I'm the optimistic fan...

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you see me in the shoutbox during games, or even read many of my posts, you will notice that 99% of the time, I'm very optimistic. With that being said, I WILL be ending this thread with optimism, but it's time to figure this out. The yards that Lacy and Starks were averaging, Rodgers still threw the ball nearly 50 times. That's ludacris. Something needs to happen with the playcalling, something needs to happen with the drops and something needs to happen now. I thought the defense would be a problem if any this year, but that's not even a concern right now.

Now, excuse me while I make a list of why I am still optimistic.
1. I honestly think our offense can click again. It was there before the bye.
2. Our defense is playing well.
3. Montgomery should be back soon.
4. Quarless will hopefully be back soon.
5. Crosby is playing great.
6. Rodgers seemingly avoided injury tonight.
7. We are still a wildcard.
8. We are still a game out of first and can still be in first depending on Sunday's games.
9. There is always hope if you can get to the playoffs. See 2010.
10. Running backs are playing well.

At least we are making it interesting.

Go Pack Go.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only reason why I have any hope for this season is because of the Super Bowl 45 run. If not for that, I'd be in 100% panic mode right now.

OP
OP
D

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only reason why I have any hope for this season is because of the Super Bowl 45 run. If not for that, I'd be in 100% panic mode right now.

I'm there with you. Whoever can get rolling in time for the playoffs has as good of a shot as anyone. All I'm concerned about now is getting there and getting it rolling by late December.

Mat Bastian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3. Montgomery should be back soon.
4. Quarless will hopefully be back soon.
Keys to recovery. Montgomery seems to be able to separate. Quarless just has something that 82 does not. 82 plays like a lumbering, slow, blocking TE, but he doesn't block all that well. So frustrating.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I said it in the shout box...but I can't believe I'm actually excited / hopeful for Quarless to get back. I also think it says a lot about the state of the Pack right now with that being the case for things.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After reading this, I have a business opportunity for you. I'm a Nigerian Prince and you have an uncle here who left you $2,000,000.00. If you wire me $500.00 in the next 48 hours, I can persuade the Nigerian government to release the money to you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After reading this, I have a business opportunity for you. I'm a Nigerian Prince and you have an uncle here who left you $2,000,000.00. If you wire me $500.00 in the 48 hours, I can persuade the Nigerian government to release the money to you.

"You know what Toby, when the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country! Ok?" - Michael Scott

Premontre1969

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keys to recovery. Montgomery seems to be able to separate. Quarless just has something that 82 does not. 82 plays like a lumbering, slow, blocking TE, but he doesn't block all that well. So frustrating.
Aaron Rogers is not the same quarterback he has been in past seasons. I agree that much could be gained with better performances of receivers but unless Aaron can get his mojo back we don't have much of a chance.

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is literally the only reason I still have the tiniest bit of hope. My logical response? This team has hit rock bottom and unfortunately won't be getting out of it. I mean, let's be real. Even if we somehow managed to get into the playoffs, the way this team is playing, there isn't going to be a late season catching of fire. The defense is inconsistent. Rodgers is lacking. The WOs are slow and the only person making plays on a constant basis is Cobb. We just lost to both the Lions and Bears at home. Last time that happened? 1991, the year before Favre came to town.

I don't see a magical 2010 like run happening because this team has been figured out and teams are beating us again and again. The last 5 games of the season:

- @Lions (Win)
- Cowboys (Loss)
- @Raiders(Loss)
- @Cardinals (Loss)
- Vikings (Win)

Packers finish 9-7 and don't make it into the Wild Card. This team needs to sit down and try again next year. Maybe TT will get his head out of his *** and draft what we need instead of luxury picks.

OP
OP
D

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is literally the only reason I still have the tiniest bit of hope. My logical response? This team has hit rock bottom and unfortunately won't be getting out of it. I mean, let's be real. Even if we somehow managed to get into the playoffs, the way this team is playing, there isn't going to be a late season catching of fire. The defense is inconsistent. Rodgers is lacking. The WOs are slow and the only person making plays on a constant basis is Cobb. We just lost to both the Lions and Bears at home. Last time that happened? 1991, the year before Favre came to town.

I don't see a magical 2010 like run happening because this team has been figured out and teams are beating us again and again. The last 5 games of the season:

- @Lions (Win)
- Cowboys (Loss)
- @Raiders(Loss)
- @Cardinals (Loss)
- Vikings (Win)

Packers finish 9-7 and don't make it into the Wild Card. This team needs to sit down and try again next year. Maybe TT will get his head out of his *** and draft what we need instead of luxury picks.

Well, I have us:

-@Lions (win)
-Cowboys (win) (no romo)
-@Raiders (win)
-@Cardinals (loss)
-@Vikings (win)

That's good enough for a division win and even if we drop one of those, even two, can win a wildcard. As far as losing once we get to the playoffs, this team right now may not win, but I want to see the team in January.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rogers is not the same quarterback he has been in past seasons. I agree that much could be gained with better performances of receivers but unless Aaron can get his mojo back we don't have much of a chance.

Kinda hard when the wrs drop every damn pass.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

- @Lions (Win)
- Cowboys (Loss)
- @Raiders(Loss)
- @Cardinals (Loss)
- Vikings (Win)

Two secondary early players weren't needed? What about all the other high defenders picked?

Usually this kind of poor analysis is confined to the shout box.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

- @Lions (Win)
- Cowboys (Loss)
- @Raiders(Loss)
- @Cardinals (Loss)
- Vikings (Win)

Romo is out again, this time for the year. No reason to think we'd win at Detroit and home vs. Minnesota, but lose to home to Dallas with their back up QB.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Romo is out again, this time for the year. No reason to think we'd win at Detroit and home vs. Minnesota, but lose to home to Dallas with their back up QB.

No reason to think "we'd" (I guess you're on the team) lose to Detroit and Chicago at home either (scoring a combined 29 points)

Darryl Tincknell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The wheels are very wobbly and about to fall off completely. Offense- Aaron looks extremely frustrated and bewildered right now. Can not go back,set up in the pocket and find an OPEN receiver. Constantly chopping feet and leaving the pocket to buy some time and hope someone gets open. Lacy looks good, I think his injuries are better..I think he could have run for 175 yards or so tonight but we decided to throw 40+ passes again. Offensive line has taken a monumental step back for such a veteran group. They've been terrible all year. Now the worst of 'em all..our receivers. I never thought that losing Jordy would sabotage a season but I certainly think that now. We are running a bunch of possession receivers (and slow ones at that) out there that are having a ***** of a time getting separation and catching the ball. Teams have no fear of aPacker receiver running by them and Rodgers is not the answer at TE. Adams is terrible, Jones has got to be the easiest cover in the league, no wonder the Raiders and Giants let him walk. The only reason he's in GB right now is because of his familiarity with the system when Jordy went down. To compound all of this **** show is Tom Clements calling the plays. All I can say is wow

packers4lyfe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea good optimistic points. Wildcard spot for sure! Anything can happen. But you wonder if maybe rodgers just isnt gettin it done anymore? I think the running around like a chicken with his head cut off is taking its toll? Its like every play they're just winging it? Imo. I just wonder when rodgers cant run anymore (soon) and he has to rely on passing and actually have planned plays? Could be tough. Maybe replace rodgers soon? Thoughts? Hes fading i think

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea good optimistic points. Wildcard spot for sure! Anything can happen. But you wonder if maybe rodgers just isnt gettin it done anymore? I think the running around like a chicken with his head cut off is taking its toll? Its like every play they're just winging it? Imo. I just wonder when rodgers cant run anymore (soon) and he has to rely on passing and actually have planned plays? Could be tough. Maybe replace rodgers soon? Thoughts? Hes fading i think

Jumping the gun man.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm optimistic that I can be a wide receiver in the National Football League. You don't have to be fast, tall, able to run routes, have a hard work ethic, or even catch the ball and the Packers will find space for you as a starter.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
BENCH ADAMS!!! Look at last game Rodgers targeted JJ the most and we win easy.
Last 2 losses he targets Adams SEVERAL times and we lose. He is not reliable what so ever. Sure blame it on the weather but what about against Detroit when he dropped everything? I don't get it...at least Janis gives us a factor he doesn't and that's speed! That guy is hungry to play. Something this team is lacking. I'm sorry but that last pass went through Adams hands. Yea it was a tough catch but damn you're in the NFL make that catch!!! MM needs to figure out what he is gonna do about play calling as well...geez I'm so pissed off
Literally all his drops were super critical drops. And he got tangled up with defender and Rodgers got picked off...Smh

Premontre1969

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It may well get to the point they should give the next guy some playing time. Not quite yet. Rogers remains an excellent field general but something is off this season with his passing confidence; beyond blame on receivers. I doubt it's anything physical.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BENCH ADAMS!!! Look at last game Rodgers targeted JJ the most and we win easy.
Last 2 losses he targets Adams SEVERAL times and we lose. He is not reliable what so ever. Sure blame it on the weather but what about against Detroit when he dropped everything? I don't get it...at least Janis gives us a factor he doesn't and that's speed! That guy is hungry to play. Something this team is lacking. I'm sorry but that last pass went through Adams hands. Yea it was a tough catch but damn you're in the NFL make that catch!!! MM needs to figure out what he is gonna do about play calling as well...geez I'm so pissed off
Literally all his drops were super critical drops. And he got tangled up with defender and Rodgers got picked off...Smh

It's not as simple as "just target jones and we win!" Jones has to get open first to be targeted, something jones has been struggling with lately. Adams seems to be able to get open quite a bit but can't hang onto the damn ball and drops anything thrown his way. Rodgers will target the guy who he thinks is open, not going to force the ball to jones just for the sake of looks or targets.. Would like to see Janis play more though, seems like when he's on the field he adds a bit of a spark.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
I just find it hard to believe that JJ was so great last week and made plays then this week isn't open...it could be as simple as just target him more. He is a strong WR who makes plays happen with his hands.
And I agree I'd like to see Janis get more reps.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Look at this...last play of the game.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1448610243019.jpg
    FB_IMG_1448610243019.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 168

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts