I'm Happy

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is making a few assumptions, but let's say that both the Packers and the Patriots will make the playoffs this year. If that's the case, Green Bay will hold the record of most consecutive playoff appearances along with New England, Dallas, and Indianapolis, all with nine in a row.

Now I have been thinking all along that it looks bad that the Packers have had all these playoff chances but only have one Super Bowl championship to show for it. But looking at those other teams, New England is the only one to win multiple Super Bowl championships during their consecutive playoff streak. Both the Cowboys and Colts won only one Super Bowl during their record setting streaks - same as the Packers. So it doesn't look quite so "futile" for GB after all, more like par for the course.

However: All of those other teams had multiple Super Bowl appearances during their streak. So Green Bay would be the only one of that group to have only made it to only one Super Bowl during their streak, so they would have the most "futile" post season record of those four teams. Unless of course, GB makes it to or wins the Super Bowl this season, which certainly could happen. Side note: I would give GB a better chance at making the playoffs than NE at this point. But it's very early in the season.