passing situation with time running out on the last drive of the game you can't always put the ball in an "ideal" spot. Hit them in the hands where it gives the wr a chance to make a play on the ball should be good enough. The wr needs to make plays too, you don't pay guys to only catch perfect balls on the numbers in stride or else I could line up out there and play wr for the packers.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Rodgers said that ball wasn't intended to Adams. Cobb was behind him but Adams jumped up for it

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm all for optimism, but I just feel this has become a frustrated team that's at a point where it's going to take an offseason of changes to fix. I just think some of the things we did in the aftermath of the NFC Championship game last year brought about some changes, but not all of which were changes for the better, and this offseason, I think we gotta roll some of them back.

Right now, I think we really have to beat out the Vikings for the division and try and get a 3rd seed in the playoffs to avoid going one and done. Otherwise, hate to speculate where we'd go, but right now it's looking like we'd have a date in Landover, MD and the way the Redskins are playing at home, that probably wouldn't end too well.

D

Deleted member 6794

Otherwise, hate to speculate where we'd go, but right now it's looking like we'd have a date in Landover, MD and the way the Redskins are playing at home, that probably wouldn't end too well.

If the Packers end up with a wild card spot the Redskins would be by far the best possible matchup to ask for.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Redskins------>Panthers-------->Cardinals ....... easy road to the Super Bowl :coffee: Let the Playoffs begin.....who's supplying the offense?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Changes will be made. MM said it and you can bet on it. Changes to technique, pad levels and precision.

Clear sailing from here on in. :sick:

I think at this point in the season changes HAVE to be made. I don't think it's time to hit the panic button but we can't afford to sit back and keep doing what we're doing either. Whatever it takes, it's go time!

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem right now is a lack of talent at key positions. No amount of optimism or pessimism will change that. The lack of talent at TE is killing the offense to go along with an o line that gets physically whipped at every short yardage run. Richard Rodgers was a projected 6th round draft pick. He's playing like one. Just because TT squandered a 3 Ed round pick on him does not make him starting caliber material. Packers will struggle to win at home against Dallas and at Oakland the other away games won't be close. Big changes need to be made with this franchise but it won't happen there is too much optimism.

D

Deleted member 6794

The lack of talent at TE is killing the offense to go along with an o line that gets physically whipped at every short yardage run. Richard Rodgers was a projected 6th round draft pick. He's playing like one. Just because TT squandered a 3 Ed round pick on him does not make him starting caliber material.

Four of the five starters on the offensive line appeared on the injury report yesterday so not being healthy could be a reason for them struggling. Richard Rodgers wasn´t worth of a third-round pick as some of us pointing out immediately after the selection. It seems that Thompson panicked once the highest ranked tight ends were gone and took a gamble on him which obviously hasn´t worked out so far. Taking another look at the 2014 draft there wasn´t any impact TE left at the time the Packers were on the clock in the third round though.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I will say I admire the super optimistic fans that say "changes need to be made and all will be well", I wish I was that confident. What changes, give me some examples? In regards to this season, there are not a lot of options of personnel change left for the Packers. Short of coaching staff changes and adjusting play calls , we have pretty much played all 53 cards in the deck. Sure Janis and Perillo can get more reps, but really, how much will that change things?

So for the 2015 season, change is ultimately left up to the current roster and 3 things; performance, attitude and luck.

Might as well toss luck out of it, since you can't rely on it and it can go either way.

So performance and attitude. Two areas where coaching and AR come into play IMO. Right now it seems like the Packers are playing as individuals, especially on offense. I don't see a lot of "team" out there. As a result, performance levels are below expectations and negative attitudes in response to poor play are off the charts. Negative attitude usually equals poor performance. Just the look of bewilderment and frustration on players faces lately tells you a lot. On offense, this has been snowballing all season. I think AR and the coaches have a lot to do with the build up of the negative attitude on offense. Let's face it, AR does not like blown assignments and routes and he isn't afraid to hide it. The look on his face from game #1 has gone from "Ok, no big deal, no Jordy...we will be fine RELAX" to today's look of "WTF...not again, what do I have to do to complete a pass?" The displeasure that AR exudes on the field has slowly trickled its way down to the rest of the offense. This is not a happy unit on the field lately and it shows. So how do you change that? Starts with coaching and AR. Coaches need to figure out a way to get some cohesiveness back in the offense, get them playing as a team. One win (Vikings) didn't seem to cure this. Finally, AR needs to R E L A X. He seriously looks like his pants are on fire and he's wondering why nobody on the offense is carrying a bucket of water. Maybe he needs to take a page out of old #4's playbook and have some fun out there, loosen up, tackle the next guy who scores in the endzone or carry him over his shoulder off the field. Basically, start acting like a team player, not one who is mad that nobody else is playing well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

So performance and attitude. Two areas where coaching and AR come into play IMO. Right now it seems like the Packers are playing as individuals, especially on offense. I don't see a lot of "team" out there. As a result, performance levels are below expectations and negative attitudes in response to poor play are off the charts. Negative attitude usually equals poor performance. Just the look of bewilderment and frustration on players faces lately tells you a lot. On offense, this has been snowballing all season. I think AR and the coaches have a lot to do with the build up of the negative attitude on offense. Let's face it, AR does not like blown assignments and routes and he isn't afraid to hide it. The look on his face from game #1 has gone from "Ok, no big deal, no Jordy...we will be fine RELAX" to today's look of "WTF...not again, what do I have to do to complete a pass?" The displeasure that AR exudes on the field has slowly trickled its way down to the rest of the offense. This is not a happy unit on the field lately and it shows. So how do you change that? Starts with coaching and AR. Coaches need to figure out a way to get some cohesiveness back in the offense, get them playing as a team. One win (Vikings) didn't seem to cure this. Finally, AR needs to R E L A X. He seriously looks like his pants are on fire and he's wondering why nobody on the offense is carrying a bucket of water. Maybe he needs to take a page out of old #4's playbook and have some fun out there, loosen up, tackle the next guy who scores in the endzone or carry him over his shoulder off the field. Basically, start acting like a team player, not one who is mad that nobody else is playing well.

Maybe Joe Whitt has some advice for the offense:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...aise-level-of-play-b99625326z1-359257631.html

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Easy to say, how do you propose that they play better individually and as a team?
Heh.

I've come to realize that the players simply need to play better and do their jobs. If we caught just a couple of balls and Crosby makes the kick against the Lions, we have one loss, maybe two. It's the little things that are absolutely killing us.

Get the mojo back, get hot, win games and make the playoffs. All bets are off then.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts